What is the fee to change an earlyreturns booking?

Old Nov 30, 2008, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

What is the fee to change an earlyreturns booking?

I have a roundtrip flight scheduled for this week. I might not be able to go. Does anyone know how much it will cost to have the reward returned to my account for future use? I dont know when i would use it. Thanks
Old Dec 1, 2008, 5:47 am

Programs: Frontier Summit, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Fee Changes as of 9/15/08:
* All award tickets will incur a $25 redemption fee
* All tickets issued 14 days or less prior to the date of travel will incur a $75 expedite fee
* Change itinerary: As long as an award seat is available on your desired flight, you can change the time, date, passenger name, or city pairs for $75 change fee
* Cancelled itinerary: If you no longer want to fly on the original ticket booked, you may cancel your itinerary and redeposit the miles for $75 redeposit fee
You can also call them up and have the ticket marked as "not taken" which will give you one year to use it ($75 change fee at rebook). Be sure to make the call for canceling or hold before the flight date. They have a new "use it or lose it" rule:

* For non-refundable tickets purchased on or after October 1, 2008, customers must cancel the reservation on/before the scheduled flight departure time or the coupon/coupons will be forfeited. All monies are forfeited and will not be re-usable by the passenger. If the flight segment/segments is cancelled before the scheduled flight departure time, the value is retained and may be applied to a subsequent ticket subject to the change fee and any fare difference for up to one year from original issue date.
Old Dec 1, 2008, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MontanaJim74
I have a roundtrip flight scheduled for this week. I might not be able to go. Does anyone know how much it will cost to have the reward returned to my account for future use? I dont know when i would use it. Thanks
Did you book this flight with 15k (before Sep 15) or 20k miles? If 15k, keep in mind that if you return it to your account, you will have to use 20k for any new flight. (I'm not sure how it works now for changes to reward flights booked at the old miles level.)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.