Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Frontier Airlines | Frontier Miles Program
Reload this Page >

Frontier Offering Status Matches Though You Have to Pay for Them

Old Nov 17, 2020, 2:23 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC

Just got an email from them, it's available through December 1.

Terms and Conditions: Frontier Status Match Status Match is offered to all eligible airline frequent flyers These terms and conditions can be varied at any time. To be eligible you must join the Frequent Flyer/Rewards Program offering the match and meet their eligibility criteria, pay any fees applicable and submit details of Elite Status held with another airline Frequent Flyer/Rewards Program

Where Elite Status is held with more than one Eligible Airline, the Status that delivers the highest tier in the Status Match Promotion will be used. LDC and the Airline reserve the right to reject or revoke the Status Match if fraud is found or for any other reason The status match offer is a one-time only offer.

The option to purchase a higher tier may be offered to Eligible Frequent Flyers. Eligible Frequent Flyers may include existing program Members. Status rules and limitations remain at the sole discretion of the Rewards Program.

Only 1 status match per individual Offer subject to change without notice A status match is only offered to members who have achieved elite status through actual flight miles or segments in another program or have purchased a buy-up in Status Tier
Link: Frontier Status Match

I thought it was a great deal until the last screen:

There is a $349 application fee to verify and process your international status match. Your status with will be validated and your Frontier status upgraded within 72 hours after payment.
Like hell am I going to pay $349 for status. What a scam.
Old Nov 17, 2020, 2:31 pm

Programs: UA
Whoa it’s showing me $49 only. Even that I’m questioning. Looks like we just posted the subject almost simultaneously.
lidosjawn likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2020, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
I thought it was a great deal until the last screen:

Like hell am I going to pay $349 for status. What a scam.
Woah! What airline were you trying to match from?

Originally Posted by svmyt
Whoa it’s showing me $49 only. Even that I’m questioning. Looks like we just posted the subject almost simultaneously.
This is what I am seeing for mine.
Old Nov 17, 2020, 2:46 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I'm trying to match from American. I wonder if because I'm on free airport Wifi at BNA it thinks I'm overseas? Either way, weird. I'm still not paying $49 for F9 status.
Old Nov 17, 2020, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
I'm trying to match from American. I wonder if because I'm on free airport Wifi at BNA it thinks I'm overseas? Either way, weird. I'm still not paying $49 for F9 status.
Weird because I got the following inputting my American Gold.

There is a $49 application fee to verify and process your status match. Your status with American Airlines will be validated and your Frontier status upgraded within 72 hours after payment.
Old Nov 20, 2020, 4:50 am

So my united silver status was approved about 24 hours to Elite 20K and I also got an offer by email to upgrade to Elite 50K for $349. The status would be valid until December 2021 which is the same as the previous status match.

Do you think its worth upgrading to Elite 50K, I plan on traveling with a family member 6-7 times over the next year.
Old Nov 20, 2020, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by Topesto
So my united silver status was approved about 24 hours to Elite 20K and I also got an offer by email to upgrade to Elite 50K for $349. The status would be valid until December 2021 which is the same as the previous status match.

Do you think its worth upgrading to Elite 50K, I plan on traveling with a family member 6-7 times over the next year.
You and your family member would get comped seats including stretch while booking so what is that worth to you? I am hoping they offer a straight sale of Elite 50k from 20k through all this. At the price, they quoted you I would take it.
Old Nov 20, 2020, 9:50 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I would call this a thinly-disguised targeted offer rather than a status match. People who have some spend elsewhere might spent a bit on F9 and offer cash up front to get there, The straight buy up mid-year is a bad sign. The more people at any given level, the fewer benefits to go around.
Old Nov 20, 2020, 10:10 am

I ended up going for it since the extra seating would be worth it for me and others on the reservation. We will see how much I end up using it over the next year.
Old Nov 22, 2020, 11:03 am

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
I went ahead and got 100k status for my United Platinum match. Thought it might be interesting. They were quick like 48 hours approving the match.

The issue that I have is that 100k should include free Discount Den. While the website sees me as a 100k, they try to charge me for Discount Den when I choose those flight options. I called the phone number and the off shore rep told me that I should ask the contractors who did the status match program. I sent them an email, so we will see.

How does free discount den work for current 100k members. Are you automatically 'loaded' into the subscription, or is there something that you actively do?

Also, when I log onto Flyfrontier.com, it seems to log me in and populates my info during the reservation process but then continues to have the 'login' tab at the top. I cannot find a link to my account to check anything. I am using Firefox but also had this problem with Edge.
Old Nov 22, 2020, 2:00 pm

I was upgraded to the 50k tier but now I cant access my account. When I try to login the page does not load and just say I need to login. However, when I search for a flight I can select a seat for free which is included with the elite 50K.

Hopefully this can be resolved with a quick call to customer service.
Old Nov 22, 2020, 3:13 pm

Didn't get any match but experiencing the same issues as you all with the website. Couldn't see my account profile on mobile but it seems to be working a little bit better to book flights. Called customer service and was told they are working on a bug that is affecting all Elite customers.
Old Nov 22, 2020, 3:19 pm

I talked to support also and all they said was my account was locked and to try a temporary password they provided tomorrow.
Old Nov 22, 2020, 5:16 pm

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
Good (?!?!) to know that it seems to be a system thing rather than just me. Maybe somebody will come into the office tomorrow and fix it.
Old Nov 22, 2020, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by pretzlaff
I went ahead and got 100k status for my United Platinum match. Thought it might be interesting. They were quick like 48 hours approving the match.

The issue that I have is that 100k should include free Discount Den. While the website sees me as a 100k, they try to charge me for Discount Den when I choose those flight options. I called the phone number and the off shore rep told me that I should ask the contractors who did the status match program. I sent them an email, so we will see.

How does free discount den work for current 100k members. Are you automatically 'loaded' into the subscription, or is there something that you actively do?

Also, when I log onto Flyfrontier.com, it seems to log me in and populates my info during the reservation process but then continues to have the 'login' tab at the top. I cannot find a link to my account to check anything. I am using Firefox but also had this problem with Edge.
I was able to get to 100k using Companion Pass from SW. Like you, I thought Discount Den was including in 100K. I did have discount den before upgrading. I also had an issue logging in yesterday but it seems normal now. I see 100K on my account. Should be fun.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.