Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stretch Seating

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2009, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Stretch Seating

Has anybody has the opportunity to try out the new stretch seating? I'm interested in the amount of legroom that the A320 offers...
Old Dec 12, 2009, 10:54 pm

Not all Airbus aircraft have not been reconfigured yet. However the plan is to complete the A318s, then A320s, then A319s. But to answer your question, the Stretch seats offer 5" more legroom, and is quite noticable. This is based on the product currently offered on the E190 aircraft.
Old Dec 12, 2009, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I suppose I should have been a little more clear in my question. I know all of the data about what stretch offers, and when it will be incorporated. I was just trying to get a review of somebody who had flown in the seat. Obviously with five extra inches, it is much better than just the regular seats...

As far as which aircraft they are going to install the seats on, here is the order... They will actually start with the A320, then the A318, finally with the A319...

http://www.frontierairlines.com/fron...tretch-faqs.do

E190 (Available beginning 11/3/2009)
* STRETCH Rows 1-4

A320 (Available beginning 12/15/2009)
* STRETCH Rows 1-4

A318 (Available beginning 12/24/2009)
* STRETCH Rows 1-4

A319 (Available by 2/1/2010)
* STRETCH Rows 1-4
Old Dec 12, 2009, 11:05 pm

Thanks for the correction, I mistook the A318/A320 order of completion.
Old Dec 12, 2009, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

No Problem... Have you tried the new seating? I suppose it would be like E+ and E- on UA...

Maybe some day F9 will consider adding a First Class Cabin to some of the fleet...
Old Dec 13, 2009, 12:42 pm

I've only tried it on the E190s, signifcantly more legroom. It is very similar to exit row legroom, however, I'm certain I read that Stretch has 1" more than exit row.
Old Dec 22, 2009, 12:58 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Nat'l Exec
I just flew it today actually, and noticed that it is a bit more roomy than exit row. I am only Ascent, and from what I understand it is not free for us - only Summit? I got the seat from the GA.

I've heard its only free for Summits at T-24, not at booking and that Ascent's pay a small fee. Anyone know? I can't find info online. All I know is that 2 of my reservations where I was sitting in row 1-4 were reassigned.
Old Dec 22, 2009, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by CObigtimefan
I just flew it today actually, and noticed that it is a bit more roomy than exit row. I am only Ascent, and from what I understand it is not free for us - only Summit? I got the seat from the GA.

I've heard its only free for Summits at T-24, not at booking and that Ascent's pay a small fee. Anyone know? I can't find info online. All I know is that 2 of my reservations where I was sitting in row 1-4 were reassigned.
Did you have a Classic Plus ticket? That's the only way an Ascent can get around paying for the extra legroom.

If not, consider it a Christmas present from F9. ^

As for the reassignments, it seems that they reassigned everyone who selected the stretch seats prior to the fleet rollout date. The reservations end of things seems to have gotten botched a bit and they had to step back when they realized the obvious issues with a fleet of mixed seating configurations.

Checko
Old Dec 23, 2009, 9:09 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, WN CP, Marriott Gold
Has anyone else experienced issues as a Summit trying to take advantage of the new seats? I received an offer to upgrade to Stretch for free while checking in, but when I attempt to choose my seat, it says "There was a technical problem checking you in, please proceed to the airport". I spoke to the Summit line and they were not helpful, saying that my only option was to go to the airport and try for one, but I'm sure they'll be gone by then.

I went ahead and checked-in with my existing exit-row seat, but I was really hoping to try out the new configuration.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 4:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by DenverF9Flier
Has anyone else experienced issues as a Summit trying to take advantage of the new seats? I received an offer to upgrade to Stretch for free while checking in, but when I attempt to choose my seat, it says "There was a technical problem checking you in, please proceed to the airport".
Just tried this - selected seat but received the same technical problem message.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 6:46 am

Programs: HH Gold; AA AAdvantage Mbr; DL Skymiles Silver Medallion; World of Hyatt Mbr; NK Free Spirit Mbr
Will any Midwest a/c see this type of seating also?
Old Jan 31, 2010, 9:29 am

I flew SJC->DEN on Frontier 1068 (codeshare with Midwest E190 AC) on Jan 28th. I had a Classic ticket and was able to buy the stretch seat for $15 from the TA. Unfortunately stretch wasn't available on my DEN-LGA A319 leg.

On the E190 only 5 of the 16 stretch seats were occupied when the cabin door closed. Then some pax tried to move into a stretch seat and was sent back being told "...these seats are reserved for premium customers...". About midway into the flight a different pax moved into a stretch seat and wasn't challenged and stayed in the seat for the duration.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 10:19 am

Good News!

Stretch Seating will be available throughout the Airbus fleet on February 1st!

Checko
Old Feb 1, 2010, 7:33 am

Summit members should be able to get Stretch seating at the time of booking by selecting a specific seat (rows 1-4). Don't accept the default general "aisle" or "window" option or you won't get it.

Ascent members can either pay for Stretch seating (15 or 25 depending on their fare) or for free at the gate, if available.

I know that gate agents are supposed to page Ascent members and offer it, but that generally doesn't happen. So, Ascent members, ask if Stretch seating is available when you get to your gate.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 3:20 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by azstar
Summit members should be able to get Stretch seating at the time of booking by selecting a specific seat (rows 1-4). Don't accept the default general "aisle" or "window" option or you won't get it.

Ascent members can either pay for Stretch seating (15 or 25 depending on their fare) or for free at the gate, if available.

I know that gate agents are supposed to page Ascent members and offer it, but that generally doesn't happen. So, Ascent members, ask if Stretch seating is available when you get to your gate.
I did not manage to get this on my last reservation. From the original announcement even Summits were only getting it 24 hours ahead. Are you saying this is now available ?
Their web site still sates the 24 hour rule.

http://www.frontierairlines.com/fron...tretch-faqs.do

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.