Wiki Posts
Search

Lost Baggage

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2007, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: CO PLT,DL Plat (status match),BD Gold, Amex Plat, SPG Plat, PC Plat
Lost Baggage

Flew first time on Frontier DEN LGA and had a good experience, however they lost my baggage only to deliver it to my home 30 hours later.
Any advice? Worth asking for compensation?

PS.There is no email address on the website for customer Relations! Anyone?
Old Dec 2, 2007, 1:22 pm
Original Member

Sorry to hear about your experience with your luggage.

There is a toll free number to call, which if you feel you need compensation I would call. This number can be found here:

http://www.frontierairlines.com/fron...departments.do

Some airlines feel customer service is done better talking to a person.
Old Dec 4, 2007, 9:08 pm

Programs: United, Marriott, Choice, Avis, Hertz
Customer service is I believe Denver-based and generally very courteous. Frontier left our bags behind when I travelled DEN-PHX the day before Thanksgiving. One of our three checked bags made it. I am Summit Level and they put the priority tags on all three--lots of good that did. It took some time to find a rep to tell us they put them on a later United flight. I checked in about 50-55 minutes before my flight so perhaps the baggage hold was too full for my two roller bags. There were about 5 people on the flight missing bags. The flight was not even full.

I'm glad I don't normally need to do this for my business travel.
Old Dec 4, 2007, 11:58 pm
Original Poster

Well I checked well in advance..........anyhow I called Customer Relations they transferred me to baggage claims. The guy said that since it was delayed on the way to my hometown they I had to outlay etc so as a courtesy offered to mail me a $50 credit I wonder if they have a charter stating otherwise?
Old Dec 5, 2007, 12:53 am

Programs: SkyMiles
From experience, losing your bag on the way home will get you pretty much nothing other than your bag, if it's found.

Normally, the only compensation anyone gets from a missing bag is reimbursement for expenses such as toiletries and underwear, and even then only when away from home. Twice I have gotten rentals (one time a tux the other golf clubs) reimbursed, but not much else.

I have learned that checking bags less than 90 minutes to departure in Denver enhanses the risk of bags not showing up, on any airline. Then again, leaving Denver was the only place my PHX bound bag went to PDX, so maybe they just need more light down in the tunnels in Denver.
Old Dec 5, 2007, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sparky81
From experience, losing your bag on the way home will get you pretty much nothing other than your bag, if it's found.

Normally, the only compensation anyone gets from a missing bag is reimbursement for expenses such as toiletries and underwear, and even then only when away from home. Twice I have gotten rentals (one time a tux the other golf clubs) reimbursed, but not much else.

I have learned that checking bags less than 90 minutes to departure in Denver enhances the risk of bags not showing up, on any airline. Then again, leaving Denver was the only place my PHX bound bag went to PDX, so maybe they just need more light down in the tunnels in Denver.
Thats a good observation as i checked in online a did a bag drop an hour before the flight. Given that DEN is such a large airport ( awesome but a pain) that make sence , although one of the 2 bags did arrive!

Regarding the PDX/PHX mix up thats interesting too as the tags have barcodes on them Do they not scan them or it manually read?
Old Dec 6, 2007, 1:10 am

Programs: SkyMiles
Originally Posted by sammyh
Regarding the PDX/PHX mix up thats interesting too as the tags have barcodes on them Do they not scan them or it manually read?
From what I gathered from the occurance, and it happens once or twice weekly per the agent that took my claim, Frontier simply has rampers picking up bags from carousels and loading them into carts. The agent that called to let me know my bag arrived said United had scanned it when it came to Phoenix, so as far as I can tell the bar codes are just for other airlines that actually have scanners.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.