Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Frontier Airlines EarlyReturns (Pre-Alignment)
Reload this Page >

Email to Summit Members about changes to award redemptions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Email to Summit Members about changes to award redemptions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2008, 9:27 am

EarlyReturns on AirTran

Originally Posted by jfinsocal
Can you use Frontier miles for business class upgrades on AirTran? This might be a good way for me to dump my F9 miles.
No, you can't use miles to upgrade from a coach ticket on AirTran. But you can use EarlyReturns miles for a Business Class ticket. I just burned 40k from Frontier flying MCO-SEA the other weekend in Business Class. Booking it was a piece of cake!
Old Aug 22, 2008, 10:51 am

Programs: F9 Ascent, UA, AA, AS, ICH PA, Hertz PC.....
I did find it interesting that I read the email here on FT about 3 hrs before I got the email myself...

Gotta love FT

RFTraveler ^
Old Aug 23, 2008, 8:36 pm

Programs: United, Marriott, Choice, Avis, Hertz
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8310/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Also, I like how the CEO deflects the bad news down to a VP.

I am 5k away from a Summit requal or 11 segments from UA 2p with not much travel expected for the rest of this and next year. I am thinking I should requalify for Summit to avoid these fees but rewarding this change with more flights doesn't feel right.
Old Aug 23, 2008, 9:23 pm

Is there an echo in here??
Old Aug 25, 2008, 11:37 pm

Programs: United, Marriott, Choice, Avis, Hertz
Apparently there was a problem with my Blackberry. My apologies for the confusion. Regarding the deflection to the VP, Menke had just sent the cryptic email the week before (discussed elsewhere in the forum).
Old Sep 3, 2008, 6:51 pm

Programs: AA CO DL
Is it time to deep six Frontier? They seem to be committing suicide with their FF program......its turned into a joke with NO availability.
Old Sep 4, 2008, 8:56 am

Programs: Southwest A-list, Hiltonhonors Diamond, Delta, AA Platinum, IHG Platinum,
I am not surprised. Most airlines are doing this now however I agree that this airline never seems to have any availability when trying to use your miles. I might just dump my miles!!!!
Old Sep 4, 2008, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA CO DL
Thumbs down

on frontier beware, after suggesting that i purchase a 1000 miles to get me over the 15000 miles mark for a free ticket....i fine NO availability anywhere anytime.....i am going after them for mis-representing the sale on false grounds. then i am going to just dump the miles, wont do business with a less than honest company.
Old Sep 5, 2008, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by airboss
on frontier beware, after suggesting that i purchase a 1000 miles to get me over the 15000 miles mark for a free ticket....i fine NO availability anywhere anytime.....i am going after them for mis-representing the sale on false grounds. then i am going to just dump the miles, wont do business with a less than honest company.
If you already had 14000 miles, you could have researched award availability before making your 1000-mile purchase, by checking for award avaiability as seprate outbound and inbound one-way awards. One-way awards come from the same inventory as round trip awards (despite costing more).
Old Sep 5, 2008, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by airboss
I think we've had this discussion before...

Wait we have:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=852017

You know, FlyerTalk is a good resource. I'd use it in the future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.