Search

Relocation to Frankfurt

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2016, 7:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond, BAEC Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
Relocation to Frankfurt

Hi all,

I may be relocating to Frankfurt within the next 6 months. I have been there quite a few times for work and for a couple of days as a "tourist". From what I have seen (my office is located in Westend), I like the Westend area as well as Sachsenhausen.

For those of you who live in FRA or are otherwise familiar with the city, where would you choose to live? I am keen on living in the city (as opposed to the nice towns nearby like Bad Homburg) so both Westend and Sachsenhausen would probably be my first two choices. Are there any other nice areas (not too far from Westend) that I could add to my list?

Many thanks

Cheers
J

Last edited by JFSV; Aug 22, 2016 at 7:38 am Reason: typo
Old Aug 22, 2016, 8:55 am

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
The for most central and nice areas to live are Westen, Nordend, Ostend and Sachsenhausen but are also the most expansive ones. In addition it is not so easy to get an apartment their. It might take some time but maybe you are lucky and someone is looking for a short term tenant. In addition there is a pretty new city quarter called Europa Viertel which is still relatively central. It is not as old fashioned as the other parts of the city ans still a lot of work going on but that's why you find there more apartments to rent than in the other parts of town.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 12:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond, BAEC Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
Thanks - this is helpful!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.