Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Frontier says Buh-bye to complimentary cookie

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2012, 2:30 am
Original Poster

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Originally Posted by RSVP
Crush the crackers and stuff them into the seat pocket.

That's one way of sending a message.
that just makes you look like an immature brat and will go no farther than the employees thinking your a ..........

Originally Posted by BViPeR04
How about no.

I have no say in these types of decisions and that only punishes front line employees like myself.
Ditto

Originally Posted by German Expat
I am Summit and for one feel insulted if they really try to give me animal crackers or goldfish. I like neither one and couldn't they at least pick one healthier choice. Actually scratch that, just give me nothing, that is fine with me.
I do like my free drinks though
cause the snack mix that we give out at our other codeshares is soooooo much better
Old Apr 6, 2012, 7:51 am
btr

Programs: IHG, MP, Enterprise+
How about politely declining the crackers and goldfish and providing feedback where there's a chance that someone who can make a decision will hear you? @:-)
Old Apr 6, 2012, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by btr
How about politely declining the crackers and goldfish and providing feedback where there's a chance that someone who can make a decision will hear you? @:-)
+1
Old Apr 6, 2012, 10:26 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Frontier EarlyReturns Summit
Originally Posted by btr
+2
Old Apr 6, 2012, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by btr
Or, politely accept one and offer it to a nearby child, who may or may not be behaving themselves
Old Apr 6, 2012, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by btr
I doubt feedback does any good. Frontier seems to have a mind of its own. They've been getting feedback on their website for a long time.

It's still the most dysfunctional website in the industry.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by BViPeR04
I have no say in these types of decisions and that only punishes front line employees like myself.
Bad management decisions will ultimately hurt the front line employees much more than cracker crumbs ever will.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 5:23 am
Original Poster

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Originally Posted by RSVP
I doubt feedback does any good. Frontier seems to have a mind of its own. They've been getting feedback on their website for a long time.

It's still the most dysfunctional website in the industry.

Your talking about apples and oranges here. The website and snack options. If you havent noticed Frontiers catering line up changes just about as much as its route network. If you have an issue with catering or customer service related issues those are attended to very quickly. However IT has to build and test and this and that with the website.

Maybe if Frontier disappoints you so much it maybe time for you to find a different go to carrier.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 3:04 pm

The cookie was not just a warm treat, it was a symbol of the gracious and old-home virtues of the YX leaders and staff. My first flight on YX was in the days when dinner on china plates was served to every passenger who had a paid ticket, and included a glass or more of wine. YX was ruined from a passenger's point of view when it was purchased by F9/RW. The attitude of the people here changed and I had 3 consecutive bad experiences including a flight cancellation. YX was the people who served the Milwaukee public; now - not even a token serving of the chocolate chip cookie is left. But just as well - because when Bedford took over - the cookies got cold mighty quick. I can just imagine the pride the flight attendants will exhibit in handing out animal crackers to the socially elite.

Quite frankly, F9's promise to keep the cookies was just them throwing fish at a bunch of barking seals. One has to wounder if the FL merger would have been better for Milwaukee in the long run. Everyone remember when "evil" FL wanted to buy out YX and the whole "save the cookie" campaign was started? Milwaukee showed it's narrow and short sighted view by ignoring the benefits of a possible merger. YX's rejection of the FL bid probably was the dumbest thing ever for airline service at MKE because it would've have become the third hub for FL. Instead, we got the ridiculous "hometown airline" pitch from Hoeksema and the guys at the top of YX, and now MKE is going back to being a secondary airport. Uncle Timmy essentialy told Airbus to "pound sand" when they offered the A320 to YX. What they should have done was deploy the A320 for trans-con and segments that could support the 'Bus. For smaller segments or routes with thinner loads, those should have been flown by Skyway with the Dash 8-Q400. Sure, the Dash's were turboprops but economical.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by IllinoisMan
One has to wounder if the FL merger would have been better for Milwaukee in the long run. Everyone remember when "evil" FL wanted to buy out YX and the whole "save the cookie" campaign was started? Milwaukee showed it's narrow and short sighted view by ignoring the benefits of a possible merger. YX's rejection of the FL bid probably was the dumbest thing ever for airline service at MKE because it would've have become the third hub for FL.
MKE became a hub for FL anyway.

The whole YX/FL discussion is moot. I believe that even FL publicly conceded that a successful YX takeover might have brought the whole company down when fuel marched up to $140/barrel or whatever it was.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 11:57 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Frontier EarlyReturns Summit
The cookie was not just a warm treat, it was a symbol of the gracious and old-home virtues of the YX leaders and staff. My first flight on YX was in the days when dinner on china plates was served to every passenger who had a paid ticket, and included a glass or more of wine. YX was ruined from a passenger's point of view when it was purchased by F9/RW. The attitude of the people here changed and I had 3 consecutive bad experiences including a flight cancellation. YX was the people who served the Milwaukee public; now - not even a token serving of the chocolate chip cookie is left. But just as well - because when Bedford took over - the cookies got cold mighty quick. I can just imagine the pride the flight attendants will exhibit in handing out animal crackers to the socially elite.

Quite frankly, F9's promise to keep the cookies was just them throwing fish at a bunch of barking seals. One has to wounder if the FL merger would have been better for Milwaukee in the long run. Everyone remember when "evil" FL wanted to buy out YX and the whole "save the cookie" campaign was started? Milwaukee showed it's narrow and short sighted view by ignoring the benefits of a possible merger. YX's rejection of the FL bid probably was the dumbest thing ever for airline service at MKE because it would've have become the third hub for FL. Instead, we got the ridiculous "hometown airline" pitch from Hoeksema and the guys at the top of YX, and now MKE is going back to being a secondary airport. Uncle Timmy essentialy told Airbus to "pound sand" when they offered the A320 to YX. What they should have done was deploy the A320 for trans-con and segments that could support the 'Bus. For smaller segments or routes with thinner loads, those should have been flown by Skyway with the Dash 8-Q400. Sure, the Dash's were turboprops but economical.
Do you think Airtran would have kept the cookie? On the same note, would you feel worse if they offered a prepackaged cookie instead of animal crackers?

I really hate to rehash the YX/FL discussion yet again. It's been discussed and analyzed from every side and the people that still want to argue about it aren't going to be changing their positions this far down the line. The cookie did have an emotional connection to a lot of people and its too bad they couldn't make it work, but I think its time to mourn the loss and move on.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 6:25 am
Original Poster

YX was ruined from a passenger's point of view when it was purchased by F9/RW.
Really YX was ruined by RAH? I seem to remember an airline that was sinking faster than the titanic that had slashed its service and offered very little from its original vision when my company bought YX....

I can just imagine the pride the flight attendants will exhibit in handing out animal crackers to the socially elite.
Maybe the old midwest F/As would be embarrassed but im not. I have had the extreme pleasure of serving snack mix to Royalty, diplomats, movie stars, sports legends and business moguls. If the F/A cant get past the things s/he cant control then they should find work elsewhere.... It was a cookie.... Not a very good cookie and I doubt that it will be missed...
Old Apr 8, 2012, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by MikeFromMKE
Do you think Airtran would have kept the cookie? On the same note, would you feel worse if they offered a prepackaged cookie instead of animal crackers?
I actually found the AirTran pre packaged cookies offered in BC to be quite good. The other advantage was taking a few extras to snack on during the trip home.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 7:14 am

Programs: HHonors Gold
I'll miss the cookies, I've only been flying Frontier for about four years and never flew Midwest before then, but really enjoy the "hominess" of the cookies. With them going away, I'm a little disappointed, but not so much I would really complain about it. That being said, I'm not at all excited about the Goldfish/Animal Cookies. That just makes me feel we're being treated like children. I'd much rather just be allowed to pick something off the snack menu.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 12:51 pm

I can't seem to find the original post, but there was a suggestion to list if cookies were offered or not to track when they ran out.

4/10 MKE-MCI #1811 still had them -- cold, and ample seconds as we were perhaps only 60% full.

It was not announced as part of the inflight offerings, however.

Last edited by knope2001; Apr 10, 2012 at 1:08 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.