Elite status is now based on calendar year

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2018, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Elite status is now based on calendar year

Just got this email with the subject "Frontier EarlyReturns eStatement":
YOUR ACCOUNT SUMMARY

Hi maskedmesothorium,
Ready, set, GO! Elite status is now based on calendar year. Your Elite status qualifying period starts now for 2018! If you qualify in 2018, you will have Elite benefits for the remainder of 2018, plus all of 2019!
Elite Earnings
0 Flown Miles YTD 0 Flown Segments YTD
Well, this actually brings the program more in line with standard practices and I guess it might be an upgrade if you become an elite for the first time early in the year. But did they announce this an advance at all? I have flown almost 11,000 miles with them since September and was expecting to achieve Elite using those miles. Now I'm back to zero. Hurumph.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by maskedmesothorium
I have flown almost 11,000 miles with them since September and was expecting to achieve Elite using those miles. Now I'm back to zero. Hurumph.
I emailed them at contact us since I was in a similar situation as you. Looks like they are aware of this happening and gave me the offer to fly 6 more times by the end of March I will be provided my elite benefits for 2018 and then my 2019 benefits are still based upon my flying this year! I already have 2 round trips booked and will just add another one on now. Hope they are doing this for all members like us.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 6:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by lidosjawn
I emailed them at contact us since I was in a similar situation as you. Looks like they are aware of this happening and gave me the offer to fly 6 more times by the end of March I will be provided my elite benefits for 2018 and then my 2019 benefits are still based upon my flying this year! I already have 2 round trips booked and will just add another one on now. Hope they are doing this for all members like us.
Just got the same email and was around 8k since sept, glad to hear about the little challenge I'm almost positive ill hit that mark by march. I guess ill send my email complaining tonight.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 11:00 am

Man, I guess they don't love me as much as you guys do. I sent an e-mail expressing disatisfaction with the change and was not offered the 6 flights by march elite deal
Old Jan 9, 2018, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lidosjawn
What category did you use for the contact form? I'm pretty sure I selected "Earlyreturns Mileage Program Account" but the confirmation email I got said I was submitted a mileage request. Haven't heard back in a few days and not sure if I should resubmit my question.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 12:09 pm

I got my email from [email protected] and had a back and forth with them. Maybe give that a try?
Old Jan 9, 2018, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Thank you, that email elicited a prompt response! My original email came from a different email address that had an auto-reply that said the inbox is not monitored. They offered me a similar challenge, 8000 miles or 8 segments by the end of June. It's not September, but I'll definitely take it. Should be able to complete the challenge without too much difficulty.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 2:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist
Just received my answer for my moms account, she has had 6k elite miles since late September and was just given status for 2018! This was the second time emailing about her account the first time i was blown off without any offer, this time i emailed the address just above this post and the next day a manager answered me with the good news.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 11:05 am

Thanks Layoverdan-

I am going to try e-mailing the address instead of going through the contact us on the website. Maybe they will take pity on me that way!
Old Jan 31, 2018, 2:49 pm

Hi -

I too was given status for 2018, but I was 3/4 of the way there under the old "365" system.

This is going to be a real game-changer for me. With a free carry-on and being able to choose a seat up front, they just became my new first choice for anything but a transcon.

I know the thin schedules can be a hassle during IRROPS, but with the additional planes coming, I suspect frequencies will be increasing.

And you can't beat the price.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 3:49 pm

Success! Elite status awarded! This is awesome. I was so close to getting elite before the change, and was ready to give up on Frontier, but now they have me hooked. Good service recovery by them!
Old Feb 6, 2018, 11:28 am

Hi -

Frontier has a real chance to become what WN used to be -- that is, a low-fare airline with polite (if bare bones) service levels. As they build out their network, frequencies should grow which would reduce IRROPS hassles.

I hope they can get there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.