Updated catering with Colorado focus

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2012, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

Updated catering with Colorado focus

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/fronti...200000052.html

Frontier Airlines Declares It's Colorado Proud

New catering lineup reflects the airline’s Colorado heritage

Frontier Airlines is proudly declaring its love for its home state of Colorado with the addition of some well-known Colorado companies and products to its catering menu. This month, the Denver-based carrier added Boulder Canyon Kettle Chips, Colorado Native Beer, Evol Burritos and Mountain Man Almond Chocolate Cherry Crunch trail mix to its menu, which already features other well recognized Colorado products including Blue Moon, Coors Light, Fat Tire Amber Ale, Horizon organic milk and IZZE sparkling juice.

“We are fortunate to be based in a state that produces so many exceptional products,” said Dan Krause, Frontier’s vice president of marketing and customer experience. “Our new catering lineup reflects Frontier’s Colorado heritage by focusing on local companies and products that are a true representation of what this great state has to offer. Just as we have received so much support from our fellow Coloradoans, we are proud to support our neighbor businesses while, at the same time, providing our customers with quality and unique inflight food and beverage options.”

In April, Frontier announced that it would begin featuring additional Colorado beers on board that will rotate every couple of months and be selected by its Facebook fans. The first round of voting ended May 15 with Colorado Native Beer coming out as the favorite. Voting for the next Colorado brew will begin in August at Facebook.com/FrontierAirlines, with the winning brew appearing on board in October.

For a complete list of Frontier’s inflight catering options, please visit FrontierAirlines.com.

-----------------------

And our friends at Milwaukee Business Journal felt this was yet another fine opportunity to pull in the local angle, as if these snacks were replacing the cookie...which they are not.

http://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee...s-cookies.html

After scrapping Midwest’s cookies, Frontier focusing on products with Colorado ties

Frontier Airlines disappointed many local travelers earlier this year when it decided to scrap the baked-on-board chocolate chip cookies that had been a staple of the once dominant Midwest Airlines, the “hometown” carrier that had been based in Oak Creek before being merged with Frontier in recent years.

Now, after gutting its operations at General Mitchell International Airport in Milwaukee in favor of its main hub in Denver, Frontier announced in a news release that it is “proudly declaring its love for its home state of Colorado” with the addition of new products to its catering menu.
This month, the Denver-based carrier added Boulder Canyon kettle chips, Colorado Native beer, Evol burritos and Mountain Man almond chocolate cherry crunch trail mix to its menu, which already features other Colorado-made products including beers such as Blue Moon, Coors Light and Fat Tire Amber Ale, as well as Horizon organic milk and Izze sparkling juice.

[...]

Somehow, I suspect that the local Frontier / former Midwest customer base would say they are a tad more concerned about Frontier pulling virtually all their flights as opposed to pulling the cookie. But that's just me.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by knope2001

And our friends at Milwaukee Business Journal felt this was yet another fine opportunity to pull in the local angle, as if these snacks were replacing the cookie...which they are not.

http://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee...s-cookies.html

After scrapping Midwest’s cookies, Frontier focusing on products with Colorado ties

Frontier Airlines disappointed many local travelers earlier this year when it decided to scrap the baked-on-board chocolate chip cookies that had been a staple of the once dominant Midwest Airlines, the “hometown” carrier that had been based in Oak Creek before being merged with Frontier in recent years.

Now, after gutting its operations at General Mitchell International Airport in Milwaukee in favor of its main hub in Denver, Frontier announced in a news release that it is 'proudly declaring its love for its home state of Colorado' with the addition of new products to its catering menu............

Somehow, I suspect that the local Frontier / former Midwest customer base would say they are a tad more concerned about Frontier pulling virtually all their flights as opposed to pulling the cookie. But that's just me.
The articles about Midwest, and then Frontier, have always been among the most read stories from Milwaukee's Business Journal. Even though this article is basically a glorified version of F9's press release, I am sure that it is of interest to many of their readers.

Many of the Frontier articles in the Business Journal provide actual news and quotes of interest; this one, not so much.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 12:23 pm

Programs: UA
Flight on Monday did not have Colorado Native boarded yet. It was in the onboard info but the FA had no clue about it either.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 3:29 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by German Expat
Flight on Monday did not have Colorado Native boarded yet. It was in the onboard info but the FA had no clue about it either.
+1 on my Monday flight, DEN-ATL. They also only boarded 1 IZZE Blackberry. I was in row 3 and was surprised they had already run out.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 3:32 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
What? No Rocky Mountain oysters?
Old Jun 13, 2012, 8:14 pm

Smile

Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
Think I'll pass on those.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
Hear, Hear. Sign me up
Old Jun 15, 2012, 12:46 pm

Colorado Native beer was on my ATL-DEN flight yesterday. It's pretty cool to be able to get this beer considering it's only distributed in the state of Colorado. It's a lager with a good amount of bitterness in the taste profile.

Unfortunately, there was absolutely no Blackberry IZZE sparkling juice on board. Considering in this month's flight guide they provide a drink recipe using this flavor, it's a shame they haven't had it available this month.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA
Finally had Colorado Native on my flight yesterday evening. Was a very good beer and came in handy after the long reroute around the bad weather. I voted for Dale's though but do like both.
Nice addition and probably the best beer you can get on a US airline at the moment.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by German Expat
...probably the best beer you can get on a US airline at the moment.
It's a winner for sure. I too know what you mean about Dale's. A very tasty ale indeed!
Old Jun 19, 2012, 2:43 am

Programs: DL GM, F9 50K, NK Gold...AS MVP 50K soon?
It would be fun to see Frontier carrying a microbrew or two beyond Fat Tire, particularly one that isn't often seen outside Colorado. Oskar Blues (they make Dale's) is one good one. Avery is another that cans their wares, making it easier to put beer onto the plane.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 8:25 am

Programs: United GS, AAdvantage Platinum
Originally Posted by iansltx
It would be fun to see Frontier carrying a microbrew or two beyond Fat Tire, particularly one that isn't often seen outside Colorado. Oskar Blues (they make Dale's) is one good one. Avery is another that cans their wares, making it easier to put beer onto the plane.
Did you not notice the significant media coverage about their "Choose Your Brew" campaign where the public got to pic a new Colorado microbrew via Facebook? Dale's came in second to Colorado Native.

Try a quick google search and Im sure you will see countless hits on the program. I thought it was a fantastic idea... wish more airlines thought outside the box like that.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 11:31 am

Programs: DL GM, F9 50K, NK Gold...AS MVP 50K soon?
Originally Posted by STLFreqFlyer
Did you not notice the significant media coverage about their "Choose Your Brew" campaign where the public got to pic a new Colorado microbrew via Facebook? Dale's came in second to Colorado Native.

Try a quick google search and Im sure you will see countless hits on the program. I thought it was a fantastic idea... wish more airlines thought outside the box like that.
I actually follow F9 pretty closely on FB, so I know about the program. Actually participated, too, if I remember correctly. I think I voted for the Oatmeal Stout. Being in Golden means that Native just isn't that special anymore
Old Jun 21, 2012, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by iansltx
I think I voted for the Oatmeal Stout.
Was that Breckenridge Brewery's stout? It's a tasty brew for sure.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 9:51 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, UA PLT, Inspirato, Wheels Up, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Stumblefoot
Was that Breckenridge Brewery's stout? It's a tasty brew for sure.
It was Crabtree Brewing Company's Oatmeal Stout...Just moved to DEN, so I haven't tried that one yet.

http://blogs.westword.com/cafesociet...sks_flyers.php

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.