Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Frontier Airlines | Frontier Miles Program
Reload this Page >

SSR (UND5) is restricted to 1 occurence(s) per passenger and leg.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2017, 10:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K Hilton Gold

I keep getting this error anytime I try to buy plane tickets on www.flyfrontier.com. The person on their phone support are not very useful, and mostly try to sell me tickets over the phone. The one person did indicate if I booked without a FF number, it would work and they could add it after the fact. However, that work around doesn't seem to work with "Discount Den" fares, in which I must enter my number to get the proper fare.

Is anyone else having this problem? Why does their website suck so bad? The sad part is that I WANT Frontier to sell tickets and make money. They now have a direct COS to TPA flight and I'm stoked. But if someone very website and travel savvy like me has this much difficulty buying a simple set of tickets, I fear the average traveler will give up and go pay $50 more on Southwest or United.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 2:40 pm

I got the same thing. Do you have a KTN (Known Traveler Number)? If so, write it down, go to your Discount Den profile, delete it, then book your flight using your Discount Den log-in/profile. This should fix he problem and then you can go back to your Discount Den traveler profile and then add the KTN back. It's some crappy snafu with their system. Hope that works, since it did for me just now.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MJMillerLegion
I got the same thing. Do you have a KTN (Known Traveler Number)? If so, write it down, go to your Discount Den profile, delete it, then book your flight using your Discount Den log-in/profile. This should fix he problem and then you can go back to your Discount Den traveler profile and then add the KTN back. It's some crappy snafu with their system. Hope that works, since it did for me just now.
That was the ultimate work-around that I eventually got from the web support folks there, and then "call us and we'll add it back in". It's a PITA but yes can get it booked.

Yes, I'm annoyed and in the end the hassle is worth the savings, but I have to think this costs them serious business. Overall their air product isn't any worse than other US carriers, but they won't make money if people can't buy their tickets without reasonable hassle. Or do simply 99.99% of them not use pre-check?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.