Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking through OTA - 100K elite benefits?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2022, 7:32 pm
Original Poster

Booking through OTA - 100K elite benefits?

I'm trying to book a flight DTW-STL. There are no options given on frontier.com but multiple OTAs (Priceline and Expedia among a dozen) come up with DTW-LAS-STL with an 8hr overnight layover in LAS for $90. Booking 2 separate tickets on frontier.com would cost $130.
If I book on an OTA will I be able to go to the Frontier website and add on the complimentary The Works bundle being a 100K? Will I be able to check my luggage through to STL from DTW with the 8hr overnight layover so I can hit the town in Vegas?
Old Oct 15, 2022, 9:54 pm

Programs: AY+ Platsku, CM Silver, Frontier Elite 100K, Marriott Gold and LT Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador.
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
I'm trying to book a flight DTW-STL. There are no options given on frontier.com but multiple OTAs (Priceline and Expedia among a dozen) come up with DTW-LAS-STL with an 8hr overnight layover in LAS for $90. Booking 2 separate tickets on frontier.com would cost $130.
If I book on an OTA will I be able to go to the Frontier website and add on the complimentary The Works bundle being a 100K? Will I be able to check my luggage through to STL from DTW with the 8hr overnight layover so I can hit the town in Vegas?
Just checked to see if frontier.com has a multi-city option to replicate the OTAs offering (never looked before) and sadly they don't.
I'm almost certain you won't be able to enjoy the 100K benefits because it has to be added as bundle while buying.

For the luggage question, the option offered by the OTAs seems certainly like a single ticket, so in theory that connection being less than industry standard 11-12 hours cut-off will get you bag through STL
Old Oct 16, 2022, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Venezuela-Miami
Just checked to see if frontier.com has a multi-city option to replicate the OTAs offering (never looked before) and sadly they don't.
I'm almost certain you won't be able to enjoy the 100K benefits because it has to be added as bundle while buying.

For the luggage question, the option offered by the OTAs seems certainly like a single ticket, so in theory that connection being less than industry standard 11-12 hours cut-off will get you bag through STL
Thanks

When I check-in as a 100K do I get a seat up front if available and free luggage allowance even if I haven't requested it at time of booking?
Old Oct 16, 2022, 10:29 am

Programs: AY+ Platsku, CM Silver, Frontier Elite 100K, Marriott Gold and LT Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador.
When I check-in as a 100K do I get a seat up front if available and free luggage allowance even if I haven't requested it at time of booking?
This is a great question and I hope someone else can chime in.
Ever since I have 100K status I always buy my tickets directly at Frontier's web page.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
If the OTA is reliable and would provide you an airline PNR which works on Flyfrontier.com; yes, you should be able to use your benefits.
However, if the OTA would sell a bulk fare and would only provide a confirmation number which wouldn't work on Flyfrontier.com; then you are out of luck until check-in and hope that the check-in agent knows that you are 100k status but they might still ask for the $10-20 agent fee.

My suggestion would be to book it from a reputable OTA that allows a 24 hour cancellation, test it and report back. If it doesn't work, go ahead and cancel the reservation.
Venezuela-Miami likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by 3544quebec
i wouldn't buy from OTAs... why not making time & effort to buy at the airport counter? will be less than $90 & could link ur status to add the Works afterwards
Old Oct 17, 2022, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by danhouston
i wouldn't buy from OTAs... why not making time & effort to buy at the airport counter? will be less than $90 & could link ur status to add the Works afterwards
If the website doesn't show the routing, they likely won't see it at the airport either. You would need to buy two seperate tickets to make this trip. You would save some money purchasing the tickets at the airport.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 10:17 am

The Works is only available at initial booking on flyfrontier.com, so you likely would not get it when booking through the OTA. Not sure if you would then still get the free bags and seats after the fact.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by lidosjawn
The Works is only available at initial booking on flyfrontier.com, so you likely would not get it when booking through the OTA. Not sure if you would then still get the free bags and seats after the fact.
the Works can too be added with tkt purch at airport; may need a phone agent to apply the benefits if not done automatically

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.