Baggage to US connection?

Old Jun 8, 2006, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Foodland Maika'i Plastic Card, DL GM when it meant something
Baggage to US connection?

Hello,

Anyone know if Frontier has a baggage handling agreement with US/HP? Specifically, if I connect from a F9 flight in DEN to US, will I have to collect/recheck my bags?

Tim
Old Jun 8, 2006, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA, UA, HH, *wood
Exclamation

Yes. F9 has an interline agreement w/ CO. Just let the checkin agent know you are connecting on another airline and they should be able to add the other segment to your itinerary so it is included in the bag tag. Just make the correct final destination is on the bag tag. Otherwise, manual bag tags can be done.

I'm not positive, but I believe CO departures are also out of the A terminal so you should be set to go directly to the connecting gate and checkin.
Old Jun 9, 2006, 1:45 am

If possible, check with your Frontier CSA at checkin to see if they can put a flourescent green/yellow TRANSFER tag on your bag tag. They should be able to issue automated tags with a bit of wrangling with the computer.

Though the tags have been phased out in most stations, having it on there is an extra reminder to the folks in Denver to take a look at the bag tag before sending the bag to its next destination.

Last edited by foxnine; Jun 9, 2006 at 1:55 am
Old Jun 22, 2006, 12:29 pm

Programs: AC, BA, DL, AA, JL
Question What about UA? Does F9 have an interline agreement with UA?

I may have to connect from an F9 flight from DCA-DEN to a UA flight from DEN-MDW. (F9 is the only airline that has the convenient flight timing I need to do this.) All things being equal, I'd just as soon avoid collecting my bag and checking it in again on UA. Is it possible for me to interline the bag through to MDW from DCA on an F9-UA baggage ticket DCA-DEN-MDW?

Thanks for your replies, folks!

Originally Posted by LAX Gambit
Yes. F9 has an interline agreement w/ CO. Just let the checkin agent know you are connecting on another airline and they should be able to add the other segment to your itinerary so it is included in the bag tag. Just make the correct final destination is on the bag tag. Otherwise, manual bag tags can be done.

I'm not positive, but I believe CO departures are also out of the A terminal so you should be set to go directly to the connecting gate and checkin.
Old Jun 22, 2006, 7:54 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
I'm reasonably certain F9 & UA can interline; I know they can endorse tickets to each other. But I'd still call or check with others here to be sure.
Old Jun 24, 2006, 12:19 am

Maclock,

If you need your bag upon arrival, I highly suggest that you either carryon, or recheck the bag in Denver. From personal experience from taking customer claims, the UA/F9 successful transfer rate in Denver is usually less than 25%. United will often wait until after your flight departs before they make a transfer bag run. Sometimes you'll also get a ramper who isn't reading the bag tag and your bag may be offloaded onto the carousel in DEN. You may get lucky this time, but statistically, plan to deal with United's baggage service folks if you decide to interline bags.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.