Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

Park and Ride in Cologne

Park and Ride in Cologne

Old Oct 26, 17, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Park and Ride in Cologne

Hi,

Will stay at the Hilton at the Dom/Trainstation but a) they charge a $$$ to park a car and b) that parking garage is so tight etc. I would prefer never to use it again

So here come P&R into play. Which P&R carpark/station would be the best for me?
- arriving Tuesday
- leaving Thursday
- coming from Hannover
- staying at th Hilton

Vielen Dank
Old Oct 26, 17, 8:46 am

Programs: LH FTL, EB*G(1)
A3 til LEV-Zentrum, right on Willy-Brandt-Ring, left/south to Friedrich-Ebert-Strasse and then either P+R Edith-Weyde-Strasse (smallish) or further south P+R Duennwalder Kommunalweg.
Both P+R connect S6 which goes direct to Dom/Trainstation.

Picked those from distant memory* and they'd work OK if leaving to Hannover is on the list - if outbond is another destination, might reconsider.

If you want to look yourself http://www.stadt-koeln.de/leben-in-k...lender-parken/

* although we have an office just around there, I've not been there in some 2 years
Old Oct 31, 17, 1:41 pm

Programs: A* Gold, OW Sapphire, Thalys Platinum, Accor Gold
If you want to get to a P&R, I would suggest going to either "Holweide" near the A3 (exit Holweide as well) with S 11 connection to the main station or "Schlebusch" with Tram line 4 going to Appellhofplatz and 400 m walk. Another option from Schlebusch might be the bus 260.

A word of advise: All Park and Ride stations are unattended, so do not leave any valuables in the car! Cars standing on these P&R stations for a few days are easy targets for thiefs.

I would suggest finding a nice street near one of my suggested spots and park whereever it is allowed.
Old Oct 31, 17, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Am open to a regular parking garage close to the Hilton .... the garage at the Hilton is just so tight that I always fear to damage the (rental) car
Old Nov 3, 17, 2:55 am

Programs: LA, AF, SQ, BAEC, OZ...
Just be careful when driving around Koeln - I have received recently two fines for speeding. Seems that the trigger is set out fairly low i.e. on a 100km/h road, driving faster than 104 km/h you may get fined. Luckily, fines are just 10 EUR for these minor infractions, but still...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: