Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

Munich - another MVV question

Old Feb 3, 18, 7:56 pm
Original Poster

If I need to go from the airport to the downtown area on day 1 and then return to the airport on day 3 (with not much travel being done on day 2), what is the very cheapest ticket that I can buy? Would it be better to combine separate Innenraum tickets with separate tickets between the airport and the outer border of the Innenraum? Or do I have to spring for two Gesamtnetz tickets @ 13 each?
Old Feb 4, 18, 1:36 am

Programs: UA 1P 1MM, ICH Plat, HH Silver, DB BahnComfort
The Innenraum day ticket costs €6,70, and the 3-Zone ticket you would need to get from MUC to the Innenraum costs €8,70. That is already €2.40 more than the Airport day ticket. The other option, if you need to travel at all on Day 2, is a 3-day Innenraum ticket, which costs €16,80, plus two single 3-zone tickets (total €17.40), which brings your total to €34,20. . Even two Airport day tickets plus a single Innenraum day ticket for day 2 works out to a total of €32.70, So you are better off with two Airport day tickets and single tickets or an Innenraum day ticket for day 2.
Old Feb 5, 18, 9:03 am

If all you need it to go into the city on day 1, and back to the airport on day 3, then the cheapest is technically a "strip ticket" (Streifenkarte). Each costs EUR14 and has 10 strips (so 1.4EUR per strip). You have to validate 8 strips to/from the airport, so you're paying EUR11.2 each way. However, you're out of pocket for EUR28, and technically will have 4 strips of value left for later use. MVV fares are complicated...
Old Feb 5, 18, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flugvergnugen View Post
If all you need it to go into the city on day 1, and back to the airport on day 3, then the cheapest is technically a "strip ticket" (Streifenkarte). Each costs EUR14 and has 10 strips (so 1.4EUR per strip). You have to validate 8 strips to/from the airport, so you're paying EUR11.2 each way. However, you're out of pocket for EUR28, and technically will have 4 strips of value left for later use. MVV fares are complicated...
Great suggestion, thanks. I don't mind any surplus Streifen, although I am still holding some from 1996 - which have of course been long invalidated.
Old Feb 7, 18, 2:24 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Or take the airport city day ticket to get to town on day one, buy a streifenkarte for a trip (2 stripes) on day 2 and use the remaining 8 to get to the airport on day 3.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: