Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Frontier to Unveil new livery on Sept 9

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2014, 9:26 pm

Not a fan of the airline itself, but well done with the new logo.

Been waiting for a long time for them to pay homage to that nicely designed icon from the original Frontier.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by FTcadence
It looks like someone spotted a repainted plane and took a photo:

http://www.dfwtower.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6551
Actually, the pictures is too blurry. That's not good. He had to get a better pictures next time.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 5:30 am

New look is on the website, with a special page including the new plane:

http://news.flyfrontier.com/video/fr...rates-new-look

Ironically, the new look page doesn't have the new look yet, while the main page does.

Edit: There's this page as well which goes into more detail about the livery.

Edit 2: I honestly think that Frontier and Southwest’s liveries should be ‘flipped’ given the message each is trying to send – Southwest is trying to go after business passengers by advertising low/no fees, so what better way than to have a livery that harkens back to the golden age of flying? Frontier is trying to go for more leisure traffic than they used to, which I feel Southwest’s new look goes after – it feels like a vacation scheme.

Last edited by lowfareair; Sep 9, 2014 at 5:56 am
Old Sep 9, 2014, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
It's a lot of money to spend on a busy new livery, only about a year after they went to the FLYFRONTIER.COM scheme. No wonder they have to charge for carryons.

Their loyal frequent flyers in the Summit and Ascent programs will be able to help subsidize this huge expenditure -- oh, wait.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 8:13 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage
Originally Posted by DenverBrian
It's a lot of money to spend on a busy new livery, only about a year after they went to the FLYFRONTIER.COM scheme. No wonder they have to charge for carryons.

Their loyal frequent flyers in the Summit and Ascent programs will be able to help subsidize this huge expenditure -- oh, wait.
Yeah its sad that they won't be able to make any money doing stuff like that...oh wait Spirit is the one on of the most profitable airlines out there.

http://mobile.businessweek.com/articles/2014-04-10/the-most-hated-u-dot-s-dot-airline-is-also-the-most-profitable
Old Sep 9, 2014, 8:16 am

It's a lot of money to spend on a busy new livery, only about a year after they went to the FLYFRONTIER.COM scheme.
I wonder if Frontier will be on all third party booking sites again like Spirit. Of course, Frontier would rather have customers book via flyfrontier.com but the URL seems de-emphasized with the new livery and website itself.

I suppose that if it flies routes like ORD-ATL, new routes out of DFW, and IAD to anywhere, it's going to want to be shown on all booking sites, as the locals in those markets, large markets with many carriers and big Southwest presence, some JetBlue and Virgin possibly, aren't going to be as tune to Frontier and it's route map and familiar or keen on the destinations served nonstop by the carrier, like the locals that might support a TTN, CVG or CLE or even DEN.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 12:59 pm

New owner/deep pockets.

Franke/Indigo didn't buy Frontier for what it was, but for what they believed it could be - and surely you don't really believe they can make a profit on, say, the $15 fares, without ancillary fees?

Although if you do your homework and travel light, you can avoid all the fees and actually fly somewhere for $15 - which some do. I suppose it is a case of the passenger nickel and diming the airline.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 4:16 pm

Programs: AA
Two random observations about the "changes":
  • In one of the videos, a flight attendant is handing out snacks and says something to the effect of "and the snacks". Is there a free snack coming, ala Southwest and Delta? Two totally different business models I realize, but I wonder if this could be a "perk" that makes people feel less "nickel and dimed"
  • In two of the videos, DirecTV can still be found in the planes. It's also still there on the new website. Is the DirecTV, just maybe, here to stay?
Old Sep 9, 2014, 4:25 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Previously top-tier everything, now a happy free agent
Has anyone spotted the typo yet?

EDIT: I posted the picture directly but it's big and stretches the forum too much. I'm on an ipad or else I would resize it.

But it can be found here, linked above:

http://news.flyfrontier.com/sites/fr...ery_Page_2.jpg

Seems like an elementary typo, all other wonderful things aside.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 8:39 pm

The one thing I don't like about the new livery is that blue. Make the engine all green, and both sides of the winglet have the animal on it. The blue seems out of place.

Originally Posted by bj27
Has anyone spotted the typo yet?
Eh, just role with it!
Old Sep 9, 2014, 10:26 pm

right.....
Old Sep 9, 2014, 10:52 pm

Did I hear free snacks on board?
Old Sep 9, 2014, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by bridge29
Two random observations about the "changes":[*]In one of the videos, a flight attendant is handing out snacks and says something to the effect of "and the snacks". Is there a free snack coming, ala Southwest and Delta? Two totally different business models I realize, but I wonder if this could be a "perk" that makes people feel less "nickel and dimed"[*]In two of the videos, DirecTV can still be found in the planes. It's also still there on the new website. Is the DirecTV, just maybe, here to stay?[/LIST]
Because snacks are available does not mean they are free. They're not actually "free" on other airlines, either.

Unless they've changed their minds, I understand that DirectTV is "going away." None of the newer aircraft have it.

It's old technology, expensive and heavy (more fuel) and has a very low take-up rate, especially in these days of personal devices.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Very surprising move for a ULCC.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 9:36 pm

Programs: AA
I'm surprised there has been no mention of F9's interior seating changes. You'd think they would announce this, right? The seat maps on the website change in two weeks, so clearly planes are about to get serviced. They must be really awful changes, like Spirit style seat pitch, to not even try to spin it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.