Search

Largest carryon between DEN-DRO?

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2010, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Kettle with Kryptonium Medallion Tags
Largest carryon between DEN-DRO?

I travel with camera equipment, so I'm wondering if anyone could tell me what the largest carry-on I can take on a DEN-DRO flight?

I presume rollerboards are out. Are the bins on the Q400s larger than the bins on United's CRJs?

(I'm based in ATL, so I have not yet had an opportunity to fly a Frontier Q400 -- just mainline Frontier.)
Old May 20, 2010, 4:23 pm

If the schedule still shows a Q400, the bins are quite small, comparable to what I've seen on the CRJ's. The area under the seat is actually larger. You could probably get a a larger roll aboard briefcase under there. Everything else is gate checked and DRO is pretty good about getting the cart around relatively quickly. The only time I've seen it go inside is in inclement weather.

If you have something larger and fragile, you can ask the FA if you can stow your item elsewhere. There is a baggage bin up front and some room in the back. However, this is up to captain's discretion and whatever commandments have come down from the mothership, so don't be surprised if your request is denied.
Old May 21, 2010, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Kettle with Kryptonium Medallion Tags
Originally Posted by GreatChecko
If the schedule still shows a Q400, the bins are quite small, comparable to what I've seen on the CRJ's. The area under the seat is actually larger.
Thanks, that helps a lot. I carry several camera bodies and a bunch of lenses, so I can just pack them in something that fits under a seat.

The schedule is still showing Q400s. Is F9 changing equipment out?
Old May 22, 2010, 1:40 am

Originally Posted by RatherBeOnATrain
Thanks, that helps a lot. I carry several camera bodies and a bunch of lenses, so I can just pack them in something that fits under a seat.

The schedule is still showing Q400s. Is F9 changing equipment out?
I believe only 3 are left. Frontier is shutting down Lynx Aviation on Labor Day and selling the remaining fleet. Don't get me started on hot and high performance of a jet...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.