Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SBA>DEN>MSP 29 min connection time

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2010, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

SBA>DEN>MSP 29 min connection time

I'm considering flying in September from Santa Barbara to Denver on Frontier operated by Republic Airlines with an arrival at 10:01am in Denver. Then I leave Denver at 10:30am to Minneapolis. This only gives a 29 minute connection time.

question: does anyone know how Republic Airlines' on-time performance is? SBA>DEN is a brand new route so there's no data.
Old May 19, 2010, 2:54 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Good On-Time Performance

I don't have any stats to back this up, but I fly Frontier frequently and I find their on-time performance very, very good. It's so good that I can't remember the last time that I was delayed.

Your flight out of SBA is the first flight of the day, so I would be shocked if you were delayed. And, all Frontier flights operate out of the same concourse in Denver, so connections are breeze.

Best Wishes!
Old May 19, 2010, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
You should be just fine with the 29 minute connection time.. However, is that a legal connection? Will F9 let you book it? If so, I would try to get seats as far forward as possible, even if you need to pay for STRETCH seating!
Old May 19, 2010, 10:02 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Is that a legal connection? Will F9 let you book it?
It's a legal connection and you can book it directly from Frontier without any problem.
Old May 20, 2010, 4:10 pm

All Frontier flights are on the A concourse in Denver. You can get from one end to the other in 10 minutes, if you're slow. I've made connections there in 5 minutes.
Old May 20, 2010, 4:18 pm

As plenty of people have said, unless something unforeseen happens, you'll have plenty of time to make the connection. I've taken leisurely walks from one end of A to the other, without using the moving walkways, in about 10 minutes.
Old May 21, 2010, 8:08 pm

Programs: United, Marriott, Choice, Avis, Hertz
Originally Posted by GreatChecko
As plenty of people have said, unless something unforeseen happens, you'll have plenty of time to make the connection. I've taken leisurely walks from one end of A to the other, without using the moving walkways, in about 10 minutes.
While this is true, more and more at DEN lately, I have been a victim of a delay on the tarmac while they are waiting for a gate. If the outbound out of your arrival gate is delayed, you could be waiting.

The E190's have a pretty fair sized overhead bin, so most carryons will fit in sideways. I don't think they'll gate check and return bags at the gate with these. The E190 planes are quite comfortable especially if you can get the stretch seating, but there is no TV or IFE to speak of.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.