Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Frontier Airlines | Frontier Miles Program
Reload this Page >

Frontier's website functionality is getting worse

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2024, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I'm flying tomorrow and noticed that one of my travelling companion's KTN disappeared. This is an occasional Frontier IT problem that I've been able to fix by signing into my account, going to the "add KTN" tab and resubmitting it. But this time, when I went to do this, the system wouldn't let me because it couldn't recognize MY frequent flyer number and wouldn't get passed this prompt.

I used Chat and the agent was able to add the KTN and the reservation displayed after I logged into my account on the app. I then checked in without incident.

Bizarre stuff, but just another day interacting with Frontier's IT.
pretzlaff likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 10:17 am

Programs: NEXUS, MileagePlus Silver, Frontier Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by iahphx
I'm flying tomorrow and noticed that one of my travelling companion's KTN disappeared. This is an occasional Frontier IT problem that I've been able to fix by signing into my account, going to the "add KTN" tab and resubmitting it. But this time, when I went to do this, the system wouldn't let me because it couldn't recognize MY frequent flyer number and wouldn't get passed this prompt.

I used Chat and the agent was able to add the KTN and the reservation displayed after I logged into my account on the app. I then checked in without incident.

Bizarre stuff, but just another day interacting with Frontier's IT.
Happens to me quite a bit. If you have your number in, your companion should get Precheck as well. It won't show on the boarding pass in the app, but if you have a mobile link emailed to you, it'll show in a web browser on your phone.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by trmbn65
Happens to me quite a bit. If you have your number in, your companion should get Precheck as well. It won't show on the boarding pass in the app, but if you have a mobile link emailed to you, it'll show in a web browser on your phone.
I don't know. A year or so ago, my companion's KTN got deleted. I added it again at check-in on the web (with a printed boarding pass) and it didn't display precheck.
I solved that problem the next time by first reviewing my reservation, going to add KTN, re-typed the number, hit save changes, and it stuck.
Just bizarre stuff all the time with Frontier IT.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 5:50 am

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
Funny. Just the opposite for me. Flying today, so I checked our reservation 3 days ago. My wife's ktn had dropped off, so I saved it back on.

Check in yesterday, and it is gone again. So, I add it at check in and it sticks. But still, hardly 'real' airline level IT.
iahphx likes this.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 2:32 pm

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
My KTN almost always disappears when I go to check-in. I always add it in again so have never checked to see if it would give me pre check not adding it back in.

As I've said in other threads, I've encountered
Many problems with their website. I had problems booking when I try to add secondary contacts. Also, every time it has "use address on fuel" or the equivalent when I book online, it never populated the address and I have to add it in manually even with it checked.

It sucks when I have to enter the info for multiple travelers again so I no longer add contacts or do anything else in that page just in Case it messes up.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Does anyone know what it would cost Frontier to run a "professional" website? I know airlines have a TON of data to manage and such, but I have to believe running a normal website would boost revenue more than the additional expense. Unless qualified personnel to get this job done are scarce.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 5:53 pm

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
You would think that some airline someplace sells their software to small airlines so that the wheel does not have to be re-invented every time. Change the theme and logos and colors, and you are up and running.
iahphx likes this.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pretzlaff
You would think that some airline someplace sells their software to small airlines so that the wheel does not have to be re-invented every time. Change the theme and logos and colors, and you are up and running.
You're probably right. Last month, I flew on South African Airways, which is a tiny shell of its former self after losing billions of dollars and going bankrupt (largely due to political mismanagement). I think they now operate about 10 aircraft. Despite this, they have a fully functional website and IT department that was able to seemlessly store my reservation, check me in, recognize my partner loyalty status and provide me with frequent flyer credit. I have to beleve Frontier could also do this.
MnM24 likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 9:27 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
My random F9 website experience today was....

booked my wife a same-day award ticket. She's Diamond Elite. Miles came from her account. It recognized her status, and gave her The Works for free.

But then I went to select seats, and the website wanted to charge the regular prices for every seat, including exits and first 3 rows. Never seen that before.

I chatted an agent, and he was able to put her in the exit row.
iahphx likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
I had both problems mentioned here on a trip last week and was not a happy camper. On the outbound it didn't give me the PreCheck on the boarding pass and I didn't notice until getting in the PreCheck line. Even though in ATL they only need driver's licenses it still wouldn't work. I got an unusually very helpful TSA person who walked me to the front of the regular line (major kudos to him), which likely made the difference between catching and missing the flight. Very irritated at Frontier for the unexpected problem, though.

On the way back (and a different locator number, as I'd booked it as two one-ways) the PreCheck appeared, but I was within the 24-hour window and even when logged into my account it wasn't doing the seating options properly, treating me as a regular customer (not a Gold elite) and wanting to charge not only for stretch seats or exit row, but to switch to any other seat. So I didn't go through with it and kept trying again until it finally worked as it should with about 10 hours to go. But since it was a trans-con there wasn't too much to choose from by the time it worked. Though I did notice that the seats I was trying to get stayed unclaimed for the first few tries, so maybe the problem was affecting everyone. Not that that's much consolation.

They definitely need to get both problems fixed, though.

The outbound one-way was a paid ticket and the return an award ticket. Still no miles at all posted for the paid ticket 6 days later. Though that's minor compared to the other problems.

The return was a connecting flight that was late and wouldn't have connected, and they were able to catch it on time to put me on a non-stop instead (resulting in a concourse-to-concourse dash). So at least that part worked.
iahphx likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 9:15 am

It is getting shockingly bad. I tried to check in for a flight that I changed the return date for and already paid the extra fee. I bring up the reservation and it says 0 due. But when I go to do the check in it says I can't proceed until the amount due is paid. So I try it on the app and it says the network is down. This is just getting insane, I can't get a boarding pass on a reservation I have no changes to make to. Am I going to have to get one from the kiosk tomorrow? Even worse, will I have to stand in line to get it fixed by an agent?
Old Mar 18, 2024, 12:25 pm

I like how to simply print out a reservation... First, I have to bring up the reservation number on my ipad. Then with the ipad next to my desktop, I copy over the reservation number, then I can print out the reservation.

App won't let you see the whole reservation/ print it. And the website can't find my reservations.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 8:36 am

It just keeps getting better...

Checked in today for an MCO-IAH flight tomorrow. First went to the reservation to check if the KTNs fell off. Mine was gone. So I added it back. My wife's Frequent Flyer number was gone, but no way to add it back. The field was greyed out.

So I check in. I do not have TSA Precheck. My wife does not have elite on her boarding pass.

Go back in to add them again. Error message that I can't add a KTN after check in. They said I should call TSA. LOL.

So, now I get to go to the airport an extra hour early and stand in the regular TSA line with 3000 families on a Disney vacation.
iahphx likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 4:48 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
And today I can't check in for my flight (international, if that matters). My guess is that it has something to do with the "UpFront Plus" seat selection option because it takes me to the seat selection screen, but then the continue button just spins. If I press exit, I end up back where I just put in my passport information (which is now blank, natch).

Help, I'm stuck in a loop.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 5:38 pm

Thankfully my issue cleared up the night before when the app was available again. Didn't lose my KTN or Elite status. Every seat in the first 3 rows was filled and they offered me a chance to move around for free at check in. I kept my 3rd row. So not on the empty middle seat plan yet. Funny enough, lots of middle seats open in rows 4-10.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.