Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Frontier Airlines | Frontier Miles Program
Reload this Page >

Frontier Offering Status Matches Though You Have to Pay for Them

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Frontier Offering Status Matches Though You Have to Pay for Them

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2021, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by lidosjawn
It came across as an other online travel charge and was not coded Frontier for the credit.
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
I think it is done through a third party, name of "statusmatch.com" or something like that... so it might not code as an airline charge.

-J.
yeah, overlooked the part that is processed by status match / 3rd party co.; any rate, likely pass as I'll have WN's companion for next yr
Old Dec 2, 2021, 2:22 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by alchemista
I'm trying to decide on a strategy, since I cannot do this again (the website immediately stops you btw as soon as you enter your F9 #). I have a family member that could be the 100K person for 2022.
I'm not advocating this as I don't know all the status match small print, but it is unbelievably easy to generate a new Frontier FF account, as I am now on my 4th account number since 2003. About a decade ago I signed up for their weekly emails but accidentally used a different email address. BAM, new account number generated. Then several years ago I decided to purchase Discount Den without logging into my account first and BAM, another new account number was generated. When I called to sort it out, they said since I didn't have any points/mile balance in the old account I should just start over with the new number.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 2:59 pm

I did this today with my SW CP that expires at the end of this month. Application was approved quickly, but status isn't showing up on F9 website yet. Anyone else?

Also, I had previously booked "the works" trip for February. I doubt I will get the bundle cost back, I thought about cancelling and rebooking, but the flight is sold out, so I don't want to do that.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 4:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Sonesta Elite, IHG Platinum, Frontier 100K
Applied yesterday, and after watching my account closely all day, elite 100K matched from Globalist has posted and I was able to purchase Discount Den for $0
italdesign and mdurette like this.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by mdurette
I did this today with my SW CP that expires at the end of this month. Application was approved quickly, but status isn't showing up on F9 website yet. Anyone else?

Also, I had previously booked "the works" trip for February. I doubt I will get the bundle cost back, I thought about cancelling and rebooking, but the flight is sold out, so I don't want to do that.
I applied yesterday and was approved very quickly thereafter. Got email to rate status match experience this morning. New status showed up on Frontier in the afternoon.
mdurette likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 6:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
Potential Status Match Opportunity

This question is for anyone who took part in this promotion last year and got 100k or who was recently approved for this year's status match, where you able to successfully parlay your status to either Alaska or Delta?

I know Alaska asks for activity and Delta doesn’t list Frontier as an approved airline, but you can email them your status from other airlines not listed. I remember listening to a Frequentmiler on the air episode where Nick and Greg mentioned they were gifted F9 status and the way Frontier awarded the status showing 100k worth of flying led Delta to believe that the miles were earned via butt in seat flying.

Can anyone confirm how F9 posts your flight activity via the match!? This could be a game changer for me and for others if they post the activity in away that leads other airlines (i.e. Alaska and Delta) to believe you actually flew butt in seat miles.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by Travelfitforaking
This question is for anyone who took part in this promotion last year and got 100k or who was recently approved for this year's status match, where you able to successfully parlay your status to either Alaska or Delta?
I too would very much like to know, especially for Delta. The Gold Medallion status challenge seems doable without too much extra effort and could be very lucrative.

-J.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 10:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
I too would very much like to know, especially for Delta. The Gold Medallion status challenge seems doable without too much extra effort and could be very lucrative.

-J.
Do you currently have status with another airline? If so, with who?

I wish I signed up for Delta’s status boost promotion earlier this year. I only have AA Gold!
Old Dec 2, 2021, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Do you currently have status with another airline? If so, with who?

I wish I signed up for Delta’s status boost promotion earlier this year. I only have AA Gold!
I have status with several companies, incuding AS MVP but also higher-level statuses with hotels, which would qualify me into F9 50K.

-J.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lidosjawn
In the past, I have had my status update mid-trip and gained access to the updated benefits. Frontier's terms and conditions do state benefits are at the time of booking but it does appear at times they do let you apply the benefits retroactively.
Any workaround to this strange rule? I've never heard of an airline not giving you the status you have on your day of travel. Of course, Frontier is a weird airline so maybe they didn't think this through. What's odd is that when I go to my existing reservation (made before my status match) it tells me "The Bundle" is free because of my status, but then it wants to charge me.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Another status question as a 100K. Let's say I buy a ticket for myself and my wife. As a 100K, my wife and I each get "the Bundle" for free. That supposedly makes our tickets refundable, right? So if later I want to cancel, we can BOTH get a refund on our tickets?

I do see Frontier makes it a bit of a hassle to get a refund with this form. Let's say I'd rather not go through the hassle and just take a credit for a future flight. That credit is automatic, right? I can LATER ask for the refund if prefer? And if I take the credit, let's say my new ticket is less than my credit (like I rebook for $10 less). Do I lose the balance of my credit if I don't use it up in one transaction (which, obviously, would encourage me to take refunds and not credits). Also, can I use more than 1 credit on a new ticket purchase?

Thanks for the help. I'm operating on the assumption that Frontier will try to give me the least benefit possible with every transaction., and am trying to avoid unpleasant surprises as I learn their rules.

https://flyfrontier.custhelp.com/app/refund_request
Old Dec 3, 2021, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by delpiero223
Unfortunately, the match isn't available for those who already matched in 2020.

Don't know whether it's possible to just open a new Frontier account. But you're most likely only allowed to have one.
Thanks for confirming. Was hoping to match again but alas.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 3:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I remember listening to a Frequentmiler on the air episode where Nick and Greg mentioned they were gifted F9 status and the way Frontier awarded the status showing 100k worth of flying led Delta to believe that the miles were earned via butt in seat flying.

Can anyone confirm how F9 posts your flight activity via the match!? This could be a game changer for me and for others if they post the activity in away that leads other airlines (i.e. Alaska and Delta) to believe you actually flew butt in seat miles.
Account just reflected the 100k match today, so not sure if something else will post, but right now I'm not seeing any new activity listed than what I previously had with Frontier.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 3:47 pm

I had an existing reservation (no status), and then got my 50k Elite match yesterday. Still couldn't select Stretch seats online for $0, so today I called, and after about 20ish minutes with the representative, they got everything squared away and I could select Stretch seating for free.
italdesign likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 4:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by iahphx
What's odd is that when I go to my existing reservation (made before my status match) it tells me "The Bundle" is free because of my status, but then it wants to charge me.
Same. It charges one amount for The Perks bundle (I thought 100k gets The Works?) which includes free check-in and carry-on bags, but it wants extra $$ for exit seats. I thought 100k also gets stretch seats, which I assume == exit seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.