First time flying Frontier...impressed

Old Sep 30, 06, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Location: Franklin, TN HHonors Diamond, Worldperks Platinum, Priority Club Platinum
First time flying Frontier...impressed

took r/t from BNA-LAS. Full loads, both ways, both segments. I have to say, this airline, while not flashy, does things right. Aircraft (319) was clean, crew was very friendly, flights on-time. I really enjoyed the in-flight entertainment system.
While relatively new to Nashville, this airline provides a nice alternative to SWA. I now wish Frontier would add a hub east of the Mississippi so I could take advantage of east coast travel with them.
Looking forward to using the BNA-CUN direct flight next year.
Old Sep 30, 06, 7:47 am

Programs: DL Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Starwood Gold
Good to hear. We will be taking our first trip with Frontier in December from IND to CUN. The flight is a non-stop and fairly priced. We will have to drive from Louisville to Indianapolis (2 hours) to catch the flight, but considering that three of us will save over $600 compared to flying from SDF and not have the anxiety of changing planes in ATL or CLT or worse it's a great deal.

Wish they served Louisville directly. I've heard so many nice comments about them. My experience with their customer service people on clearing up a mix-up (caused by me) on my reservations was the best. Not only was everything cleared up, it was done efficiently and cheerfully.

We are really looking forward to flying with them.
Old Oct 9, 06, 5:39 am

Programs: UA 1P (you could hear the thud from 1K on March 1)
I agree that they are an impressive airline. I flew with them a couple dozen times in 2004 and some in 2005 MDW-DEN. Most of the planes I have been on were clean, the crews are friendly, and they had the most on time flights for my route. They also comp'd me Ascent status when I showed them my P1 card from UA and told them I was going to be commuting to Denver for 6 months.

The Direct TV entertainment is a great idea. Live TV and SPORTING EVENTS kept me easily entertained for 3 hours.

Last edited by FF_Parrothead; Oct 9, 06 at 5:45 am
Old Oct 10, 06, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by volrichard
took r/t from BNA-LAS. Full loads, both ways, both segments. I have to say, this airline, while not flashy, does things right. Aircraft (319) was clean, crew was very friendly, flights on-time. I really enjoyed the in-flight entertainment system.
While relatively new to Nashville, this airline provides a nice alternative to SWA. I now wish Frontier would add a hub east of the Mississippi so I could take advantage of east coast travel with them.
Looking forward to using the BNA-CUN direct flight next year.
I used them a lot last year to go BNA-SEA...then they dropped the Sunday evening flight I needed, and I had to go with AA (not that I mind AA, but the schedule had been working out nicely on Frontier). I couldn't understand the logic, as the flight was usually full. I do like Frontier in general but at the moment have no reason to use them. My only complaint is that if you're not into the IFE and want to sleep, the flickering screens and cheap headphones (that let sound leak out) are a distraction, so take an eye mask and earplugs if you want to snooze.
Old Oct 12, 06, 11:48 pm

Flew today (10/12/06)

IND - DEN UA
DEN - IND F9 612 705p - 1130p.

IT WAS GREAT. No, I'm still in shock.

LIVE TELEVISION/DIRECTTV. Watched the SCIFI channel. Wow - during commercials could channel surf. I am still beyond belief in loving that system.

Food/Service: Chips were served along with TWO beverage service runs. TWO.

Flight attendants were great.

I think having Directv changes the entire flight - for the passengers and flight attendants. People are focused on television and you forget you are in a tiny seat and no first class.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frontier_Airlines

I'm plat on NWA and silver on US and couldn't have been happier on F9. Amazing flight.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: