FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Germany (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/germany-626/)
-   -   FRA COVID-19 PCR tests (Centogene) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/germany/2023487-fra-covid-19-pcr-tests-centogene.html)

Mackle Aug 16, 2020 11:27 am

FRA COVID-19 PCR tests (Centogene)

Does anyone have any idea on what the early morning wait times tend to be for the PCR tests at FRA carried out by Centogene? I need to fly out to DXB, and so need to take the PCR test in order to be allowed to fly there.

TIA!

mercflight Aug 16, 2020 12:16 pm

See the COVID 19 thread, last pages have some information, I was at Centogene around 9am today:

Arrived in FRA today on LH, went straight to Centogene center, separate line for express test. Wait time and test all in all 20 minutes I’d say. Then 6:30 hrs for result, via email notification that result is available and then login on Centogene website.

blitzen Aug 16, 2020 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by mercflight (Post 32608164)
See the COVID 19 thread, last pages have some information, I was at Centogene around 9am today:

Arrived in FRA today on LH, went straight to Centogene center, separate line for express test. Wait time and test all in all 20 minutes I’d say. Then 6:30 hrs for result, via email notification that result is available and then login on Centogene website.

Thanks for teh info. Did you do the free test or did you pay for the test (and if yes which option did you choose).

mercflight Aug 16, 2020 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by blitzen (Post 32608245)
Thanks for teh info. Did you do the free test or did you pay for the test (and if yes which option did you choose).

i did the express test at Euro 139 which used to have a 3hrs turnaround, now it’s 6hrs

SebFra Aug 16, 2020 1:43 pm

So there was a waiting time to do the express test today?

I did the express test a couple of times in the previous weeks and there was no waiting time at all whenever I was there.
Regarding waiting time for the result and your flight: Please note that they will take 2 samples. If the PCR test fails with the first sample, they will try again with the second sample.
So you should definitely take some more time! For me it happened once and the result took about 7.5 hours instead of 3.

mercflight Aug 16, 2020 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by SebFra (Post 32608342)
So there was a waiting time to do the express test today?

I did the express test a couple of times in the previous weeks and there was no waiting time at all whenever I was there.
Regarding waiting time for the result and your flight: Please note that they will take 2 samples. If the PCR test fails with the first sample, they will try again with the second sample.
So you should definitely take some more time! For me it happened once and the result took about 7.5 hours instead of 3.

probably less than 10 minutes wait, was better than I expected. But I’d be concerned doing the test morning of a flight leaving FRA, unless my flight leaves in the evening. An afternoon departure could easily become problematic.

FlyerTalker7654 Aug 16, 2020 2:45 pm

I apologise for asking this, but I can't seem to find a answer. Maybe someone can clarify.

If I book LHR to LAX via FRA with an hour layover, am I actually allowed to take that flight? Reading online it says I need to quarantine for 14 days in Germany. Am I right in thinking this? For what it's worth I'm using miles and this is one of the flight options showing.

blitzen Aug 16, 2020 4:51 pm

The rules should not apply to in transit passengers (as you never enter Germany). But 1h connection in Frankfurt .... hope your flight is not arriving late

Mackle Aug 17, 2020 12:07 am

Originally Posted by Mackle (Post 32608074)
Does anyone have any idea on what the early morning wait times tend to be for the PCR tests at FRA carried out by Centogene? I need to fly out to DXB, and so need to take the PCR test in order to be allowed to fly there.

TIA!

Thanks, this was really helpful. I arrived at FRAport just after 6am this morning, and was in the queue for the normal 12 hour test at 6:15 having paid online for it yesterday. By 7am I was back down on the regional Bahnhof platform waiting for the S8/S9 back to the city. The queue at 6:15 looked huge, but things did move pretty quickly. But when I left, there was almost no queue at all!

Now it is just a case of waiting to see if the results are the 8-12 hours that was predicted (fingers crossed they are negative too!).

And if anyone else is thinking of having the PCR done, no eating or drinking at least 15 minutes beforehand!

noname83 Aug 18, 2020 3:19 am

Today 10am no line at all

fatlasercat Aug 23, 2020 12:24 am

Originally Posted by noname83 (Post 32611984)
Today 10am no line at all

Did the express test yesterday at 11am. No line at all, was out of there in 10min. Results came in my email at 3pm (so 4hrs total).

HalconBCN Aug 25, 2020 4:24 am

Is the test not free?

supine Aug 25, 2020 4:41 am

Originally Posted by HalconBCN (Post 32628158)
Is the test not free?

Generally there is a fee...

1. Standard Process: 59 € incl. VAT

Results within 12 hours1 after sample receipt in 95%* of cases.

2. Express Process: 139 € incl. VAT

Results within 6 hours2 after sample receipt in in 97%* of cases.
If you are a German citizen or resident returning from a high risk area you can get the standard test for free.

HalconBCN Aug 25, 2020 10:40 am

I'm totally fine with 59 euros, but I am not happy that this is not being communicated better 😏

JFSV Sep 29, 2020 1:45 pm

Quick follow up question -- leveraging this thread, as it seems slightly related. Have the rules finally changed so that there will be a minimum of 5 day quarantine when coming from high risk countries?

I am trying to find a confirmation to this effect, but no luck. We are flying to FFM from the US on October 2nd. My understanding of the current status is that we should do the test upon arrival and, if negative, we can stop at that time the quarantine requirement.

But I had also seen references to discussions for having a minimum of a 5 day quarantine period for entries from high risk countries. In such a case, I presume that one would like to get tested not on day 1 of arrival in Germany but rather in day 5, in order not to have to do the tests twice.

Has anyone any further info by any chance? Many thanks