Wiki Posts
Search

Early Morning Arrival in Cancun

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2007, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM
Question Early Morning Arrival in Cancun

Going to the Yucatan in late February and we have a redeye from DEN into CUN, arriving at 5:20 am. Anyone have experience with this flight. Is the airport even up and running at that time?

My main concern is getting an airport transfer down the coast to our resort. At that time of the morning, I'm not concerned about getting to the resort in a hurry. Therefore, I was thinking about getting a shared van service instead of a private transfer, but I'm concerned about sitting around the airport at 6:30am waiting for the van to fill up with other passengers before it will depart (which I hear some companies will do). Any advice?
Old Nov 28, 2007, 9:07 am

We have flown on Frontier into Cancun the last four years but we usually rent a car instead of taking van transportation. We will be going again around the same time you are. We take an early morning non-stop flight into Cancun. Not familiar with your particular flight though. I don't know if you have been through the Cancun airport before but it can be a zoo once you have passed through immigration and customs. There are many, many, time-share salespeople at the airport who will try and get your attention (although it may not be so bad at 5:30am). Just ignore them and keep walking through the aiport till you reach the doors to the outside. You can book your transportation upon arrival at the airport but I would recommend that you do it in advance. You can book online and provide your flight details. The van driver will be waiting outside at the airport with a sign with your name on it. Be cautious at the airport because there will be dozens of drivers from different companies who will try to get you to go with them. Just keep looking for the person holding a sign with your name. I would also recommend that you pay a little more and go with a private van. You don't want to be crammed into a van full of luggage and other travelers and have to stop at other resorts along the way especially if your lodging is 60 miles from Cancun. You can try the following companies: getdita.com; cancunvalet.com; entertainment.plus.net. Most companies will allow you to pay the driver at the airport. Make sure that if you do pay in advance that you will be able to get a refund if for some reason your trip gets cancelled.

Hopefully, your hotel will either allow you to have an early check-in or will store your luggage until your room is ready. Pack your shorts and swimwear in your carry on and you can be on the beach before 10:00am. Have a great trip!
Old Nov 29, 2007, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM
Smile Early Morning Arrival in Cancun

Thanks for the info. I'm guessing by your handle you're in Kansas City? I live in SLC now, so we're connecting through Denver on the way to cancun. We leave DEN at 12:20 Saturday morning and arrive CUN at 5:20am. I'm planning on having a nice relaxed arrival/check-in with a less crowded airport, and time to eat breakfast and hit the pools in the morning before checking in to our room in the afternoon.

Do you have a recommend on any specific transfer company that you've used?
Old Nov 29, 2007, 7:36 pm

Talking

Yes, I live in KC now, originally from New Orleans. I've used getdita transportation in Cancun and was very pleased. If this is your first visit to the Yucatan, you may want to check out www.locogringo.com which is a site run by two Americans who now live in the Yucatan. There is a tremendous amount of information available on the site. It is also very easy to sign up if you want to post questions. A number of posters on the site have traveled to the area many times and will be happy to answer any questions that you may have.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 11:10 am

Go to www.entertainment-plus.net for private transfers. We have used them for years, early arrivals and late and they are always there when we arrive -- even if we arrive hours late.
Old Jan 10, 2008, 6:52 pm

Programs: United, Southwest, HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Airtran, Starwood Plat, Marriott Gold, Loews Gold
I used entertainmentplus 3 times in 2007. Yes...I got to go three times to Cancun from Ohio!!! They had great service and very nice vehicles. It is nice to have someone there with a sign with your name on it.
Eric
Old Jan 12, 2008, 5:03 pm

Programs: AA PLT
whoa, I am arriving cancun at 9am on Frontier from STL, and I thought that was an early morning arrival, lol!!

Based on what I have read here and elsewhere, I am going to book entertainment plus. No way would I wait for a group shared van, especially if I had to go 60 miles (we're just staying in Cancun and I am not interested in doing that!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.