Wiki Posts
Search

Canceling The Works Ticket

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2016, 7:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Avis Preferred Plus
Canceling The Works Ticket

My sis canceled her The Works ticket and instead of crediting her CC, it says credited and she has one year to use it???? This is part of her email statement after the cancellation. :

TOTAL $0.00

Payment Date 06/01/2016
Payment Amount $321.32
Payment Visa
*** Approved *** XXXXXXXXXXXX<REDACTED>

Exp. Date <REDACTED>

Payment Date 06/04/2016
Payment Amount -$321.32
Payment Credit Shell
*** Approved *** RF1H8B

This Customer Credit will expire 1 year from 06/01/2016

UPDATE: She did get credit for it. She bought another ticket and they credited her. The email was confusing when we first saw it. Sorry for any confusion.

Last edited by saneman; Jun 3, 2016 at 8:09 pm
Old Jun 10, 2016, 1:14 pm

Did the amount of the credit include the fee she originally paid for "The Works", or just the airfare?
Old Jun 22, 2016, 11:14 am

You get the full amount refunded including the Works charge.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 9:54 pm

Yeah, that was what it said when it offered me the works. A year, what SW gives you for free.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 11:04 am

Programs: All over the place now.
Southwest doesn't give it to you for free, it's in the fare. I would definitely rather travel Southwest but in my current market (STL) Frontier is by far cheaper. Yes, including all fees. I have had one long delay but I was emailed in advance so didn't even leave home, was a better flight time for me anyway, and they gave me $100 off my next ticket. My ticket that was delayed only cost $100 so that was cool because now I'm throwing in an almost free Vegas trip. In fact, many times even airlines such as American Airlines are cheaper than Southwest so I'll choose them in order to have an assigned seat. I haven't had a lot of that award winning experience on WN in years anyway.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 11:30 am

I'd have to say that when I have the chance I enjoy Frontier. I find their fares great and I seldom paid any fees (except for reserving a seat before I became Elite). I found the in flight product at least as good as Southwest's but the customer service was not to good either on the ground side or on the phone.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 2:06 pm

Programs: All over the place now.
Yes, I also haven't found them to be too friendly. I just try not to care. And I have been finding almost similar treatment on WN as of late also. It's been years since I've had any sort of airline status (previously Alaska Gold and WN A List). In a way, it's nice not to be bound by that.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 10:55 am

I know this info is a little late. I was just going through old threads.

With Frontier you have to apply for the refund. I think they have form online for this. You may be able to call but they do charge for some types of phone services now.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 5:52 pm

Programs: AS MVP; UA Silver; HHonors Silver; HyattGP Platinum; Hertz PC
I have booked "the works" on a couple of trips that later needed to be cancelled. Each time the website issued the "credit" that had to be used within a year. The website is coded to do that every time...in hopes that you do not follow-up and just accept the credit.

An immediate phone call to Frontier requesting a full refund in the original form of payment was successful on both occasions. You are entitled to a refund in the original form of payment if you book "The Works."
Old Oct 28, 2016, 4:42 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Delta
I have had to make the request for the refund after cancelling the Works and receiving the credit email. It's poor customer service and one of many reasons I won't fly them again.
Old Dec 25, 2016, 11:54 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta PLAT, Marriot Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, A couple of other airlines - pee on
I am thinking of a flight from SAN to MCO direct in Feb. R/t is $162, the works package is $155. However, a 5 hour direct flight is good to have the stretch seating as well as I will have a carry on each way. So without the works, it would add on $160. So now I have to compare with legacy to see if it is worth $320 on Frontier.

What do you guys think a comparable spend with legacy be?
Old Dec 25, 2016, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by kaaria
I am thinking of a flight from SAN to MCO direct in Feb. R/t is $162, the works package is $155. However, a 5 hour direct flight is good to have the stretch seating as well as I will have a carry on each way. So without the works, it would add on $160. So now I have to compare with legacy to see if it is worth $320 on Frontier.

What do you guys think a comparable spend with legacy be?

r/t can be had on Southwest for less that $300 depending on dates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.