Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wichita, Tucson ending

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2012, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Wichita, Tucson ending

Looks like Wichita has been removed from the scheudle starting in mid November, and Tucson's seasonal return is was pulled too. I thought perhaps TUS would perhaps start later, but the name has been removed from the list of valid cities, so I suspect TUS is done.

Who knows what Southwest's plan for Wichita are -- they continue to receive subsity for their AirTran ATL flights, and of course there's speculation that ultimately WN will connect Wichita with another hub in addition to or in place of ATL. But Frontier isn't sticking around to find out.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 7:24 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Frontier EarlyReturns Summit
Looks like Wichita might have something to do with Republic picking up the Q400 contract for United. If RP flies the Q400 DEN-ICT for United, I don't believe they can fly the E90 for F9, which would explain why they did not ask to renew the subsidy.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 8:54 pm

Only got a chance to fly F9 out of TUS once. Then again, I'm not sure why the even bothered with such a miniscule schedule (1-2 flights a day).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.