Wiki Posts
Search

$75 Confirmed Fee For Flight Change

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2008, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

$75 Confirmed Fee For Flight Change

Effective November 22, 2008:

To travel on an alternate flight on the same day as your originally-scheduled itinerary, simply show up at the airport and if a seat is available, you'll be confirmed on the new flight for a flat rate of $75 (NO CHARGE for Summit members). The change must be made at the airport, city pairs must remain the same, and seats must be available on all flight segments (a segment is defined as one take-off and one landing). This option is available regardless of ticket purchase date.
Old Nov 25, 2008, 7:26 am

Programs: Frontier Summit, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
I was a little confused about this till I saw the e-mail:

Dear EarlyReturns® Member,

We know that change is hard, and we sometimes wish it didn't have to happen. The good news is, this change is for the better! Effective November 22, 2008, customers who wish to change to a different flight on the same day of scheduled travel will receive a confirmed seat, if available, for a flat fee of $75. This is a change from the current policy which charges the difference between the original fare and the current fare of the new flight, which in most cases resulted in a fee higher than $75.

To exercise this new-found flexibility, just show up to the airport on your originally-scheduled day of travel, and if a seat is available, you'll be confirmed on the new flight for just $75. For more information on this policy change click here.

We hope that this policy adjustment will make any travel changes that you do encounter a little more simple, and a lot less stressful. We look forward to seeing you soon on your next Frontier flight!
Best Regards,

Jim Young
Vice President - Marketing, Sales and Distribution

*Same-day schedule changes can only be made at the airport on the scheduled day of travel. Changes made in advance of scheduled departure date will be assessed a $150 change fee plus the difference, if any, between the original fare and the current price of the new flight.

**Summit members may confirm an available flight free of charge for the same day as originally ticketed. Any changes to travel itinerary on a day other than the original travel date will incur any additional fare difference, however the change fee will still be waived.
Old Nov 25, 2008, 1:19 pm

Programs: WN A-list/CP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Plt,*wood Plt,F9 Summitt, Hyatt Diamond,
Originally Posted by JaggedMind
I was a little confused about this till I saw the e-mail:
At least you got an e-mail.............I am a Summitt and wouldn't have know this unless it was posted here. Way to go F9 !
Old Nov 25, 2008, 2:24 pm

Programs: F9 Ascent, UA, AA, AS, ICH PA, Hertz PC.....
Of course, this is for a confirmed seat. I've never known F9 (or ANY airline) that didn't want to get a pax out earlier if possible...it helps them keep later seats available for pax with connection issues etc. Now, I haven't flown F9 since the beginning of the year - they may be getting tighter about it. And with Ascent and a smaller station like PDX, it's easy to get to know them on sight, which I'm sure helps...

I hate to see a really good airline go the way of nickle-and-dime. In the past, I would even "game" my corporate travel system to be able to fly F9 (much, much cheaper than the company preferred AA on PDX-DFW). Unfortunately RFTraveler isn't traveling much these days...

RFTraveler
Old Nov 25, 2008, 8:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, WN CP, Marriott Gold
Saw this as a press-release from F9 when it came out (you can sign up for these on their website). My question is, has this changed to airport-only? As a Summit I am used to being able to call day-of-travel and get a confirmed seat change... if they've given the option back to _all_ travelers, and switched it to "airport-only", then this is a big de-valuation for summit members.
Old Dec 1, 2008, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

This new policy isn't applicable to Summit members. Summit's are confirmed on any flight same day so long as seats are available to sell. This policy is for everyone else. You can still make changes via reservations for flight changes same-day.

Originally Posted by DenverF9Flier
Saw this as a press-release from F9 when it came out (you can sign up for these on their website). My question is, has this changed to airport-only? As a Summit I am used to being able to call day-of-travel and get a confirmed seat change... if they've given the option back to _all_ travelers, and switched it to "airport-only", then this is a big de-valuation for summit members.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 4:18 pm

Programs: WN CP & B-list. Disillusioned fmr UA-1P/2P,F9-Ascent; Fmr AA-Plat,CO-Gold,NW-Silver,TWA-Elite
There is a way around the $75 fee for non-summit members. Book two (2) flights on the same day on Southwest Airlines at the lowest price possible. If your meeting gets out early, take the early flight and either call and cancel the later flight, or it will just become ticketless travel funds all by itself. If your meeting runs long, take the later flight and either cancel the earlier flight or let it go and it will become ticketless travel funds. Then use the ticketless travel funds within the next year and you are not out a penny.

Either way, you fly on the lowest fare and you can get a great boarding number either by 24 hour before the flight check-in or automatic check-in if you are an A-list member.

With this method, you are guaranteed a seat on either flight, you don't have to fly "space available." And, if you've got a good boarding number, you are going to get a window or aisle seat.

Also, if you are booking in the 7-14 days before the flight, the price difference between the discount fare and the full fare on Southwest may be less than $75. In that case, just book one of the flights and pay to upgrade to full fare or business select fare (to get a great boarding pass number), if you need to go on the earlier flight.

Further, if something changes and say you have to stay overnight, you are not hit with the $150 change fee in addition to the fare difference.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 11:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FCfree
There is a way around the $75 fee for non-summit members. Book two (2) flights on the same day on Southwest Airlines at the lowest price possible. If your meeting gets out early, take the early flight and either call and cancel the later flight, or it will just become ticketless travel funds all by itself. If your meeting runs long, take the later flight and either cancel the earlier flight or let it go and it will become ticketless travel funds. Then use the ticketless travel funds within the next year and you are not out a penny.

Either way, you fly on the lowest fare and you can get a great boarding number either by 24 hour before the flight check-in or automatic check-in if you are an A-list member.

With this method, you are guaranteed a seat on either flight, you don't have to fly "space available." And, if you've got a good boarding number, you are going to get a window or aisle seat.

Also, if you are booking in the 7-14 days before the flight, the price difference between the discount fare and the full fare on Southwest may be less than $75. In that case, just book one of the flights and pay to upgrade to full fare or business select fare (to get a great boarding pass number), if you need to go on the earlier flight.

Further, if something changes and say you have to stay overnight, you are not hit with the $150 change fee in addition to the fare difference.
This has absolutely nothing to do with F9. If a F9 vs. WN policy thread comes up, then by all means, go for it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.