Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Frontier says Buh-bye to complimentary cookie

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2012, 9:07 pm
Original Poster

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Frontier says Buh-bye to complimentary cookie

Cant say im surprised but the cookie will be offered until the supply has been depleted in April and will not return. More to come along with new snack options and drink changes.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by cwe84
Cant say im surprised but the cookie will be offered until the supply has been depleted in April and will not return. More to come along with new snack options and drink changes.
What more can I say than ?
Old Mar 30, 2012, 9:30 pm

I wonder if it'll go away quietly or if the Milwaukee media will jump all over this. Its starting to get to the point where they should just cut all the routes from MKE except for DEN. Even the MCI operation seems to be losing interest.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 7:05 am

Programs: N23344
Originally Posted by mke9499
What more can I say than ?
It is being replaced with Animal crackers and Gold Fish crackers which will only be distributed to Summit and Ascent members. I'm sure every one will be rushing on to the plane and have a hard time sitting still waiting for their crackers to arrive.

I bet the flight attendants are going to enjoy handing them out even more than the cookies, seeing the excitement on members faces and having to explain to non members that only Summit and Ascent members receive the delicious treats.

The annual cost savings is not a dramatic difference.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 7:08 am

Thanks Frontier.

Another Bedford promise broken.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by IllinoisMan
I wonder if it'll go away quietly or if the Milwaukee media will jump all over this. Its starting to get to the point where they should just cut all the routes from MKE except for DEN. Even the MCI operation seems to be losing interest.
+1 they are probably being proactive in canceling the cookie because at some point in the future they will have no flight from Milwaukee to ship the cookie to DEN.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 8:36 am
btr

Programs: IHG, MP, Enterprise+
Our beloved Cookie - cut down in the prime of life (before we could chew it up and swallow). You will be missed!

And now, a brief moment of silence before we continue the rukus...
Old Mar 31, 2012, 11:49 am

Programs: Midwest Miles, Early Returns
Wow, last tie to YX except the 190s at MKE still in Midwest livery!
Old Mar 31, 2012, 12:15 pm

I understand that, from a marketing standpoint, the cookies became much larger than simply an inflight snack, but I personally never understood the value of them.

For me, during the old glory days of Midwest Express, the cookies weren't important to me. After all, if I really wanted cookies, I could simply bring a few on board and eat them.

What I couldn't bring with me were a big wide first-class style seat throughout the entire cabin, hot meals served on real china, and unlimited complimentary wine/champagne, even on short regional flights.

Those things were phased out many years ago...and that's why the loss of the cookies, for me, isn't much of a loss at all.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by 8C4IOW
It is being replaced with Animal crackers and Gold Fish crackers which will only be distributed to Summit and Ascent members. I'm sure every one will be rushing on to the plane and have a hard time sitting still waiting for their crackers to arrive.
Is the change supposed to be a clever tie-in to the "whole different animal" theme?
Old Mar 31, 2012, 6:05 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Frontier EarlyReturns Summit
Is the change supposed to be a clever tie-in to the "whole different animal" theme?
That would be my guess. At first I was sad, but from a business perspective I understand the switch (catering should be easier). Doesn't change the fact that I probably won't be trying for Summit or Ascent this year.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 9:51 pm

"whole different animal"
That, it certainly is.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
The cookie on Frontier seemed contrived from the start, a bizarre effort to appease MKE flyers who whined about losing Midwest. Since Frontier is again headquartered in Denver, and really has nothing to do with Midwest, there's no need for this little reminder of a lost airline.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by newsmanhoss

Those things were phased out many years ago...and that's why the loss of the cookies, for me, isn't much of a loss at all.
I agree. While nice to have, I never understood why some people were so fascinated with the cookie.

The cookie was very much part of Midwest. It never seemed to fit in and was not well received from the larger Frontier employee/customer base.

There was even a news story last year about a college student who thought the cookies were associated with some kind of terrorist attack.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by BlueHorseShoe2000
I agree. While nice to have, I never understood why some people were so fascinated with the cookie.

The cookie was very much part of Midwest. It never seemed to fit in and was not well received from the larger Frontier employee/customer base.

There was even a news story last year about a college student who thought the cookies were associated with some kind of terrorist attack.
When people act on their emotions their rational thinking skills suffer. People seemed to be emotionally attached to the cookie because it represented something from Milwaukee or brought about an emotional response from traveling on Midwest.

Republic should have had more of plan for implementing the cookie into the Frontier brand. If no real plan was in place other than continuing to serve them, then they should have dropped the cookie with the brand announcement. If they couldn't differentiate themselves by using the cookie, then there was no use for the cookie. But that goes with their whole approach to Milwaukee, which they seemed unsure about as well.

Hopefully they will continue to be sold in Sendiks. I wonder if Republic still receives a royalty from allowing them to be sold? I know Midwest received money from allowing them to be sold in stores.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.