Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Gaming Loyalty Programs
Reload this Page >

Status Match between Caesars Total Rewards and Wyndham Rewards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status Match between Caesars Total Rewards and Wyndham Rewards

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2019, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by easy_money
General rule is that it's not allowed. Since you're not the one who booked it and not primary on it, the diamond waived resort fee shouldn't apply to your friend/room. No different than any other hotel program, or really any loyalty program. (ie; Hyatt, Discoverist booking room and Globalist is staying with them. Not going to receive Glob benefits.) Now, it doesn't mean the FD agent won't waive it if they see your name is added to the room. It's a hit or miss. That's why you received mixed answers. But I wouldn't expect it to be the norm if they happen to waive the resort fees. YMMV.

For future reference, the correct way to do it would be during the booking process. You can add a 2nd CR/TR number to the search to lower pricing or maybe get the room comp'd. This ensures your player number/benefits is tied to the reservation.

Side note: I believe you posted on VMB right? Think I saw your post there.
Yup, I did post there! Yeah I have to tell my friend my TR number. I noticed the companion window that Roasty mentioned below the other day when I was on the Caesar's site. I will tell my friend to add me if he can but he usually goes with his wife, so not sure if they cross-added each other and whether you can only add one friend or what. Yeah I didn't know if there was anything explicit, I had a feeling it was going to be a matter of how nice the FD person is going to be.

Roasty thanks for the screenshot!

Last edited by HIFlya; Dec 12, 2019 at 11:40 am
Old Dec 12, 2019, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by HIFlya
... I will tell my friend to add me if he can but he usually goes with his wife, so not sure if they cross-added each other and whether you can only add one friend or what. Yeah I didn't know if there was anything explicit, I had a feeling it was going to be a matter of how nice the FD person is going to be.

Roasty thanks for the screenshot!
It shouldn't matter. I've done that same booking method separately with my wife, brother-in-law, and a friend. I have to imagine Caesars is thrilled you're bringing different people. I'd speculate that it allows them to show the property to more people and also data mine for inter-personal relationships and whatnot.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by Roasty
It shouldn't matter. I've done that same booking method separately with my wife, brother-in-law, and a friend. I have to imagine Caesars is thrilled you're bringing different people. I'd speculate that it allows them to show the property to more people and also data mine for inter-personal relationships and whatnot.
Yeah, I am sure Caesars will win out. I mean I was going to stay at Hyatt Place on points (8K for a $250+/night weekend...how can that be beat?!) and probably gamble downtown but my friends are Caesars loyalists so waiving resort fees of $35/night will be made up for easily.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 9:10 pm

Programs: AS 75K
I've been a pretty loyal/frequent user of Caesars TR for the last 10 years or so. Gold/Platinum/Diamond status has no impact on room comps that I can tell. It's all gambling status. Multiple players in the same room seems to carry A LOT of weight. Additionally, Caesars Entertainment varies rates A LOT depending on demand and specific property. There's obviously a tier system of the lower and higher desirability properties but even a low one can be expensive at certain times (Rio during the World Series of Poker for example).

You can register two cards to get a certain rate but they warn you when booking that BOTH cards and holders (with driver's licenses) of said cards must be present at check-in. This is kind of a coin toss. I've had to go to the rewards desk to get a card for myself of my wife if we forgot it, and I've sailed right through with neither card. I've also been re-rated at time of check-in because my wife wasn't with me and I was bluffing to get a room rate. My experience has been that the lower the property and the less busy time of year they are more likely to let you slide but it could just be a fluke.

One last note - the website will only show you lower end rooms. If you want a suite or higher call and talk to a live person. I just made reservations for a suite at Flamingo for a few days after New Year's and got a totally comped suite. Website would only show standard room comped.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 7:25 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by mtofell
One last note - the website will only show you lower end rooms. If you want a suite or higher call and talk to a live person. I just made reservations for a suite at Flamingo for a few days after New Year's and got a totally comped suite. Website would only show standard room comped.
I've always wondered about this. At the lower demand times, the suites drop off the room listings, which I assumed meant they would be available for upgrade when checking in, but you were able to reserve one at booking? Do you mind sharing what type of suite it was, and how you went about asking the reservation agent for it? And did you combine two Caesars accounts to get it?
Old Dec 17, 2019, 9:00 am

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by mudpuppy
I've always wondered about this. At the lower demand times, the suites drop off the room listings, which I assumed meant they would be available for upgrade when checking in, but you were able to reserve one at booking? Do you mind sharing what type of suite it was, and how you went about asking the reservation agent for it? And did you combine two Caesars accounts to get it?
Yeah, I called and they asked for my TR# as well a my wife's. I knew from searching online that I could get pretty much any basic two room at their properties as a comp. As an aside, I often use their offerings to gauge the overall volume and my chances. For example, this trip is for early January of 2020 which is a very dead time in Vegas. I was even getting comp offers for Ceasar's Palace (basic room) which is usually one of the expensive ones.

So, I just called the number for The Flamingo and asked about suites and higher rooms than are showing online. They got me into a "Studio King Suite" which is a couple hundred square feet bigger (550-600 I think) and has a living room of sorts (but no closing door to the bedroom from the pics). I may have even been able to get something bigger or called other properties but I was pretty happy with what I got.

My understanding of the hierarchy at Caesars is:

Cromwell & Hotel Nobu
Caesars Palace
Ballys-Flamingo-Paris-Planet Hollywood
Harrahs - Linq
Rio

I've never seen total comps for Cromwell/Nobu - Rarely for Caesars, about 50/50 for Ballys, etc., and often for Harrahs, Linq and Rio. Again, it varies greatly depending on the time of year or events in Vegas at the time.

Of course, this mostly all the result of how much gambling you do while there.

I recently got Diamond status with the FoundersCard so the no resort fee thing is HUGE. I used miles to book flights, will get my Diamond $100 dining credit and get free food at the airports with the Priority Pass (Chase CC). So, basically a free trip from start to finish.... other than gambling, of course.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 11:09 am

I'm a low diamond. While I never saw a comp for Nobu available before, I see I can get it in Jan-Feb. I was comped at Caesars in the summer and now during xmas and while I never stayed at cromwell I can get comped there as well. Of course I rarely get comps in AC which is local to me. I don't get suites but occasionally get upgraded to nicer towers. I called up PH the other day and was offered a nicer room but not a suite. I don't really need a large room but it would be nice to have a hot tub.

In any event I'm not sure what differentiates Nobu or Cromwell from Caesars (and PH), which is usually my baseline.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 7:07 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by mtofell
Yeah, I called and they asked for my TR# as well a my wife's. I knew from searching online that I could get pretty much any basic two room at their properties as a comp. As an aside, I often use their offerings to gauge the overall volume and my chances. For example, this trip is for early January of 2020 which is a very dead time in Vegas. I was even getting comp offers for Ceasar's Palace (basic room) which is usually one of the expensive ones.

So, I just called the number for The Flamingo and asked about suites and higher rooms than are showing online. They got me into a "Studio King Suite" which is a couple hundred square feet bigger (550-600 I think) and has a living room of sorts (but no closing door to the bedroom from the pics). I may have even been able to get something bigger or called other properties but I was pretty happy with what I got.
Thanks for the insight, I'll keep this in mind next time I see the higher-level suites blanked out. I'm a fan of staying just after New Years as well because the rates and upgrade opportunities are great. The weekend before Thanksgiving can be a good one as well--we stayed in a Jubilee Premium suite at Bally's Sun-Tues before Thanksgiving this year for $105/night.

Originally Posted by sbjnyc
I'm a low diamond. While I never saw a comp for Nobu available before, I see I can get it in Jan-Feb. I was comped at Caesars in the summer and now during xmas and while I never stayed at cromwell I can get comped there as well. Of course I rarely get comps in AC which is local to me. I don't get suites but occasionally get upgraded to nicer towers. I called up PH the other day and was offered a nicer room but not a suite. I don't really need a large room but it would be nice to have a hot tub.

In any event I'm not sure what differentiates Nobu or Cromwell from Caesars (and PH), which is usually my baseline.
I got a comp at Cromwell once. The hotel is nice and I think the main distinction is the level or service vs. the larger resorts. It's valet-only parking and the valet/doormen remembered our names each time we returned, it had nightly turndown service, etc. I really liked the room style/decor. The main downsides were the rooms are quite small, the windows are tiny so even if you have a fountain view room it's very difficult to see out, and the room was very noisy with sirens on Flamingo all night. Overall I enjoyed it, but my wife likes to have a tub so we probably won't be back unless we really splurge on a Cromwell suite.

Haven't tried Nobu yet, but I have some Wyndham points expiring so I might have to use those on a night there.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 6:18 am

Programs: alaska
did you call ceasar and have them do the match?
Old Dec 19, 2019, 12:09 pm

Programs: Caesars-Diamond Hilton-Diamond IHG-Plat MGM-Gold Wyndham-Diamond Hertz-PresCircle National-Exec
Originally Posted by wolfmiles
did you call ceasar and have them do the match?
As has been mentioned here (and elsewhere), status matching can only be done online!
Old Dec 19, 2019, 12:53 pm

Programs: alaska
jgztrav1, i was commenting in regards to this quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy_money
Yes, not just at AC, but at all CET properties. Be advised though, your status would expire January 31st, 2020 (snip!)
FWIW - I matched (online) in December of 2018 and the rep just went ahead and put it all the way through 2019 as a courtesy. It might be worth asking for that since it saves everyone effort.

Which rep did he talk to? On the phone or at ceasars? I am going to stay at ceasars on Dec 28th and just did my wyndham match, I would like to get TR for all of 2020 so I don't have to do this twice.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 3:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I matched from Wyndham to Caesars about a month ago. New to this. Caesars says expiring Jan 31, 2020. Will I have to re-match after that?
Old Jan 7, 2020, 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I matched from Wyndham to Caesars about a month ago. New to this. Caesars says expiring Jan 31, 2020. Will I have to re-match after that?
Now that it is 2020, try matching again. I think you will extend your status to Jan 2021.
Stgermainparis likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 6:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
Now that it is 2020, try matching again. I think you will extend your status to Jan 2021.
I tried tonight and got this (couldn't go any further): "We are sorry, DIAMOND members can not attain a higher tier using the Wyndham Rewards Match Program. If you believe you received this message in error, please try again or visit the nearest Caesars Rewards Center."

And my Wyndham match will expire 2/2. I have 2 days to re-up, assuming Caesar's does indeed expire on 1/31.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 11:24 am

I just wanted to let you guys know, I just got back from my trip to Vegas with my friends and everything worked out. My friend and his wife got two rooms using their separate accounts when they arrived Friday. The rest of us got in on Saturday morning. I went down with my friend to add my name to the reservation on one of the rooms and I presented my newly minted Diamond Card. We inquired about waiving the resort fee and the clerk checked with the manager, and got the OK. I guess they already had charged the resort fee for Friday night, so credited that, and the remaining nights did not have any resort fee pop up on the bill.

Used the $100 at Bacchanal with my friends to reduce the overall bill. Thanks for anyone who provided input about this, the trip was fun, and due to our combined basketball acumen (and the NBA not playing defense overall) I think I broke even for the trip overall (except for meals).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.