Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bag Check Line at MCO (Holy Crap!)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2023, 6:41 am
Original Poster

Bag Check Line at MCO (Holy Crap!)

Holy crap, the line to check bags at the Frontier counter in Orlando at 5:30am this morning was unbelievable!

Spilling out beyond the normal queue, the line snaked around the corner and then all the way through the food court and almost to the other end of the airport. It was probably 300 people - about half of them families with young children. What a great way to start off a long travel day LOL.

I am SOOO glad that I am able to travel with just a carry-on rollerbag!
Venezuela-Miami and jjbiv like this.
Old Dec 31, 2023, 10:13 am

Programs: AY+ Platsku, CM Silver, Frontier Elite 100K, Marriott Gold and LT Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador.
Originally Posted by EugeneK
Holy crap, the line to check bags at the Frontier counter in Orlando at 5:30am this morning was unbelievable!

Spilling out beyond the normal queue, the line snaked around the corner and then all the way through the food court and almost to the other end of the airport. It was probably 300 people - about half of them families with young children. What a great way to start off a long travel day LOL.

I am SOOO glad that I am able to travel with just a carry-on rollerbag!
You forgot to post the picture
And I always thought that historically the 24th and 31st were 'light' travel days!

I remember that in my heavy travel addiction days I traveled for 2 years in a row both on 24th and 31st because they were the cheapest day to travel (international flights).

Happy New Year for all!
EugeneK likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2023, 10:30 am
Original Poster

> And I always thought that historically the 24th and 31st were 'light' travel days!

I was at the airport all morning, and yes, everything else appears to be light, with short lines for security at A and B (don't know about C).

Don't know why the Frontier bag-check line was bonkers so early this morning. The Frontier rep directing people and answering questions said she had never seen it that bad before.
Old Dec 31, 2023, 1:17 pm

Despite charging handsomely for checking bags, Frontier bag drops at hubs appear to be chronically understaffed.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 6:23 am

You paid to check a 40# bag, not 41#. Credit card please. Of course. Step aside. Rearrange your stuff then get on the end of the line.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 7:42 am

Let’s be realistic, it’s a holiday and you can’t expect every check in agent getting 15 bucks an hour to show up!
lewisc and EugeneK like this.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 9:19 am

Programs: Frontier (50k), Southwest, Wyndham (Diamond), Hyatt (Discoverist), National (Executive), Amex (Plat)
The MCO line is always insane, though not to that extent. I almost missed my flight to Guadalajara last year on a random Saturday in May because I showed up almost three hours early and the bag drop line (which extended only about 100' past the normal "cattle herders") took more than two hours. If that line took two hours and barely went outside the normal queue, I can only imagine how long those poor folks you saw were waiting.

On a side note, WESH reported that MCO was expecting about 174,000 passengers on Dec. 31. It's not record-breaking or anything, but that's still a pretty heavy load for any airport.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jeff767
Lets be realistic, its a holiday and you cant expect every check in agent getting 15 bucks an hour to show up!
Someone who worked at the airport thought it was due to a staff shortage. If that's true, then that line must have been pretty damned slow.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 2:05 pm

I flew out on the 23rd and it was horribly long then as well. Snaked down the hall and a big turn and then more of a line. I was checking a bag due to a Christmas gift inside (Bay Rum aftershave, my son in laws favorite). I went through my normal TSA Pre line and of course they spotted it and I just took it out and handed it over. I would have missed my flight if I hadn't...and I was there 2.5 hours early
EugeneK likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.