Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FRA COVID-19 PCR tests (Centogene)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2020, 12:50 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
This rule takes effect the 1st October. Actually this is the rule: the test must now be done at day 5, not day 1.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 1:45 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
That said, Centogene will be happy to test you whenever. Just register on the website and show them the two QR codes.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 2:29 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by fransknorge
This rule takes effect the 1st October.
My understanding is it was pushed back to October 15.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 2:39 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
It seems to be pushed back 15 October to coincide with the introduction of a digital registration when entering the country
Update 2020-09-24 (1): According to current media reports, a digital registration system is to be introduced on 15 October for persons entering Germany from designated risk zones. At the same time, the German federal states are to adopt new quarantine rules, as announced on Thursday (24 September).
dpa
https://global-monitoring.com/gm/pag...e.html?lang=en
Old Sep 30, 2020, 8:22 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, BAEC Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
Thank you. Looks like we will need to get the test done upon arrival at FRA then. Will go now and register on the Centogene website.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 4:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by JFSV
Thank you. Looks like we will need to get the test done upon arrival at FRA then. Will go now and register on the Centogene website.
If you haven't already done so, consider booking an airport hotel. You will be obligated to quarantine until you got the test result. There have been slight delays with the test results recently. Only the express test seems to fully live up to its promise.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 11:58 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BAEC Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
Originally Posted by funkydrummer
If you haven't already done so, consider booking an airport hotel. You will be obligated to quarantine until you got the test result. There have been slight delays with the test results recently. Only the express test seems to fully live up to its promise.
We have a "regular" aparthotel booked already in FFM where will we go directly upon arrival. Presumably one can leave the airport and head directly to a regular hotel in town, is it not the case?
Old Oct 1, 2020, 12:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by JFSV
We have a "regular" aparthotel booked already in FFM where will we go directly upon arrival. Presumably one can leave the airport and head directly to a regular hotel in town, is it not the case?
Sure, that's fine.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 9:02 am

Programs: Flying Blue PFL; IHG Rewards Club Diamond; HHonors Silver
What is the current situation with booking into a hotel at FRA while waiting for PCR test results? I will be travelling EDI-FRA-NUE with an overnight stop in FRA due to difficult connections. Plan A is to get a PCR test before leaving Edinburgh but in case I do not get my result in time then plan B would be to get a rapid test in FRA. However, I have heard that Hessen will not allow hotel check-in without a PCR certificate, although this has now been relaxed in Bavaria. Is this correct, even for airport hotels?
Old Oct 16, 2020, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Ardecos
What is the current situation with booking into a hotel at FRA while waiting for PCR test results? I will be travelling EDI-FRA-NUE with an overnight stop in FRA due to difficult connections. Plan A is to get a PCR test before leaving Edinburgh but in case I do not get my result in time then plan B would be to get a rapid test in FRA. However, I have heard that Hessen will not allow hotel check-in without a PCR certificate, although this has now been relaxed in Bavaria. Is this correct, even for airport hotels?
I guess you are right at the moment. Also the relaxed situation in Bavaria is only for people from German risk regions, not from risk regions from other countries.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.