Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Frontier Airlines | Frontier Miles Program
Reload this Page >

Frontier eliminates 1300 jobs, which includes closing MKE call center

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2015, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

The longtime MKE call center will close, eliminating 140 positions, and DEN will lose 1160 jobs.

http://www.denverpost.com/business/c...ervations-work
Old Jan 16, 2015, 6:44 pm

Definitely sounds like they are continuing to downsize DEN....sad say considering "Colorado's Airline" has truly, finally become a thing of the past
Prices and options at DIA will only get worse...no matter how much/if you didn't like F9, you can't deny they helped lower prices and keep Denver a competitive hub between the 3 airlines....
Old Jan 17, 2015, 9:28 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Ugh, how awful. My station (RDU) is already staffed by only contract employees so it's not a personal loss but I don't agree with these types of moves. Yet another downgrade of a once good airline.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 10:10 am

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by jk88usa
Definitely sounds like they are continuing to downsize DEN....sad say considering "Colorado's Airline" has truly, finally become a thing of the past
Prices and options at DIA will only get worse...no matter how much/if you didn't like F9, you can't deny they helped lower prices and keep Denver a competitive hub between the 3 airlines....
Originally Posted by CMK10
Ugh, how awful. My station (RDU) is already staffed by only contract employees so it's not a personal loss but I don't agree with these types of moves. Yet another downgrade of a once good airline.
WOW. I believe this means Frontier will actually have no frontline (above or below wing) employees.

Is there any other airline that does this?
Old Jan 17, 2015, 7:05 pm

The employees in DEN had been trying to unionize themselves, so management responded by simply axing them all. The sad thing about it is that the company which they're outsourcing too, and who is now hiring for the same positions, isn't paying much less starting out vs the low wages Frontier was already paying their long time loyal employees. I honestly don't see much financial gain here, even in the best case scenario. But the negative impact will almost certainly be felt within the operation. But that also fits right in line with all the other decisions Frontier has been making lately. They used to be a decent airline, but now are leading the way to the bottom.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by CMK10
Yeah, I can't agree with you anymore!!! I felt sorry for those people who loses the job. It's time to move on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.