Community
Wiki Posts
Search

F9 status match

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2012, 4:31 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
F9 status match

Just got an email that F9 will status match any airline. I would love to take advantage of this, but don't have status on any airline...wonder if there's anyway to add "Platinum" to AA, UA, DL, or BA membership card?
Old Jun 21, 2012, 9:40 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Offer Details

Clearly, this is a program aimed at Southwest. I particularly like how they wrote the last bullet under the specifications of the program. Nice and open ended just in case anything may need changed.
EarlyReturns® #: XXXXXXXXXXX

ELITE STATUS MATCH

Enjoy the benefits of a Summit membership*!

Dear Stumblefoot,
This is your chance to experience Summit status with Frontier!

Here's how it works:

Simply email [email protected] with proof of your higher level elite status (i.e. your membership card or frequent flyer account statement) with any other airline, such as Southwest Airlines® A-List Preferred or Companion Pass Status. Just include your EarlyReturns® membership number.
We'll make you a Summit member within 10 business days of receiving the request.

So what are you waiting for? Email [email protected] now and become a Summit member.

Sincerely,

Your EarlyReturns Team

*Specifications of this one-time offer:

• You'll be granted Summit status based on your elite level in the other airline's program. For example, you will receive Summit status if you are a Southwest A-List Preferred member. You will have two months from the day you are entered in the Status Match to retain your EarlyReturns elite status. If you don't qualify after the two months are up, your status will be revoked, but you'll still enjoy the earning power of our mileage program.

• To maintain Summit status, simply fly three roundtrips (or six one-way segments) within two months.

• If you do qualify during the two months, you'll keep your Summit status until January 31, 2014. Your status beyond that date will need to be earned on its own accord through the established rules of our EarlyReturns program.

• The status match program is eligible to any new and existing EarlyReturns members who have not participated in the status match program in the last five years.

• Other restrictions may apply.

Last edited by essxjay; Jun 29, 2012 at 2:05 pm Reason: clarifies attribution
Old Jun 21, 2012, 10:07 am

Programs: United Premier 1K, Marriott Platinum, Frontier, Delta, Hertz Gold, National Emerald Club
I also received this offer, and it looks to be aimed squarely at Southwest.

I have status with United and Frontier. I may go for this. Personally wish they gave us 3 months to accomplish the trips. I've had issues recently with finding times at work for my business travel with Frontier vs United.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 12:43 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Frontier EarlyReturns Summit
Originally Posted by valor155
I also received this offer, and it looks to be aimed squarely at Southwest.

I have status with United and Frontier. I may go for this. Personally wish they gave us 3 months to accomplish the trips. I've had issues recently with finding times at work for my business travel with Frontier vs United.
Why would you do this if you already have status with Frontier?
Old Jun 21, 2012, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by MikeFromMKE
To get higher status, perhaps? He might be an Ascent looking for instant Summit.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by DenverBrian
To get higher status, perhaps? He might be an Ascent looking for instant Summit.
You are probably right, as the profile shows F9 Ascent.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 7:55 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K, Marriott Platinum, Frontier, Delta, Hertz Gold, National Emerald Club
Originally Posted by DenverBrian
Yeah, just an easy way to retain AND upgrade the status. I fly maybe 5k miles get the new benefits for another year.

I don't think I'll make Ascent this year. I might, but it'll be close. So this solves any concerns I have there, because most likely I'll have minimum 6 RT business flights in a 2 month period, and DEN is my home.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 10:54 pm

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
So to whom is this offer targeted? Any EarlyReturns member who is not currently Summit?
Old Jun 22, 2012, 2:17 am

Programs: HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle
So to whom is this offer targeted? Any EarlyReturns member who is not currently Summit?
Probably. I'm currently summit and will qualify again with my trips the weeks of July 9th and July 15th.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 7:02 am

The email was apparently targeted at CO-based customers, but nowhere in the offer do the T&C state that other F9 customers are not eligible for the match.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, UA PLT, Inspirato, Wheels Up, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Amex Plat
This is open to anyone...and it has been available for a while now. They seem to just be making it more public than in the past. Back in December, when I knew I was moving to Denver, I sent an email to that address, and they responded that they had suspended the status match during Nov & Dec until January 2012. At that time, I was supposed to email back. When I did, I was upgraded to Summit within 48 hours, and was required to fly the 6 segments to maintain that status through January of 2013. Now that we're in June, they are allowing that status to go through Jan of 2014.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 12:50 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, UA PLT, Inspirato, Wheels Up, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Amex Plat
This was from back in March...

Originally Posted by F9 Direct
Hello everyone. We are rolling out changes to our Status Match program that I would like to clarify. Requests for a Status Match should be emailed to [email protected] with supporting documentation to show your elite level on the other airline and your most recent activity statement.

The specifics of our matching program are as follows:
  • You will be granted Ascent or Summit status for 2 months initially depending upon your elite level in the other airline’s program. You will have 2 months to qualify for a continued Ascent or Summit status. If you do not qualify after the 2 months are up, you will return to base EarlyReturnsstatus.
  • To qualify during the two month status match period, you must fly 2 Round-Trips (or 4 One-Way trips) to maintain Ascent status or 3 Round-Trips (6 One-Way trips) to maintain Summit status. Note that Summit status will only be granted if you were upgraded to Summit initially (if you were upgraded to Ascent for the Status Match period, you will not qualify for Summit after 3 Round Trips).
  • If you qualify for continued Ascent or Summit status during the status match period, you will have Ascent or Summit status until January 31 of the following year (currently that would be January 31, 2013). Status beyond that date will need to be earned on its own accord through the established rules of the EarlyReturns program.

We will match status according to the following levels in place at other airlines:
  • AirTran A+ Rewards: A+ Elite matched to Ascent
  • Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan: MVP matched to Ascent; MVP Gold matched to Summit
  • American AAdvantage: Gold Elite matched to Ascent; Platinum Elite or Platinum Executive Elite matched to Summit
  • Delta SkyMiles: Silver Medallion matched to Ascent; Gold Medallion, Platinum Medallion, & Diamond Medallion matched to Summit
  • Southwest Rapid Rewards: A-List matched to Ascent; A-List Preferred and Companion Pass Status matched to Summit
  • Spirit Airlines Free Spirit: VIP Status matched to Ascent
  • United Mileage Plus: Premier Silver matched to Ascent; Premier Gold, Premier Platinum, Premier 1K, and Global Services matched to Summit
  • US Airways Dividend Miles: Silver Preferred matched to Ascent; Gold Preferred, Platinum Preferred and Chairman’s Preferred matched to Summit

Finally, the program requirements for receiving a match are as follows:
  • You must be current member of EarlyReturns or you must enroll.
  • You must present proof of elite status in the other frequent flyer program including your most recent activity statement.
  • Status will only be matched once every 5 years

If you meet these requirements, please send your to [email protected].

Thank You,

Dan Krause
Vice President, Marketing & Customer Experience
Frontier Airlines
Old Jun 22, 2012, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
The devil is in the details. Based on initial reports, I was assuming (perhaps naively) that the status match was to a similar level held at competitors. That's not the case if the T&Cs posted by nddomer04 apply. You have to be at least mid-tier at another airline (generally requiring 50k miles) to be given Summit status at Frontier.

ExitRowAisle
A Dissatisfied 2nd Class Starwood Platinum Member
Old Jun 22, 2012, 11:32 pm

The devil is in the details. Based on initial reports, I was assuming (perhaps naively) that the status match was to a similar level held at competitors. That's not the case if the T&Cs posted by nddomer04 apply. You have to be at least mid-tier at another airline (generally requiring 50k miles) to be given Summit status at Frontier.

ExitRowAisle
A Dissatisfied 2nd Class Starwood Platinum Member
This is true, and also is consistent with the offer they sent just sent out (referenced at the beginning of the thread). This new offer only names Southwest, and the email states that "A-List Preferred" status may be matched to Summit. A-List Preferred is achieved after 50 segments or 70,000 points. The basic "A-List" status will only be matched to Ascent, as referenced in the post by the Frontier customer service rep back in March of this year.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 2:22 pm
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
Originally Posted by MikeFromMKE
Not trying to be funny here but chasing status, whether for frivolous or pragmatic reasons, is integral to what Flyertalk is all about. As status tends to beget more status, both across airline programs and partner programs, there's no downside in taking whatever is offered. If the benefits are useful they'll expire with no party the worse off. But status with two or more FF programs, whether earned or matched, extends the odds of comping opportunities beyond just the airlines. You never know what useful surprises arise down the line out of these comping offers until you take them.

Last edited by essxjay; Jun 29, 2012 at 2:34 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.