Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miles Still Expire at 6 Months of No Activity??

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2020, 2:03 pm

I got a hold of someone from their corporate loyalty department on LinkedIn and directed him to this thread. He said the following regarding miles expiration:

All mileage expiration is turned off right now for all FRONTIER Miles members. We have informed our loyalty agents of that but some people likely are only talking to general reservation ones leading to the confusion I see on the thread. When an agent looks at your accounts in their interface it does still show an expiration date though.

This is how things will work when we provide notice of expiration being turned back on. If Frontier hypothetically sent the 90-day notice today they would need to have some sort of positive activity by 9/16/20. If your expiration date is on or before that date the miles will expire that night. As we stated when we announced the pause we will provide a 90-day notice for customers to take action. The positive activity could be from the following: Flying, Travel Credit for Miles offerings from April and May, Frontier Airlines Mastercard, other partners like Vinesse, Teleflora, Hotels, Car Rentals, and buying through Points.com.

I see someone also asked about if you need to USE or FLY by your expiration date. It is purely USE. Currently, our flight schedule is published out to September 2021.

I hope that is helpful to you and the people asking about it on that thread.
Old Jun 24, 2020, 7:11 pm

Programs: AA,DL,F9,UA,WN
I wouldn't trust this unofficial explanation. Once your miles expire, good luck getting them back. I recommend people spend the $25 and buy 1000 miles which will then extend your expiration date out another 6 months. There are some $11 routes out there right now too so for $22 you might be able to fly out and back from certain focus cities, if you've got the time. That's what I did last week MCO-ATL-MCO.
BobK/Orlando
Old Jul 5, 2020, 2:45 pm

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Orwaid
Hi -

When I checked the miles in my account, it used to have an expiration date of 6/12. As of yesterday it said "N/A". Sooo ... not sure what to make of that.
Any update? Did the miles disappear or are they really paused as the email suggests?
Thx.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 9:58 pm

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
So, my miles say they expire tomrorow. I used a flight credit last month from March to book for a Sept 2021 Trip. I decided to book for GF using miles just in case I somehow lose the miles since she plans on coming on the trip anyway. It's only $11 plus the miles I might lose anyway, but I feel confident with what was posted above plus finding my actual email that my miles won't expire until the "unpause" them and give us the 90 day notice. . Someone posted the partial part above. I posted more of it below. If anyone is trying to find the email among all the junk stuff frontier sends, here's more info about the specific message.

My email was sent Apr 21, 2020 and the subject is "Your Frontier Miles Expiration Has Been Extended - Our Commitment to You".

YOUR MILES EXPIRATION HAS BEEN PAUSED

[rhwbullhead]

We are all in living unprecedented times. Over the past weeks we have updated you on what we are doing to help keep you healthy, safe and comfortable when you fly with us. Now we would like to inform you how we are addressing your questions and concerns regarding our FRONTIER Miles frequent flyer program.

Expiration Pause

We have paused the expiration of all miles. This pause applies to all members whose miles were expected to expire March 1, 2020 forward. This way your miles will still be there to redeem when you are ready to travel. Additionally, we will notify you a minimum of 90 days prior to this pause ending. Please ensure your account information is up to date to receive this notification.
Old Aug 16, 2020, 8:10 pm

as of Aug 16th on the flyfrontier website

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Q. Have there been any changes to FRONTIER Miles due to COVID-19?
  1. In response to COVID-19 FRONTIER Miles expiration is paused. We will send a 90-day communication to all members with miles before resuming expirations. Once miles expiration resumes and if you do not have any accrual activity to extend your expiration date your miles will expire.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 4:20 pm

Programs: United Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
I have miles scheduled to expire on 10/28. Emailed customer service and they said that my miles are extended to 12/28, a 2 month extension. However, I still see the 10/28 expiration date on the website. Anyone else have a similar recent issue? I recognize that the website is terrible, but getting a little nervous over the possibility of losing 30k+ miles.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 5:31 am

Following
Old Nov 9, 2020, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by zer422
I have miles scheduled to expire on 10/28. Emailed customer service and they said that my miles are extended to 12/28, a 2 month extension. However, I still see the 10/28 expiration date on the website. Anyone else have a similar recent issue? I recognize that the website is terrible, but getting a little nervous over the possibility of losing 30k+ miles.
I am in the same boat with miles expiring in the next couple of days. Can you please advise if your miles were extended and if so till for how much time.

Thanks
Old Feb 18, 2022, 3:48 pm

Bumping this to see if anyone has recent datapoints. My account shows a bunch of miles with an expiration date in a few days but the FAQ still says that expiration is paused. Are others seeing that miles truly haven't expired on the date shown or did they resume the 6 month expiration and not update the FAQ? I know frontier is bad about updating stuff and if I have to buy some miles to keep them from expiring I will but I prefer not to.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 10:19 pm

Hi -

As a data point, my account still shows paused on the account statement I got today. Although, I lost my 20K elite status.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 9:16 pm

as a data point, my miles were showing expiring 3/16/22 (ON THE WEBSITE), so i paid $25 to keep them active. i didn't want to risk losing 100,000 miles because frontier's IT dept decided to forget about the expiration pause....
Old May 12, 2022, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by Pupster
as a data point, my miles were showing expiring 3/16/22 (ON THE WEBSITE), so i paid $25 to keep them active. i didn't want to risk losing 100,000 miles because frontier's IT dept decided to forget about the expiration pause....
So if you purchase 1000 miles for $25 , the 180 day expiration date resets?
Old May 31, 2022, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by 3544quebec
So if you purchase 1000 miles for $25 , the 180 day expiration date resets?
Just bumping this question up -does anyone know?
Old Jun 16, 2022, 11:42 am

Mileage expiration has paused according to my eMiles Statement sent June 14th. "In response to COVID-19 your Frontier Miles expiration is paused. We will send a 90-day communication to all members with miles before resuming expirations. Once miles expiration resumes and if you do not have any accrual activity to extend your expiration date your miles will expire".

Given that they just upped the prices to cancel from $0 to $99 if cancelled more than 60 days in advance on June 2nd, there was no notice about this. Including lowering checked baggage weight limits from 50lbs to 40lbs on March 1st without so much of a 90-day notice...
Old Jun 23, 2022, 8:23 pm

Programs: AA,DL,F9,UA,WN
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
Just bumping this question up -does anyone know?
Purchasing miles is activity and does extend the expiration by another 6 months.

Originally Posted by dragond
Mileage expiration has paused according to my eMiles Statement sent June 14th.
I recall they did this back in 2020 but I thought the pause ended. When I look at my account on their website, I always see an expiration date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.