Reload this Page >

Surviving hunger at Frankfurt airport!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Surviving hunger at Frankfurt airport!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2015, 12:44 am

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Silver, IHG Spire Elite, HHonors Silver, RapidRewards
With that much time, you could easily take an S-Bahn to nearby Wiesbaden or Mainz. You could spend a few hours zoning out in a spa (recommend Kaiser Friedrich in Wiesbaden - onsite lockers for your stuff)...
Old Nov 1, 2015, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
They have staff/non-staff pricing. Staff price applies if you use your badge to pay for your food. Of course they don't expect the general public to show up there.
I am curious now. Could you share insights into non-staff pricing? Is the food good, and moreover, how would I find it, please?
I tried Thong Thai once, and I had a hard to time on my flight afterwards. I would not repeat my experience.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 5:05 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Its better canteen food. I wouldn't bother if I were you.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Its better canteen food. I wouldn't bother if I were you.
It's a cultural experience to see what the local eat every day. I tried it in PRG many years ago - we were looking for a post office to send off some postcards, the info people pointed us to another building where there is a staff canteen. I got to try some canteen food and it was good - I got to try Czech goulash and yes they have staff/non-staff price - yes it's canteen food and I'm not a foodie. I like to see and experience what locals do and eat every day - so for me it was a nice experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.