FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming Loyalty Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/gaming-loyalty-programs-651/)
-   -   Caesars (Total Rewards) Diamond Status from FoundersCard (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/gaming-loyalty-programs/1582880-caesars-total-rewards-diamond-status-founderscard.html)

jackwad23 Jan 24, 2017 1:52 pm

Sorry I read from reviews it's a pain to cancel even though I will. I was told though I wasn't getting a refund. It's a shame to register and apply for the benefit, never get it, than plan changes.

jackwad23 Jan 24, 2017 2:11 pm

Ironically used my TR Visa. Lol

skyscanner Jan 24, 2017 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by jackwad23 (Post 27811855)
Pretty much was told it's hard enough to cancel let alone get a refund. They said I shouldn't have registered for just 1 perk because they change. However, I did register prior to the benefits changing and never got the upgrade.

Haha, next they will offer us discounts with Ajiru Cafe in Okinawa, Japan and still say "too bad, benefits change" ?

skyscanner Jan 24, 2017 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by jackwad23 (Post 27811967)
Ironically used my TR Visa. Lol

Comenity Bank will help you, they will understand your point of view even better!

Originally Posted by jackwad23 (Post 27811869)
Sorry I read from reviews it's a pain to cancel even though I will. I was told though I wasn't getting a refund. It's a shame to register and apply for the benefit, never get it, than plan changes.

Can you publish their e-mail here? Before you join, they're all milk and honey with you. People should see their other face as well.

irishjames23 Jan 24, 2017 2:48 pm

Any word yet on the new deal. I would like to see lounge access and no resort fees stay.
I can go without the $100 voucher.
The voucher is really the only thing that has a real cost to them. Everything else cost them little to nothing to provide but will keep me coming back to their properties. If this all goes away so will I. Which would result in them losing my room, food, and small gambling revenue.

caltrinity Jan 24, 2017 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by pwd847 (Post 27811385)
Bogus. They are probably gonna give us free VIP access which I already have as a result of my TR Visa CC spend.

Free VIP access?

• VIP Line Access at participating restaurants
• VIP Line check-in
• VIP Line for taxis and entertainment venues
• Preferred entry into participating Las Vegas nightclubs
• Pool access at all Las Vegas properties

Can you bring a guest to the pool, nightclubs? Or is it only for yourself?

Some more info here: https://totalrewards.custhelp.com/ap...ip-access-pass

KKB Jan 24, 2017 4:20 pm

Just for clarification--if I bought last March (2 years), TR year ends Jan. 31 so if they do NOT do diamond, then it will not renew this year?
Rats

Harry Lyme Jan 25, 2017 7:50 am

Originally Posted by KKB (Post 27812561)
Just for clarification--if I bought last March (2 years), TR year ends Jan. 31 so if they do NOT do diamond, then it will not renew this year?
Rats

Yup. I got in October. Only thing I think would annoy me is if they do a discount arrangement like they have with Cosmo and Mandarin. Even if they don't do Diamond, if they throw in a line pass with no resort fees, I would be fine with it. I'd miss the premium drinks when I play the slots, tho, haha. Oh, and the Diamond level parking at the local on Friday and Saturday nights!

pwd847 Jan 25, 2017 2:18 pm

I would be pretty impressed if they gave us waived resort fees.

james400 Jan 25, 2017 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by pwd847 (Post 27817117)
I would be pretty impressed if they gave us waived resort fees.

Does anyone know if the Free VIP access was equal to the Diamond card as far as check in and valet parking. The only Diamond card perks I really used was the Diamond check in and the Diamond valet (last time I checked into Caesars the valet was full, my Diamond card got me parked. We stopped in the Diamond lounge at a couple of places, meh. We're not big drinkers, and the food was so-so, not really concerned I can't go in again.

The dinner was ok, but it's $100 off a severely overpriced meal and the resort fees suck, but as long as the room is comped, I can live with it.

So who has used the VIP access card in Vegas and what did it get you?

pwd847 Jan 25, 2017 3:56 pm

It gets you everything that is listed on the TR Visa website. When I got my card, I asked if it only gets me in to the pool or if it gets my whole party. I was told my whole party, but to be honest, I won't beleive that until I experience it myself. I have never used the VIP card to get into a pool.

james400 Jan 25, 2017 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by pwd847 (Post 27817577)
It gets you everything that is listed on the TR Visa website. When I got my card, I asked if it only gets me in to the pool or if it gets my whole party. I was told my whole party, but to be honest, I won't beleive that until I experience it myself. I have never used the VIP card to get into a pool.

I guess the question is, does the VIP card equal the Diamond card with the exception of lounges and resort fees?

caltrinity Jan 25, 2017 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by pwd847 (Post 27817577)

1) Can you post a pic of the VIP card? you can blur out any sensitive info.
2) Do caesars employees even know about VIP card? Have you ever had any resistance using it?

james400 Jan 25, 2017 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by caltrinity (Post 27817899)
2) Do caesars employees even know about VIP card? Have you ever had any resistance using it?

https://www.totalrewards.com/content..._VIPaccess.pngHere's what the card looks like. I never had a chance to use it. Never had big enough crowds to worry about or my platinum card got me to the head of the line.

james400 Jan 25, 2017 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by caltrinity (Post 27817899)

Did some digging and found this on the TR website:

Total Rewards members, who are also Total Rewards Visa cardholders, have the ability to earn VIP Access in Las Vegas. Once a Total Rewards Visa cardholder has spent the required $10,000 (within the current calendar year), they qualify for the VIP Access card and not Diamond Status. It can take up to 90 days for the postcard to be mailed.

The VIP Access card allows members to enjoy some of the benefits that Diamond members enjoy, including VIP line access to restaurants, hotel check-in, taxi lines, entertainment venues, nightclubs and pool access at all Las Vegas Total Rewards resorts. Once qualified, customers will receive a letter in the mail which they will present at the Total Rewards Center at Planet Hollywood, Caesars Palace or The Cromwell to receive their pass.

The VIP Access pass will only be issued to the primary TR Visa cardholder. This pass will be good for 1 year from the date of issuance.

The VIP Access Pass is not connected to the Total Reward Account. Guests cannot earn or redeem Reward Credits by using the VIP Access Pass or use it for gaming.