Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Killing time in FRA T2

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2017, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

Killing time in FRA T2

I'll be arriving at FRA on a Sun evening off of a DB ICE train. Will have about 3 hours to kill before a flight out from T2. Any thoughts on where the best place to while the hours away will be? I won't have lounge access. And I'll be flying out of the non-Schengen gates. Thx.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 10:18 pm

The good thing is that you can stay in the public area much longer because you won't need to go through general security at T2 to get to your gate, only immigration, which is more predictable. I'd probably just hang out at the food court area on the 4th floor. The entrance to the viewing terrace is right there as well, but closes at 6pm.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 1:12 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Have dinner somewhere in the Squaire?
Old Mar 28, 2017, 3:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gpia
The good thing is that you can stay in the public area much longer because you won't need to go through general security at T2 to get to your gate, only immigration, which is more predictable. I'd probably just hang out at the food court area on the 4th floor. The entrance to the viewing terrace is right there as well, but closes at 6pm.
Is this because security is done at the gate itself like Schipol? And the food court is accessed after immigration?
Old Mar 28, 2017, 3:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Have dinner somewhere in the Squaire?
What is the Square?
Old Mar 28, 2017, 3:42 am
Suspended

The Squaire is Europe's largest office building (I think). It's shaped like a kidney and attached to FRA airport. Apart from offices and a railway station, there are shops and restaurants. Plenty to choose from for dinner. About a three minute covered walk from T1.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by NeedstoFly
Is this because security is done at the gate itself like Schipol? And the food court is accessed after immigration?
Yes, individual gate security for every ~4 gates. Often, only 1 flight per the 4 gates at the same time. Food court is in the public area before immigration. But since it's only a quick passport check, lines there will be short enough.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 5:18 am
Suspended

Although, depending on the time of day, these security queues can be a real killer. 30 mins plus. It's one reason I never fly BA out of Frankfurt.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 5:20 am

Although, depending on the time of day, these security queues can be a real killer. 30 mins plus. It's one reason I never fly BA out of Frankfurt.
FRA security can be a mess. I am assuming though OP is flying from E gates, which is a different story. I think BA only flies from D gates?
Old Mar 28, 2017, 5:22 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by NeedstoFly
What is the Square?
Since you are arriving by DB you will be right in the middle of Squaire. There are some restaurants and shops on the floor where you come up from the platform but most restaurants are on the floor above.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Thanks everyone. I am in fact flying BA so may hit those security queues.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 8:43 am
Suspended

What time?
Old Mar 28, 2017, 11:09 am
Original Poster

What time?
7:40p, last flight.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 11:36 am
Suspended

I think there is one big flight going out to Asia around then (but it's been at least a year). Leave the (underwhelming) JL lounge about 45 minutes prior to departure.

Edit: sorry I see you have no lounge access. You're not missing much!
Old Mar 28, 2017, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

I am always grateful for any and all lounge invitations from the more fortunate ;-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.