Search

Frontier to announce new routes in 6 states

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2012, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Yup, it's official release from F9:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/fronti...140000728.html

This route will become effective Nov. 16, 2012. Only thrice-weekly service.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 10:28 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by MikeFromMKE
Looks like DEN-FAR is the new route for today.
So much for my hope of seeing HNL.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by MikeFromMKE
Looks like DEN-FAR is the new route for today. They used to serve this route with the Q400, so we'll see what they do with mainline.
Interesting! Looks like 3x/week with A319, with the aircraft overnighting in Fargo. Last time the twice-daily Q400's flew a classic business schedule. This isn't that -- and they will probably have better luck chasing the leisure market.

North Dakota has a rather large snowbird segment that heads southwest, especially Phoenix. Frontier will look for a piece of that market this winter.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 11:30 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Frontier EarlyReturns Summit
Originally Posted by knope2001
Interesting! Looks like 3x/week with A319, with the aircraft overnighting in Fargo. Last time the twice-daily Q400's flew a classic business schedule. This isn't that -- and they will probably have better luck chasing the leisure market.

North Dakota has a rather large snowbird segment that heads southwest, especially Phoenix. Frontier will look for a piece of that market this winter.
I wonder if the schedule will allow for connections to the new AZA route?
Old Aug 9, 2012, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by knope2001

North Dakota also has fracking these days - although I'm thinking that's more in the western half of the state.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 3:40 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Glad to see the GSO-MCO route, though I'd have preferred RDU. Still, I take what I can get here in the Triangle ^
Old Aug 9, 2012, 3:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I'd like to add that I have purchased myself a ticket on the inaugural GSO-MCO flight and I am very excited for it, at $58 why wouldn't I be? I wonder if they'll use the AA/US (Gates 40-51) pier or the UA/DL (Gates 20-31) pier. Hopefully the former as that's where the US Club is.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by CMK10
Glad to see the GSO-MCO route, though I'd have preferred RDU. Still, I take what I can get here in the Triangle ^
There is already Delta and Southwest on RDU-MCO. If there needs another competitor, maybe JetBlue (which flies to FLL, JFK and BOS already) would consider the route as well.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by davywavy

I'm intrigued that they picked GSO-MCO, which already has GSO-SFB from Allegiant. But it has worked for Frontier on ABE-MCO, which is doubling service (to 4 x weekly) this winter and also has Allegiant to SFB.
Well, SFB isn't MCO. MCO is closer to WDW. Also, Allegiant's default sale is hotel+flight, for two, and from appearance for the consumer, it looks like one is getting stuck buying a travel deal with a flight on the side, rather than the flight.

Frontier has more semblance to carriers such as Southwest, AirTran and JetBlue.

For Frontier, it likely doesn't have to be concerned about competing against Allegiant. It's a lot easier than competing against Southwest, JetBlue or US Airways. Actually, Allegiant flying to SFB on different days helps balance out that Frontier isn't flying on certain days. One could fly Frontier and return Allegiant, just having to return the rental car from MCO to SFB or vice-versa.

I wonder if Frontier is looking into PHF, which lost AirTran service, including PHF-MCO.

Last edited by rtalk25; Aug 10, 2012 at 10:02 am
Old Aug 10, 2012, 11:06 am

deleted.

Last edited by rtalk25; May 27, 2014 at 1:12 pm
Old Aug 10, 2012, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by rtalk25
There is already Delta and Southwest on RDU-MCO. If there needs another competitor, maybe JetBlue (which flies to FLL, JFK and BOS already) would consider the route as well.
Oh I know, what I REALLY want is RDU-DEN!
Old Aug 10, 2012, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by rtalk25
Well, SFB isn't MCO. MCO is closer to WDW. Also, Allegiant's default sale is hotel+flight, for two, and from appearance for the consumer, it looks like one is getting stuck buying a travel deal with a flight on the side, rather than the flight.
I am intrigued that they picked GSO, which has Allegiant service, because the list of cities which have no Orlando service at all is quite surprising - to me - and I am always intrigued when one gets picked over another.

I am very pleased to see TTN - the most interesting one on the list to me - but I had hoped for a couple more MCO routes.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by davywavy
I am very pleased to see TTN - the most interesting one on the list to me - but I had hoped for a couple more MCO routes.
I suppose this editorial sums up my feelings about TTN:

http://www.nj.com/times-opinion/inde...rlines_fl.html

"Editorial: Frontier Airlines flights from Trenton-Mercer Airport should bolster facility's growth"

I think it is running well ahead of itself when it talks about a possible Frontier expansion at TTN, but given that it is early days and the numbers are obviously small, I am told that early bookings for TTN-MCO are very encouraging.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by CMK10
Oh I know, what I REALLY want is RDU-DEN!
Let's hope this new GSO-MCO service eventually leads to GSO-DEN
Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Let's hope this new GSO-MCO service eventually leads to GSO-DEN
I'd certainly like that. I'm still smarting over the loss of GSO-IAH

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.