MLife LV properties with suites

Old Aug 4, 18, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Amex Plat
MLife LV properties with suites

Hoping some of you can help. Looking to book a 1-bedroom suite (bringing teens) that has separate bedroom/living room. I'd consider a 2-bedroom, but I think I'll be priced out. I've only stayed at Bellagio and Grand and never in a suite. 1-bedroom suite at those two with Mlife discount is well within budget. (Related question: if I make the rez as gold but lose status in Sept will my June stay @ gold discount be compromised?)

Vdara suites look nice, but I think teens won't want to be that far from the strip.
Old Aug 4, 18, 4:45 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Vdara is the obvious answer and yes, your rate will be grandfathered, but in my experience far out rates are much likely to be higher than those closer to the arrival. Inventory in Las Vegas is highly dynamic and fluid and prices are constantly adjusted on the mLife website (which is the best place to book).

As for "being that far from The Strip," The Vdara is in a central location mid-Strip with the Aria across the street and the Cosmopolitan next door. Bellagio, Paris, and Caesar's are all within walking distance. You can take the monorail from either of these properties to other locations or do a bit of walking if you are up to it. I prefer the ease of being able to drive in and out of a property without having to deal with the traffic and congestion of The Strip.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Aug 4, 18 at 4:57 pm
Old Aug 4, 18, 5:40 pm

Programs: AA Life PLT, Amex Cent, WN A, WN CP, UA Plt, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Also look at Delano and mgm signature suites (one bedroom, not studio) Id be biased towards Vdara with teens since is a non gaming hotel but the others have better pools.

two bedroom rates at mandalay or delano can also be reasonable.
Old Aug 4, 18, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian View Post
Vdara is the obvious answer and yes, your rate will be grandfathered, but in my experience far out rates are much likely to be higher than those closer to the arrival. Inventory in Las Vegas is highly dynamic and fluid and prices are constantly adjusted on the mLife website (which is the best place to book).

As for "being that far from The Strip," The Vdara is in a central location mid-Strip with the Aria across the street and the Cosmopolitan next door. Bellagio, Paris, and Caesar's are all within walking distance. You can take the monorail from either of these properties to other locations or do a bit of walking if you are up to it. I prefer the ease of being able to drive in and out of a property without having to deal with the traffic and congestion of The Strip.
Hmmm. I've never been to the Vdara and reading online folks were whiny about the distance. I'll check again though. My teens will be 16 and 19 (not sure if that's better or worse). They aren't much for pools (don't even go in our own), but they do like to watch the action. Sigh. Just checked at Vdara is around $180 for 1-bedroom and $370 for the 2 bedroom (they aren't showing dates into June/July but that's average Sun-Thur in May). Your point about the drive in/out is a good one. I don't know what our plans will be once there, but it's good to know.

Originally Posted by AFAM-DFW View Post
Also look at Delano and mgm signature suites (one bedroom, not studio) I’d be biased towards Vdara with teens since is a non gaming hotel but the others have better pools.

two bedroom rates at mandalay or delano can also be reasonable.
Mandalay 2-bedroom was $280. That's better than Vdara by about $100. I'll check Delano. I need to check with Citi Prestige concierge to see if they will be able to book with my MLife # to be the rate (plus Citi 4th night free).

Thanks to you both!
Old Aug 4, 18, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, TR 7*, SPG/MR Plat, UA 1K
If you don't mind being a bit further north, I think Mirage would be worth checking out too.
Old Aug 6, 18, 9:26 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

If distance from the strip is important, then Delano/MB is out of the question.
Go to the lower end properties like Excal or Luxor - prices should be better.
Old Aug 6, 18, 1:15 pm

Programs: DL PM
I know your question was specifically for Mlife properties, but you might want to also look at the Hilton Grand Vacations properties as well, as they may have more options that suit a family. Looks like Elara isn't terribly priced for that time frame, and is connected right to the Miracle Mile shops.

The one bedroom at the HGVC Convention Center is only $95/day (plus resort fee) for some days in June... it's not on the strip, but is an easy monorail ride down. Or the one bedroom at HGVC Strip is about $100/night if your kids are into the amusement park stuff at Stratosphere and Circus Circus.
Old Aug 6, 18, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by izzik View Post
If distance from the strip is important, then Delano/MB is out of the question.
Go to the lower end properties like Excal or Luxor - prices should be better.
Ugh. I didn't realize MB was so far down. I was confusing Mirage with MB. Seems like Vdara is actually closer to strip than MB is. I think I'd rather end up doing a 1-bedroom rather than 2 and get closer in. So Vdara then is more in budget.
Old Aug 6, 18, 1:41 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
The basic map on this webpage may be of help: https://m.vegas.com/transportation/las-vegas-monorails/
Old Aug 6, 18, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA Life PLT, Amex Cent, WN A, WN CP, UA Plt, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
While not the question of the day, if the teens have an interest in cars, look at the Shelby car museum and factory. Also, hiking around red rock.

Vdara has no pool action to watch. While I have no personal knowledge, the MB has more pool activity to watch. MB also has the shark tank to view.

For traveling up and down the strip, you might look at a day pass on the Deuce bus that just does a loop up and down the strip.
Old Aug 7, 18, 2:42 pm

Programs: BA Meltdown Gold, OZ♦+ (flying BR/UA), WoH♦, HH♦. Gaming: Mlife Noir, TR7*
OP - be aware there are no rollaways at Vdara, if that will be a factor.

Also, I'm going to ask mods to move this to the Las Vegas forum.

Search this Thread