Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FRA Connections

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2021, 2:52 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Oneworld Silver
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
However, the passport control that you used is only available on the Schengen->Non-Schengen direction.
There is no Non-Schengen->Schengen passport control located in airside Non-Schengen B, thus the only way is to go upstairs, leave the secure area and clear passport control over there.
I see... And I guess that automatically means that you have to go through security, too ?..

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Passengers arriving from a non-clean arrival would be released at Level 4 and clean Non-Schengen arrivals would be released into Level 3.
I get it. Thank you again for the clear and prompt explanations...

Much as many of us might love FRA, I think I'm not the only one to find it incredibly complex!! After well over a decade of transiting through there, I still have to follow the signs without really understanding where I'm going until I (hopefully) get there. And the airport's own maps/website are not particularly helpful either...

MUC is so much simpler !
Old Jul 31, 2021, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by FlyerLX
I see... And I guess that automatically means that you have to go through security, too ?..
Yes, you're correct.

Originally Posted by FlyerLX
I get it. Thank you again for the clear and prompt explanations...

Much as many of us might love FRA, I think I'm not the only one to find it incredibly complex!! After well over a decade of transiting through there, I still have to follow the signs without really understanding where I'm going until I (hopefully) get there. And the airport's own maps/website are not particularly helpful either...

MUC is so much simpler !
FRA is complex and you get used to it at some point.
FlyerLX likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 3:22 pm

Programs: LH SEN
The FRA map in the LH app is about as good as you'll get in being guided from gate to gate.

But even it sometimes offers odd, suboptimal routings 🤷‍♂️
FlyerLX likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by tas246
Figured out the answer. The FRA airport required negative for all transits now.
So you have a link for this information? My read of the current FRA site is that for a transfer - for example ORD-FRA-AMS, you do NOT need the various documentation as you don't enter Germany. Is this not correct?
Old Aug 17, 2021, 10:35 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by milepig
So you have a link for this information? My read of the current FRA site is that for a transfer - for example ORD-FRA-AMS, you do NOT need the various documentation as you don't enter Germany. Is this not correct?
You are quoting a post from early April, which is approximately 27 years ago in pandemic time. 🙃

For transit Germany does not currently add extra restrictions, you just need whatever documentation / tests / etc that is required by your onward travel.
notquiteaff and offerendum like this.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by supine
You are quoting a post from early April, which is approximately 27 years ago in pandemic time. 🙃

For transit Germany does not currently add extra restrictions, you just need whatever documentation / tests / etc that is required by your onward travel.
Thanks - I didn't notice the thread date. I have everything I need for the final destination, so all looks well - until it changes tomorrow!
Old Aug 23, 2021, 11:53 pm

Guys what about ORD->FRA->DUS->Olbia.. am I good with just a neg PCR to get into Italy through 2 german connections? (im technically not leaving the airports)
Old Aug 24, 2021, 1:36 am
Suspended

You are entering Schengen in FRA so whether you physically leave the airport or not is academic.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 7:36 am

Im not travelling vaxxed but only with a PCR test, thats why its a bit sensitive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.