Status Match paths to mLife status?

Old Mar 27, 19, 12:07 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Seattle
Programs: AAdvantage Plat+, FoundersCard, Amex Plat, TR Diamond, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Dia, HH Gold, Hertz 5*
Posts: 708
Status Match paths to mLife status?

Is there any route to mLife status other than:

(a) earning it
(b) Hyatt
(c) some Cruise companies
(d) going to Atlantic City (and does this actually work?)
?

Through FoundersCard & Amex Platinum I have decent status on most hotel chains except Hyatt, but I can't figure out a way in to mLife or Hyatt.
huge is offline  
Old Mar 27, 19, 2:17 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: JFK/LGA/EWR
Posts: 1,243
Originally Posted by huge View Post
Is there any route to mLife status other than:

(a) earning it
(b) Hyatt
(c) some Cruise companies
(d) going to Atlantic City (and does this actually work?)
?

Through FoundersCard & Amex Platinum I have decent status on most hotel chains except Hyatt, but I can't figure out a way in to mLife or Hyatt.
Get diamond with caesars rewards through founders card and status match to mlife gold. You might be able to status match to diamond from wyndham rewards and then to mlife but I don't know the specifics. You can get also mlife pearl from the mlife credit cards. You can get the hyatt credit card to get discoverist status which can then be matched ti mlife pearl.
sbjnyc is offline  
Old Mar 27, 19, 9:11 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: PHL, AVP, ABE
Programs: Marriott Plat, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Caesars Diam, mLife Gold
Posts: 258
MGM Resorts Status Match | StatusMatcher and MGM Resorts M life Report: Deny | StatusMatcher suggests that mLife Gold or higher cannot be obtained through a status match with Caesars, but YMMV -- I don't know about the lower levels.

You mentioned (b) Hyatt . . . do you mean getting status through stays or credit card spend? The new WoH credit card can get you Explorist for $62,500 in one calendar year -- then you can match to mLife Gold. I have the old Hyatt credit card (I don't think this is available anymore) which got Explorist through $50,000 spend in 12 months. https://thepointsguy.com/news/should...t-credit-card/, which you can then use to match to mLife Gold.

If you're looking to just "get in the door" with mLife, you can get the co-branded Mastercard, which gets you automatic Pearl status.
nottooshabby is offline  
Old Mar 28, 19, 6:40 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Michigan
Programs: DL PM
Posts: 768
For (d), it had better work because Borgata has it published on their website: https://www.theborgata.com/casino/m-...-gold-trade-up

Note that it only applies to new mlife members, so if you're already a member it won't work (and it only works once--can't be repeated multiple years.)
mudpuppy is offline  
Old Mar 28, 19, 7:35 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: JFK/LGA/EWR
Posts: 1,243
Originally Posted by mudpuppy View Post
For (d), it had better work because Borgata has it published on their website: https://www.theborgata.com/casino/m-...-gold-trade-up

Note that it only applies to new mlife members, so if you're already a member it won't work (and it only works once--can't be repeated multiple years.)
Neither are true. You don't need to be a new member to status match to gold. I was previously gold through the old Hyatt platinum tier (via their credit card) and later status matched to gold again via TR diamond status. And in a recent trip to Borgata that they status matched me to gold again from diamond - I had to show a current diamond card but as I hadn't gotten my new cards (and didn't feel like going to Harrahs to get one) I asked if they'd accept the status indicator from the app which they did. That surprised me as I thought the way you did - one status match ever so I asked them and they told me I can always request a status match as long as I have status elsewhere.
Harry Lyme likes this.
sbjnyc is offline  
Old Mar 31, 19, 9:31 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 139
Originally Posted by sbjnyc View Post
Neither are true. You don't need to be a new member to status match to gold. I was previously gold through the old Hyatt platinum tier (via their credit card) and later status matched to gold again via TR diamond status. And in a recent trip to Borgata that they status matched me to gold again from diamond - I had to show a current diamond card but as I hadn't gotten my new cards (and didn't feel like going to Harrahs to get one) I asked if they'd accept the status indicator from the app which they did. That surprised me as I thought the way you did - one status match ever so I asked them and they told me I can always request a status match as long as I have status elsewhere.
Correct. If you follow the "double asterisk" it states that the freeplay/room offer is only for new members. It then goes on to state "plus" and lists the standard Gold benefits. And with the Hyatt match, you just do it onlline.
Harry Lyme is offline  
Old Jun 3, 19, 1:00 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 38
Has anyone matched at MGM Springfield? They list a match on their website but don't provide any details.
AboutTreeFiddy is offline  
Old Jun 3, 19, 1:27 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: NYC / VA / LV
Programs: B6 Mosaic, WoH Explorist, IHG Gold, CET 7*, MLIFE Platinum
Posts: 181
Originally Posted by AboutTreeFiddy View Post
Has anyone matched at MGM Springfield? They list a match on their website but don't provide any details.
What details are you looking for? Most of the MLIFE local casinos offer and have pretty much the same match criteria. What tier status do you have and trying to match to? AFAIK, MLIFE is only matching competitors highest tiers to MLIFE Gold only. No Platinum match. Hope that helps.
easy_money is offline  
Old Jun 3, 19, 1:40 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 38
Originally Posted by easy_money View Post
What details are you looking for? Most of the MLIFE local casinos offer and have pretty much the same match criteria. What tier status do you have and trying to match to? AFAIK, MLIFE is only matching competitors highest tiers to MLIFE Gold only. No Platinum match. Hope that helps.
I would be matching from TR Diamond. And I just wanted to make sure that it works. Haven't seen any reports of people matching there. It seems everyone goes to Borgata.
AboutTreeFiddy is offline  
Old Jun 3, 19, 2:11 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: NYC / VA / LV
Programs: B6 Mosaic, WoH Explorist, IHG Gold, CET 7*, MLIFE Platinum
Posts: 181
Originally Posted by AboutTreeFiddy View Post
I would be matching from TR Diamond. And I just wanted to make sure that it works. Haven't seen any reports of people matching there. It seems everyone goes to Borgata.
I've seen data points from gaming forums that people have been able to match at Springfield.
easy_money is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread