Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Now Elite; can't get free seat assignment?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2018, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Now Elite; can't get free seat assignment?

I just became Elite thanks to credit card spend and miles posting from Thanksgiving trip. I am taking a flight next week --ticket bought at airport last month-- and figured I would just pick a seat ahead of time. However, I am only getting the pay-for-seats screen. Is this because I was not Elite when I booked the flight? Or does buying the ticket at the airport somehow nullify this benefit?

Although I have listed my preference for an aisle seat in the since-restored Seat Preferences in My Profile, I would just prefer to make full use of this Elite benefit. I figure I have earned it!

Just as a data point for others: I just became Elite last week, and the status is listed as being good through December of 2019.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 3:36 pm

You might try twitter for clarification/redress.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

I will do that then. I just figured I would see if others had a similar experience, or had useful data points. Thanks!
Old Dec 4, 2018, 4:11 pm

They have been messing with the website so what worked last week might or might not work this week. Remember the whole seat preference thing.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by frugal_flyer
Is this because I was not Elite when I booked the flight? Or does buying the ticket at the airport somehow nullify this benefit?
The reason is because you were not Elite when you booked and your reservation shows your status at booking. I have went into my profile and added the trip to the "add trips" even though it was already there and it updated my status and gave me my benefits. Give that a try.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

lidosjawn.... I just did what you suggested, but I get the "this trip has already been added" message. Even after I got this, I went ahead to my reservation again but still could not pick a seat for free.

Just to satisfy my curiosity, I did a dummy booking for January. It showed no charge for what should be my free carryon bag, as well as a seat map where I could pick any seat, save for Stretch and Exit Row seating.

So maybe you had a glitch that worked in your favor, whereas Frontier has apparently fixed it now. I am okay with it, though. As long as my seat preference of aisle seat is "remembered" for this flight, I will not complain.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by frugal_flyer
lidosjawn.... I just did what you suggested, but I get the "this trip has already been added" message. Even after I got this, I went ahead to my reservation again but still could not pick a seat for free.

Just to satisfy my curiosity, I did a dummy booking for January. It showed no charge for what should be my free carryon bag, as well as a seat map where I could pick any seat, save for Stretch and Exit Row seating.

So maybe you had a glitch that worked in your favor, whereas Frontier has apparently fixed it now. I am okay with it, though. As long as my seat preference of aisle seat is "remembered" for this flight, I will not complain.
You should call the F9 reservation line and ask them for the seat assignment. Just tell them you earned elite status since booking your flight and want to pick a seat. They might have to ask a manager (I find this happens any time I ask for a same day change as an elite), but they should help you out. I have found the phone agents pretty clueless about elite benefits overall... I don't expect there are too many of us. I can tell because of how gate agents will make a boarding call for elites... pause 5 seconds... then call for group one. Ahhh well.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 9:55 pm

Bumping an old thread because I dealt with this recently. The reservations line and Twitter were utterly unhelpful. Twitter simply told me that we couldn't add the seat and bag because the reservation was booked before Elite status was reached. Well duh, we knew that... The reservations line said to try again when checking in. No way that was going to change anything. They said they couldn't do anything themselves until after we were checked in. Doesn't seem right either. Even asked a gate agent while at the airport and she said to call reservations.

In the end, an email to [email protected] did the trick. They were quick to respond and were able to add the current elite status to the existing reservation. Phew.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 11:30 am

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
I responded about my experience with this in the status match thread. I initially was told I couldn't have free stretch seats bc I had booked 7 trips before I attained 50k status. After I pushed back saying that nowhere does it say this, they said they'd give me my seats as a new time courtesy. I'll have 100k status by end of year and it seems ill have this issue with the free companion bags and check in bags for my 2022 reservations already booked as well...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.