Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

Dusseldorf - Flexible gates?

Old Jan 31, 2011, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

I'm wondering if DUS airport implements 'flexible gates', ie gates that can be in one or more concourse.

the reason that I ask is that there are a number of websites which claim that certain flights are flying into gate "D71" and "D73", etc. Gates 71 and 73, according to the official map, are both located in the "A" concourse, not the "D" concourse. Tell me, is this just an error or can these gates be located in both areas?
Old Jan 31, 2011, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
I would not know where to look for a D concourse in DUS. I remember there were two temporary terminals in the years after the fire, D and E. However, today I am only aware of A, B and C. The A concours is LH's and Star Alliance's world, B and C it the rest of the world. I take at least from the official website that certain gates must exist more than once. There appears to be eg. a gate A75 and a gate B75.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 1:59 am

Programs: BMI Gold, KL/AF Gold, IC Ambassador
I'm not sure, but I think these are new Bus Gates. The GAT in DUS is called "Modul D". And they built lot's of new parking positions for smaller planes in front of it last year. Pretty close to this new parking positions are the old parking positions, for example V73. So maybe they re-named the parking positions around the "Modul D" as D-Gates!? That would explane a D73 gate. Do you have an example for flights flying into these gates?
Old Feb 1, 2011, 2:01 am

If you are talking about those international gates (flights to the USA)? If those gates are in one section within a few meters of each other.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Excuse me, what I meant was gate B 73. different concourse, but the same issue of there being no Gate 73 in the B concourse. Parking positions is definitely a possibility.

some examples of flights flying into these positions:

Air France Flight 2407, January 26
Air Berlin Flight 8812, January 26

also, in concourse A, wikipedia says "Terminal A was opened in 1977 and has 16 gates (A01-A16)" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D%C3%BC...tional_Airport

but ifly says gates A70-A89 http://www.ifly.com/dusseldorf-DUS-a...DUS-Terminal-A

can anyone clear these mysteries up?

Last edited by mcblack1; Feb 1, 2011 at 1:33 pm
Old Feb 1, 2011, 1:32 pm

It should be a bus gate. The bus gates, stated as "V" gates on the attached map, might be "re-named" to the terminal a flight arrives. So if AF arrives and is parked on the position V73, this is stated as B73 because the arrival is in Terminal B. If an non-Schengen flight is parked there it would be C73. This should be the solution!?

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/3...gfullsmall.jpg

Last edited by farmer83; Feb 1, 2011 at 2:23 pm
Old Feb 1, 2011, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

picture link doesn't work, can you post a different link?

helpful info, thanks
Old Feb 1, 2011, 2:23 pm

I edited the link, should work now!
Old Feb 6, 2011, 5:41 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Are you sure those are really gates and not apron parking positions? The remote positions are prefixed VICTOR (with OS flights to GRZ or VIE usually standing on V24 or V25), as you can see here: http://www.edll-fir.de/fileadmin/use...DL_Parking.pdf.

Flights departing from one of the remote positions will usually be assigned Gate A81 or A83 (the ground level bus gates in concourse A), don't know about the bus gate numbers in other concourses. Upon arrival, there is only a single bus gate (on the other side of the terminal) per concourse, flights arriving there will be assigned a gate number in the lower 90s. There is no D concourse that I knew of.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 3:05 am

No, I'm not sure as I said above. It was just an possibility I saw.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 10:40 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
By the way... I now know for sure that the bus arrival gate in concourse A is signposted B91 (no typo, it's really B, although you enter the A concourse). After stepping out of the bus and into the building, you'll pass below a large back-lit sign stating "Gate B91". However, I don't really know what they'll display on the web or on the arrival screens.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.