Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

Minimum Connection Time FRA

Old Apr 12, 13, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US CP, MR Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat

Coming back from FRA on US707. Looking at tacking on a little jaunt in IST for a few days at the tail end of the trip before I come back on 707. Trying to figure out the schedule. There is an LH flight ariving into FRA at 07:45 same day. This shows as a valid booking on US' website. Aside from the obvious risk of tight connection times on separate PNRs, the question is what is the minimum connection time in FRA, would 90 minutes be enough, also would LH print me a ticket for 707 in IST and interline the bag with separate PNRs? Thanks

Go Gators

Last edited by GNVGator; Apr 12, 13 at 12:38 pm
Old Apr 12, 13, 4:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
If I'm reading this correctly, it'd be a 90 min minimum connect time:

[KVS Availability Tool 7.1.9 - Reference: Minimum Connection Time [MCT]: FRA/LH-US]
Code:
                                               DD  DI  ID  II   
STANDARD:         FRA                          045 045 045 045  

EXCEPTIONS:                                                     
A/L FLT-NBR  EQP    DEPARR AREA                                 

LH           TRN                               --- 090 --- ---  
US 0001-2199
Not sure on the interline with different PNRs. I don't think they'd have to. Is your FRA-CLT refundable where you wouldn't get stuck with a big change fee or refare if you missed it?
Old Apr 12, 13, 5:21 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by phlwookie View Post
If I'm reading this correctly, it'd be a 90 min minimum connect time:

[KVS Availability Tool 7.1.9 - Reference: Minimum Connection Time [MCT]: FRA/LH-US]
Code:
                                               DD  DI  ID  II   
STANDARD:         FRA                          045 045 045 045  

EXCEPTIONS:                                                     
A/L FLT-NBR  EQP    DEPARR AREA                                 

LH           TRN                               --- 090 --- ---  
US 0001-2199
The MCT is 45 minutes. The 90-minute exception is only for connections from Train (TRN)-operated LH 'flights'.

Originally Posted by phlwookie View Post
Not sure on the interline with different PNRs. I don't think they'd have to.
Shouldn't be an issue, as this is a *A to *A connection.
Old Apr 12, 13, 5:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Thanks. I don't think I'd ever be comfortable attempting a 45 min connection at FRA though as I'm not a marathon runner ...

I might be tempted to try it at MUC but still probably wouldn't do it.
Old Apr 13, 13, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: US CP, MR Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
I'm not certain any rational actor would be OK with a 45 minute connection in FRA. The place is massive and the US gate is conveniently cordoned off from the LH lounges near the higher international gates as a side note.

With that said anybody have experience interlining and getting tickets printed on separate PNRs?

Go Gators
Old Apr 13, 13, 10:55 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum Pro, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
I have an upcoming Star Alliance itinerary I booked with my US Airways Dividend Miles which includes a connection in FRA. The layover is only 1 hour, 20 minutes and the connection is going from Lufthansa to Air Canada. Anyone know how far their gates are from each other? Will the 80 minute layover be problematic even if everything runs on time?
Old Apr 13, 13, 11:23 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by GNRMatt View Post
I have an upcoming Star Alliance itinerary I booked with my US Airways Dividend Miles which includes a connection in FRA. The layover is only 1 hour, 20 minutes and the connection is going from Lufthansa to Air Canada. Anyone know how far their gates are from each other? Will the 80 minute layover be problematic even if everything runs on time?
As your question now doesn't have to do with US Airways, I'm moving your thread over to the Germany forum. I believe there are some existing threads there about MCT's at FRA.

Thanks!

aztimm
Old Apr 13, 13, 11:47 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Coronavirus, Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Check the first post of this thread about connecting between Lufthansa and *A flights in FRA.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...on-thread.html
Old Apr 23, 14, 11:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Hi,

I am on a LA flight MAD-FRA arriving in FRA at 6pm and I am then connecting to a JL flight leaving at 7.20pm... Will I make the connection? Apparently I will have to switch from terminal 1 to 2. Same PNR.

Thanks!
Old Apr 24, 14, 6:36 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Easy peasy. LAN arrives in 1C, JAL departs from 2D, just take the skytrain from 1B to 2D.
Old Jun 2, 14, 2:56 am

Programs: EB Silver, Bonvoy Gold
Is a intra-schengen BSL-FRA-HAM (all on LH) doable with a 45' connecting time; probably hand baggage only. Thanks.
Old Jun 2, 14, 8:20 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Coronavirus, Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by grischtu View Post
Is a intra-schengen BSL-FRA-HAM (all on LH) doable with a 45' connecting time; probably hand baggage only. Thanks.
You may like to check the FRA Connection thread in the Lufthansa/Miles & More forum. The connection is a little tight but should be ok provided your incoming flight is not very late. The arrival from BSL is likely to be a bus gate.
Old Apr 29, 15, 1:58 am

Programs: *A Gold (EuroBonus)
Hello, I hope I can borrow this thread.

Is a 45min connection at FRA doable?
I'm concidering a LH99 arriving at 10.05 from MUC and depart onwards to JFK on LH400 at 10.50

Seems crazy to me, but it comes up when searching for tickets. All LH flights.
Old Apr 29, 15, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by Soph View Post
Hello, I hope I can borrow this thread.

Is a 45min connection at FRA doable?
I'm concidering a LH99 arriving at 10.05 from MUC and depart onwards to JFK on LH400 at 10.50

Seems crazy to me, but it comes up when searching for tickets. All LH flights.
Have you checked the FRA connection thread linked in the previous post?

Lufthansa does sell this connection on their website so it must be legal but it does not guarantee you will make the connection. There should be no need to clear security in FRA but you will have to go through passport control and possibly a random security check for passengers on US-bound flights.
Old Apr 30, 15, 2:26 pm

I wouldn't count on them to check your bags through and even less printing an onward boarding pass if it's on two tickets. I would go the safe option and book a 3-4 hours stopover. You will be glad in case of delays, and if you need to go landside and recheck it can take up a lot of time, especially if you fly US as they're in another terminal than LH.

The Minimum connecting time shown by the user above is never ever doable on a T1 to T2 nonschengen connection. The problem with ITA is that is shows the general MCT loaded by the airport in the GDS, but airlines are loading their own MCT, and they can considerably differ. And they would not apply to you if you travel on seperate tickets anyway.

If you have too much time, better spend some time in one of the numerous cafes and restaurants, T2 has very nice views to the airfiefd too. You will not get bored in FRA.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: