FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Germany (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/germany-626/)
-   -   FRA COVID-19 PCR tests (Centogene) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/germany/2023487-fra-covid-19-pcr-tests-centogene.html)

fransknorge Sep 30, 2020 12:50 am

This rule takes effect the 1st October. Actually this is the rule: the test must now be done at day 5, not day 1.

oliver2002 Sep 30, 2020 1:45 am

That said, Centogene will be happy to test you whenever. Just register on the website and show them the two QR codes.

flyertalker28120 Sep 30, 2020 2:29 am

Originally Posted by fransknorge (Post 32710907)
This rule takes effect the 1st October.

My understanding is it was pushed back to October 15.

fransknorge Sep 30, 2020 2:39 am

It seems to be pushed back 15 October to coincide with the introduction of a digital registration when entering the country

Update 2020-09-24 (1): According to current media reports, a digital registration system is to be introduced on 15 October for persons entering Germany from designated risk zones. At the same time, the German federal states are to adopt new quarantine rules, as announced on Thursday (24 September).
dpa
https://global-monitoring.com/gm/pag...e.html?lang=en

JFSV Sep 30, 2020 8:22 pm

Thank you. Looks like we will need to get the test done upon arrival at FRA then. Will go now and register on the Centogene website.

flyertalker28120 Oct 1, 2020 4:39 am

Originally Posted by JFSV (Post 32712994)
Thank you. Looks like we will need to get the test done upon arrival at FRA then. Will go now and register on the Centogene website.

If you haven't already done so, consider booking an airport hotel. You will be obligated to quarantine until you got the test result. There have been slight delays with the test results recently. Only the express test seems to fully live up to its promise.

JFSV Oct 1, 2020 11:58 am

Originally Posted by funkydrummer (Post 32713529)
If you haven't already done so, consider booking an airport hotel. You will be obligated to quarantine until you got the test result. There have been slight delays with the test results recently. Only the express test seems to fully live up to its promise.

We have a "regular" aparthotel booked already in FFM where will we go directly upon arrival. Presumably one can leave the airport and head directly to a regular hotel in town, is it not the case?

flyertalker28120 Oct 1, 2020 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by JFSV (Post 32714559)
We have a "regular" aparthotel booked already in FFM where will we go directly upon arrival. Presumably one can leave the airport and head directly to a regular hotel in town, is it not the case?

Sure, that's fine.

Ardecos Oct 16, 2020 9:02 am

What is the current situation with booking into a hotel at FRA while waiting for PCR test results? I will be travelling EDI-FRA-NUE with an overnight stop in FRA due to difficult connections. Plan A is to get a PCR test before leaving Edinburgh but in case I do not get my result in time then plan B would be to get a rapid test in FRA. However, I have heard that Hessen will not allow hotel check-in without a PCR certificate, although this has now been relaxed in Bavaria. Is this correct, even for airport hotels?

offerendum Oct 16, 2020 10:55 am

Originally Posted by Ardecos (Post 32752149)
What is the current situation with booking into a hotel at FRA while waiting for PCR test results? I will be travelling EDI-FRA-NUE with an overnight stop in FRA due to difficult connections. Plan A is to get a PCR test before leaving Edinburgh but in case I do not get my result in time then plan B would be to get a rapid test in FRA. However, I have heard that Hessen will not allow hotel check-in without a PCR certificate, although this has now been relaxed in Bavaria. Is this correct, even for airport hotels?

I guess you are right at the moment. Also the relaxed situation in Bavaria is only for people from German risk regions, not from risk regions from other countries.