Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Frontier to announce new routes in 6 states

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2012, 5:58 pm

Programs: Delta P, SPG G, Marriott S, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rtalk25
I agree. Also, the immediate area (Princeton, Yardley) that receives the Trenton FM stations as closest, that flies for vacation isn't blue collar. Getting them to fly JetBlue (out of EWR) over Continental/United, or Southwest (out of PHL) over US Airways, which fly daily into MCO is a big enough task. Now trying to lure them to fly from an unknown air field (which is easily likely to be missed) on a carrier where the pax doesn't have miles, on a carrier that is flying just 2x a week (poor for schedule planning), that's quite a monumental task. Probably Frontier will pull in only the lowest yielding pax there, and it will actually hurt as those pax (some from places like Parsippany or Bridgewater, NJ, or Doylestown, PA) could have supported the ABE-MCO flight.

While there are some that are in "avoid PHL" group and want an easier from car to gate experience than EWR or PHL, esp. in the sometimes Arctic winter days here, TTN is just too bare bones and doesn't have atleast some exposure and amenities needed for one to start a vacation knowing they are headed to an airport that will be open. I guess one could say NK opened up at LBE, but LBE services an entire side of the Pitt market that is quite a distance from PIT, so it had that it's in favor, while Central NJ doesn't have it that hard to reach EWR or PHL.

If Frontier is thinking TTN is a gateway to New York for people in Orlando, I have doubts there. Take a taxi from TTN to TRE Amtrak and then a train into NYC is a very inconvenient way to reach NYC. Easier to fly JetBlue or Delta into a NYC airport.Trenton doesn't offer itself as a it own destination for the residents in Orlando.

If Frontier is hoping TTN will lure NNJ traffic to Florida-To get TTN noticed up in the pockets of Northern NJ will require some extensive advertising. And will they do it for just a twice a week flight? Advertising on the Trenton area FM stations won't suffice.

I think Frontier should have gotten ABE and MDT to daily ops, and then attempted ACY.

ABE: MCO and FLL
MDT: MCO and DEN
PHL: DEN
ACY: MCO and maybe later BOS

Get all those daily ops, and build a small but healthy FF base in the greater region. This way Frontier won't be chased out of DEN-PHL like it was out of DEN-BOS, where now it no longer has any presence in New England/BOS.
I am ECSTATIC to have Frontier come to Trenton. No more PHL or EWR, and talk about convenience. I am sure it is still free parking, no long lines, everything that ACY provides but at 20 mins from Princeton, and not an hour and a half.

You have PLENTY of people here in the area who travel to MCO, I just wish it was 5x weekly, I will be booking a trip for November on F9. Woot Woot.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Let's hope this new GSO-MCO service eventually leads to GSO-DEN
Yes, I agree as well. Let's wait and see. Try to be patiently. Give it chance. If those route has done extremely very well.

Originally Posted by CMK10
I'd certainly like that. I'm still smarting over the loss of GSO-IAH
Yes, SX tries GSO-FLL & etc. That's why they doesn't workout very well.

Remember Skybus has flies GSO-FLL and etc?

Last edited by N830MH; Aug 16, 2012 at 7:02 pm
Old Aug 28, 2012, 1:39 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by davywavy
Had you said that Spirit might start AZA-DEN, I might have agreed.
Looks like Spirit is a comin'.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by Stumblefoot
At least according to a rumor on a.net, Spirit is dropping AZA-LAS in early October, and, as of five minutes ago, it can't be booked on the Spirit website after October 3.

So Spirit might as well send that plane to DEN, I guess, and see how that works.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.