Wiki Posts
Search

Frontier Canceling Fiights

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2020, 7:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by iahphx
I'm pretty sure the answer is "no," and I'm also thinking that such conduct would be illegal.
No, it would not be illegal. Many vendors do this, including Amazon and Fedex, But, the reality is that air carriers don't.

As to the broader issue, the length of the change is a red herring. The passenger's flight was cancelled and he was rerouted. The DOT rules from 2011, as made clear in the April 3 Warning Letter, are written in the alternative. Either a cancellation OR a significant change.

The best process is to file both a chargeback and DOT complaint. DOT does not enforce individual consumer complaints, but it does require that the carrier respond. There is no good response other than "we've issued a refund" so, in this situation, it is the way to go.

When filing a chargeback, make sure to include a copy of the e-ticket receipt, the notice of cancellation, the request for a refund, and the denial (or a note that there has been no response). DOT requires that refunds be initiated within 7 days, so hold your chargeback to the 8th day. The more complete and timely your package, the easier and faster the chargeback proces.
Old May 28, 2020, 10:33 am

Frontier didnt even try to dispute the chargeback. It was found in my favor by default due to lack of response from the merchant.
Old May 28, 2020, 10:39 am

whoops double post

Last edited by chris_grr; May 28, 2020 at 10:44 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.