Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

New Corona entry regulation came into force on August 1

Old Aug 3, 2021, 1:31 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Exclamation New Corona entry regulation came into force on August 1

All new regulations for the rest of the year... The einreiseanmeldung.de website is already using the new decision tree ^

As of yesterday, August 1, 2021, stricter rules apply when entering Germany. These apply to all modes of transport. All entrants to Germany who are over 12 years old must from now on prove that they are either recovered, vaccinated or negative-tested. If entering from virus-variant areas, vaccinated and recovered persons are also required to test.

Here is an overview of the key points of the updated entry regulation:
  • Validity of the regulation: August 1 to December 31, 2021.
  • Only two categories of risk areas: There are now only high-risk areas (previously high-incidence areas) and virus variant areas. Updates on these are published every Friday by the RKI.
    • The category risk area is no longer applicable, the status of the previous simple risk areas has been cancelled. This means that the countries previously classified accordingly Denmark, France, Greece, Ireland, Iraq, Croatia, Morocco and Turkey are no longer risk areas. The Digital Entry Application (DEA) requirement is no longer applicable.
    • High-risk areas are currently Egypt, Georgia, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Tunisia, UK and Cyprus. Classification is no longer based solely on incidence, but also on hospitalization rate, test rate and positive rate, and the ratio of incidence to Germany.
    • If an area is downgraded, the regulations of the new classification will also apply from that point on for entrants who are already in quarantine.
  • Extension to all modes of transport: The pre-entry detection requirement (testing, vaccination, recovery) is extended to all modes of transport. All previous test types (PCR/antigen/LAMP) will continue to be accepted as pre-entry tests.
  • Validity of tests: PCR tests may have been done a maximum of 72 hours before departure, antigen tests 48 hours. For entry from virus variant areas, antigen tests may only be 24 hours old.
  • Proof of age 12 and older: Proof of testing, vaccination and recovery must now only be provided by passengers aged 12 and older, instead of 6 and older as before.
  • DEA requirement: DEA requirement remains for all entrants from high-risk and virus variant areas.
  • Vaccinated/recovered: There is no pre-testing requirement for vaccinated/recovered except from virus variant areas.
  • Free testing: free testing for non-vaccinated/non-recovered persons from high-risk areas after 5 days is still possible with all known types of testing. Children under 12 years of age may exit quarantine after 5 days without testing.
  • Quarantine requirement: there is still a 14-day quarantine requirement for those returning from virus variant areas. An exception is only possible for double vaccinated persons if the RKI explicitly confirms the effectiveness of the vaccine against the corresponding variant.
  • Crews: For crews, the testing obligation does not apply after layover in high-risk areas > 72 hours. In the case of layovers in virus variant areas, there is still a testing obligation upon entry, a quarantine obligation for stays > 72 hours and the DEA obligation for stays > 72 hours. Beyond that, crews are generally not subject to DEA.
  • Transfer passengers: All types of transfer passengers may again be transported from virus variant areas. This means that transfers to Schengen are also possible again. Transfer passengers from virus variant areas are not subject to pre-testing. The transport ban continues to apply to non-German citizens/non-permanent residents with final destination Germany.
  • Control obligations: The control obligations of carriers remain unchanged. There are to be random checks.
Attached Images
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 12:28 am

Does anyone have first-hand knowledge about the document requirement from "all modes of transportation?" Are they actively checking private vehicles at land borders?
Old Aug 10, 2021, 1:13 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Spot checks only, the sheer volume of trafiic makes a full check impossible.
mxracer95 likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2021, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by mxracer95
Does anyone have first-hand knowledge about the document requirement from "all modes of transportation?" Are they actively checking private vehicles at land borders?
When I traveled at 2nd August no one checked, there wasn't even anyone at the border to France.
mxracer95 likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Just to check as an arrival (hopefully next week) from the UK (a high risk but not a variant area?) double vaccinated (and more than14 days ago) there is no requirement to have a pre departure test from the UK test or for any sort of quarantine?

thanks.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Just to check as an arrival (hopefully next week) from the UK (a high risk but not a variant area?) double vaccinated (and more than14 days ago) there is no requirement to have a pre departure test from the UK test or for any sort of quarantine?

thanks.
Thats my understanding. You will have to fill out https://www.einreiseanmeldung.de prior to departure and upload your vaccine certificate.

I just did that for the UK, and it showed me this:

offerendum and mav like this.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Thsnks for that.

Yes that's what I got when I started filling out the https://einreiseanmeldung.de/#/ form but the slabs of red were very disconcerting.

The inclusion of an 'are you fully vaccinated' question as a filter then putting the results in green would be more helpful.

I have the corona warn app and need to generate a new NHS certificate to upload into it.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 6:54 am

Programs: BA Gold
I have just completed the Einreiseanmeldung online - should I expect an email confirmation?
Old Aug 18, 2021, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

No email, just need to save/print the pdf displayed at the end.
mav likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 7:28 pm

Programs: AA/AS/UA; Bonvoy
I saved the PDF displayed at the end of the Einreiseanmeldung process. I then uploaded my CDC vaccination card per the instructions. Will I get any sort of updated PDF to reflect that I have uploaded my vaccination card, or is the PDF I have saved what I'll need to get through immigration at MUC (and, more importantly, avoid quarantine)?
Old Aug 24, 2021, 1:54 am
Original Poster

No, all you need is the pdf you have. The upload of the vaccination goes to the local health authority so they can check a box someplace to say you don't need to quarantine.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 6:29 am

Programs: AA/AS/UA; Bonvoy
Great to know -- thanks, oliver2002!
Old Aug 25, 2021, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Does anyone know if there will be further announcements re travel restrictions into Germany from the uk over the next fortinght crystal ball time)
please as the number of cases in scotland is increasing and our first minister has said she hopes not to have to impose some restrictions again.
As my flexible rate at the wa berlin has a QR day cancellation period kicking in on saturday for arrival on 11 sept
I have my double vaccination nhs statement which i will upload to the govt form prior to departure to berlin and have noted the ffp2 mask requirement for berlin transport .
also got 3 days in dresden but restrictions look ok.

Many thanks

Tbs
Old Aug 25, 2021, 5:00 am
Original Poster

The entire UK is already a high risk area and that is unlikely to change. If you are fully vaccinated you are free to roam the country. The next level is the UK becoming a virus variant area, which is defined as having a new virus variant (which is not yet common in Germany) in significant numbers. Whatever Boris is experimenting with is unlikely to make that happen, so you can rest at ease.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The entire UK is already a high risk area and that is unlikely to change. If you are fully vaccinated you are free to roam the country. The next level is the UK becoming a virus variant area, which is defined as having a new virus variant (which is not yet common in Germany) in significant numbers. Whatever Boris is experimenting with is unlikely to make that happen, so you can rest at ease.
Still have to laugh the worse Corona-country in Europe which was the European starting point for 2 variants has now one of the most restrictive entry conditions in Europe.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.