Reload this Page >

Minimum Connection Time FRA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Minimum Connection Time FRA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2020, 11:40 am

I had a flight EDI-FRA-ZRH. Scheduled arrival was 15:20, an departure fo the next flight was scheduled at 16:25.
The EDI-FRA flight left late, and touched down at 15:36. We then parked at a remote stand and were bussed top ASW, where we arrived at 16:05. I then followed the signs, and came to transfer security. (Why was this needed btw, as I believe UK airports are considered clean).
At security there was a monitor indicating which flights could use the fast lane, and so the fast lane I took. It was not very fast though, as I was stuck between a few people that need a lot of help properly distributing their stuff over several trays...
Then after security I was through passport control in no time. The e-gates used in FRA (and also in ZRH) are a lot quicker than the ones used in the UK. I walked briskly (but did not run) and got to my gate for the ZRH flight (A26) at 16:15 and could still board. And there were even a few that boarded after me (amongst them one of the gentlemen that held up the queue at security...).
So moral of the story: Do not waste time, follow the signs, and even a shortened connection can still work.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 2:49 am

Programs: LH M+M
From what I recall a Bus ride puts the pax always on unclean condition, thus security check
Old Feb 2, 2020, 5:35 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by KayVeeBee
I had a flight EDI-FRA-ZRH. Scheduled arrival was 15:20, an departure fo the next flight was scheduled at 16:25.
The EDI-FRA flight left late, and touched down at 15:36. We then parked at a remote stand and were bussed top ASW, where we arrived at 16:05. I then followed the signs, and came to transfer security. (Why was this needed btw, as I believe UK airports are considered clean).
At security there was a monitor indicating which flights could use the fast lane, and so the fast lane I took. It was not very fast though, as I was stuck between a few people that need a lot of help properly distributing their stuff over several trays...
Then after security I was through passport control in no time. The e-gates used in FRA (and also in ZRH) are a lot quicker than the ones used in the UK. I walked briskly (but did not run) and got to my gate for the ZRH flight (A26) at 16:15 and could still board. And there were even a few that boarded after me (amongst them one of the gentlemen that held up the queue at security...).
So moral of the story: Do not waste time, follow the signs, and even a shortened connection can still work.
Originally Posted by PAX_fips
From what I recall a Bus ride puts the pax always on unclean condition, thus security check
Connecting from a non-Schengen flight (e.g. EDI-FRA) is very different from Schengen to Schengen (e.g. CPH-FRA-CPH) connections. Arriving from EDI and departing to ZRH involves clearing passport control and although the UK is clean for security purposes bus arrivals from non-Schengen almost always put passengers in the terminal outside security.

For more info on connections in FRA check (especially the first post of) the following thread. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luft...kfurt-fra.html

BTW I find e-gates at MAN much quicker than those at FRA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.