Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Frontier says Buh-bye to complimentary cookie

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2012, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by knope2001
I can't seem to find the original post, but there was a suggestion to list if cookies were offered or not to track when they ran out.

4/10 MKE-MCI #1811 still had them.

It was not announced as part of the inflight offerings, however.
Originally Posted by mke9499
Perhaps we can get regular updates from those flying this month, as to the availability of the cookies.
Thanks for the report, knope. Maybe we can keep the cookie updates coming.

Was your post written inflight?
Old Apr 10, 2012, 2:25 pm

Was your post written inflight?
yup...N165HQ...still in YX colors, all 2x2 cabin and WiFi enabled. Happily so as I got more work done on that flight than all morning in the office.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 2:29 pm

I'm a bit surprised with dismissive attitude some people are showing about the cookies leaving, especially those trying to argue that crackers are a more unique and better tasting snack? F9 unfortunately has had many issues properly understanding the YX markets they've inherited, and they haven't handled the whole cookie situation too good either. The cookies were a YX thing to behind with, and as the airline was phased out F9 didn't really put much effort into trying to incorporate them into their image/brand. They just simply continued serving them (cold, oftentimes) without much recognition and that sort of made it an awkward fit. If you ask me, I think it was Bedford's plan from the start. Keep the cookies initially to appease MKE/MCI for the loss of YX, and then over time make them quietly go away.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 6:48 pm

Programs: DEN: WN or UA, AA LT Gold, VIA Preference Preferred
Now that most of the MKE routes have been eliminated there really is very little of YX left. The N165HQ (and maybe others) is still in Midwest colors, and there is still some cookie dough left in the storeroom, but when those are gone, it will be time to stop crying in our beer about the good old days of steaks and crab claws/what should have been done to "save" YX, and throw the last shovel of dirt on the grave and move on. I was a big fan of YX, but it's Frontier Airlines now. I hope they can continue to employ some YX people. I just booked two more trips on F9, because they are better for me than that other big airline that is having merger/computer issues right now.
We shall see if the F9 conversion to a ULCC results in a acceptable airline, or if it results in a intolerable Spirit/Allegant/MarkAir hash.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 7:45 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Frontier EarlyReturns Summit
Originally Posted by Daze
Now that most of the MKE routes have been eliminated there really is very little of YX left. The N165HQ (and maybe others) is still in Midwest colors, and there is still some cookie dough left in the storeroom, but when those are gone, it will be time to stop crying in our beer about the good old days of steaks and crab claws/what should have been done to "save" YX, and throw the last shovel of dirt on the grave and move on. I was a big fan of YX, but it's Frontier Airlines now. I hope they can continue to employ some YX people. I just booked two more trips on F9, because they are better for me than that other big airline that is having merger/computer issues right now.
We shall see if the F9 conversion to a ULCC results in a acceptable airline, or if it results in a intolerable Spirit/Allegant/MarkAir hash.
+1 from me on all counts. YX is gone sadly, and its time to move on. I am optimistic about the future of F9 as a whole, unfortunately I'm not sure what kind of future they have in MKE. Hopefully they'll get the Apple flying out of MKE next year (currently FL has it) and it will force them to keep a few birds rotating through here.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by Daze
+2, very well said.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 9:57 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
I wonder if people in other forums long for the companies of yesteryear like Kodak, Tower Records, KB Toys, and others like they do for YX?

While living in the Midwest, I had the opportunity to fly YX. But, it seems YX's days have long been since over, much like those of Pan Am, Aloha, TWA, and Eastern. While YX's demise is more recent, the writing was on the wall for quite some time.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 9:16 am

Programs: PC Plat, HHonors Silver
I think for a lot of folks, it is the smell of the cookie more than the actual cookie that they like. That will go away.

I like animal crackers, but I suspect most will be passed on to younger relatives. Though I like the idea of bribing the accompanied kids on board.

Also like the idea of tail animal shapes. Hopefully they'll at least have a Frontier branded box.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 10:38 am

Programs: Delta Dirt Medallion,AA,USairways, WN Rapid Rewards, National Emerald Club
Originally Posted by Stumblefoot
I wonder if people in other forums long for the companies of yesteryear like Kodak, Tower Records, KB Toys, and others like they do for YX?

While living in the Midwest, I had the opportunity to fly YX. But, it seems YX's days have long been since over, much like those of Pan Am, Aloha, TWA, and Eastern. While YX's demise is more recent, the writing was on the wall for quite some time.
I flew Pan Am from JFK<->Shannon in 1987; by then Pan Am was on the downslope but I'm still glad I got to fly it once

Once or twice I got to fly on the old Midwest with silverware and china. Post 9/11 Midwest was on the downslope but you could still count on good customer service.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:35 am

April 7, MKE-SNA, Flights 377/260. Cookies were served on the second leg. Departure was after 10:30.

I did notice two 190's on the ground in DEN still in YX livery.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Though not recent...

Flew 3/26 SNA-DEN, last flight of the evening. Only 35 people on-board. FAs said have as many cookies as you want.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:58 am

Still cookies on 1526 MCI-MKE last night (4/11/12). The FA said "while they last"...
Old Apr 12, 2012, 2:16 pm

Programs: AirTran A+ awards, F9 Early Returns, Priority Club Platinum
Still cookies on 1526 MCI-MKE last night (4/11/12). The FA said "while they last"...
Cookies were plentiful on my flight from Den to MDW 4/10/12.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 12:34 pm

F9 1811 MKE-MCI on Friday 4/13...not only are there cookies, but they are warm. Have not had a warm one in awhile, and this is likely my last as (at best) I have an RJ round trip left before supplies run out. Nice to have a warm one for old time's sake.

This is the 15th week of the year and my 17th segment on Frontier, and as things currently look I doubt I'll be able to renew Summit. Lots of KC travel this year, and the loss of MKE-MCI is a killer. So it goes...
Old Apr 13, 2012, 1:15 pm

F9 1811 MKE-MCI on Friday 4/13...not only are there cookies, but they are warm. Have not had a warm one in awhile, and this is likely my last as (at best) I have an RJ round trip left before supplies run out. Nice to have a warm one for old time's sake.

This is the 15th week of the year and my 17th segment on Frontier, and as things currently look I doubt I'll be able to renew Summit. Lots of KC travel this year, and the loss of MKE-MCI is a killer. So it goes...
Knope, not only are you going to miss the cookies, but you'll probably also miss your new best friend on F9 to MCI, the onboard Wi-Fi. With WN, right now, it's hit and miss.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.