Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aruba in January 2010?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2009, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

Aruba in January 2010?

Looking for any recommendations based preferably on RECENT experience.
Worth how many days' stay? Any problems? Bargains? Ripoffs? Preferred accommodations? Will book ASAP, so apprecaite promptest reply.
Thanks!:
Old Dec 16, 2009, 3:56 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Gold/Marriott Rewards Gold
All depends on your budget and what is your main purpose of your vacation.
Are your traveling solo or buddies?

And I think you need to be more specific:
What do you mean by problems? As if it's unsafe, not gay-friendly?

Safely-wise..Like any other place just be aware of your surroundings...but In the times we've gone to Aruba..never felt unsafe!..Tourist are sometimes the easiest target for theft...but just be a smart traveler..

Aruba is for my family and I our second home. We go there to chill relax and have some quality time with each other. So I can not give you much tip about where to go out but know they have gay-bar (or so i've heard)..Since you are in the Caribbean there is a macho-culture..but never saw in their local papers about bashing or discriminating..

We always rent a car to explore the many beaches Aruba has to offer..
For example Baby Beach (San Nicolas part), Arashi (my favourite), Mangel Halto (not many tourist goes here because of not knowing it's location and not really have a sandy beach more mangrove's, which for me makes it a special beach).

Safe to drive around?..Yes! Road conditions can be so-so but most are good!
We also rent atv's when we going offroad to explore the National Park Arikok and the rough North side of Aruba.
While the grown ups like to lay on the beach, we the younger ones love to go snorkeling, offroading, hiking and so on!

Have you check reviews on many of the highrise hotels in Aruba. (www.tripadvisor.com) Here you can also get tips on what to do and with which company.
Marriott, Hyatt, Westin, Radisson, Rui, Holiday Inn..and so
Lowrise: Manchebo, Bucuti, Divi, Tamarijn (all Inclusive)

We like to stay at one of the Marriott's properties since we get special rates with them. But it's a lil further from the main hotelstrip. If you are staying in the main strip..there are a lot of restaurants, bars, shop and even a cinema to go to. In general there are excellent places in dinning that fits all budget.

Supermarkets are short taxi ride, bus or mini bus away.
It walkable too but going back it's better to go by transport.

Most high-rise hotels are in the same spot on the island. There is lots to do for a 1st timer. From water activities to land. There so many different tour operators like De Palm Tours, Red sail watersports, Pelican watersports, ABC tour and so. Most tour operators picks you up and your hotel.
Locals (Arubians) speak very well english, spanish and even dutch.
They also have their own language called Papiamento. They're friendly, caring and social.
www.aruba.com or www.visitaruba.com

Depends on when you are going in Jan but might be the start of Carnival festival which is such a nice festivity.
However prices of hotels might go up because of this.

On www.priceline.com you can even bit for a hotelprice in Aruba so might want to check it out. Winning bids can be viewed on www.betterbidding.com or www.biddingfortravel.net

Also when heading to Aruba you lose a half a day getting there and same when coming back.
So minus the day of traveling I would say to get a good taste of Aruba 4 to 5 whole days

Hope this helps you out a bit. Going to miss not being in Aruba this year for the Holidays, but hopefully Gran Cayman will treat us well

Good luck planning!

Last edited by luvintheair; Dec 16, 2009 at 4:03 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.