Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Corona entry regulation came into force on August 1

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2021, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by offerendum
Still have to laugh the worse Corona-country in Europe which was the European starting point for 2 variants has now one of the most restrictive entry conditions in Europe.
Even better, look at the USA.
offerendum likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Surface Interval
Even better, look at the USA.
Indeed
Old Sep 1, 2021, 12:39 pm

Programs: BAEC
Quarantine Requirement for returning German travelers.

Originally Posted by oliver2002
All new regulations for the rest of the year... The einreiseanmeldung.de website is already using the new decision tree ^
Do the quarantine requirements apply to German citizens/residents returning from a trip to other countries ? I'm looking for a friend in Germany, who is not able to search on line, and I don't read or speak German.
Trip would be mid to late October.

Thanks
Old Sep 1, 2021, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Baygirl2017
Do the quarantine requirements apply to German citizens/residents returning from a trip to other countries ? I'm looking for a friend in Germany, who is not able to search on line, and I don't read or speak German.
Trip would be mid to late October.
Yes.

(and of course today’s rules may not be the rules in place mid to late October)
offerendum and Baygirl2017 like this.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 6:49 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Yes.
(and of course today’s rules may not be the rules in place mid to late October)

Thanks. After I sent that question, I found this at
https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/en/e...halt#content_3

Exemptions from the requirement to quarantine:

Exemptions from the requirement to quarantine apply to persons who:
  • have merely passed through a high-risk area (not an area of variant of concern) without a stopover,
  • are only passing through Germany and leaving the country via the fastest route available, or
  • in the case of border traffic from high-risk areas (but not Areas of variant of concern): persons who have spent less than 24 hours in a risk area or are only entering Germany for a period of up to 24 Hours.
In addition, for high-risk areas (but not areas of variant of concern) the following applies:

The requirement to quarantine applies to arrivals from high-risk areas until proof of full vaccination, recovery from an infection or a negative test result is submitted via the entry portal of the Federal Republic of Germany (www.einreiseanmeldung.de).

The quarantine period may be ended on the basis of a negative test carried out no earlier than five days after entry. For persons who have been vaccinated or recovered from an infection and arrive from a high-risk area, mandatory quarantine ends immediately

I'm not sure if the part under the bold line beginning "In addition ....." is referring to people passing through high risk areas, less than 24 hours. Or any arrivals from high risk areas who can provide proof of vaccination, testing etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.